Jurong Big Box To Be Redeveloped Into Business Park, Expected Completion In Late-2021

kobayashiGT

2 minutes ago, Karoon said:

Since before covid there was a brand new tall office building opposite big box. Empty for about a year except bottom few floors with f&b and then covid hit.  I guess the new owners buy first and think the crowd will come.

No one would know covid will hit so badly.

↡ Advertisement

5 hours ago, Naughty9795 said:

How nice if Ikea take over big box. Jem space is still small for Ikea.

:grin:

That's a very good idea.

One in the city, one is the East and one in the West.

And with more people working from home

means they spend more on their homes!

People waiting in queues to hand you their hard earn money is a good business.

I wish my used car dealership had that kind of business.

image.thumb.png.88872e68ea3d64c77544d50005a04024.png

image.thumb.png.c75de5b686a4fa8dccfff55b834f3dd0.png

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

But Ikea are really smart.

Maybe they did their calculations

and worked out a smaller area in JEM

is all they need.

And how would they know how much business they will get in the West?

Simple just look at how many deliveries they made to customers in the West.

Its simple things like this that companies fail to do.

Imagine investing millions and simple things like this also never do.

You cannot imagine how people make million dollar decisions.

Edited by Jamesc

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

But Ikea are really smart.

Maybe they did their calculations

and worked out a smaller area in JEM

is all they need.

And how would they know how much business they will get in the West?

Simple just look at how many deliveries they made to customers in the West.

Its simple things like this that companies fail to do.

Imagine investing millions and simple things like this also never do.

You cannot imagine how people make million dollar decisions.

Its the same with decathlon. Jookoon so ulu, surely staff swat flies. Apparently not. Maybe thats why after we sell nol to angmo, they made it profitable. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
On 12/5/2020 at 1:12 PM, Windwaver said:

Huh, office space when more people are likely to work from home?

wonder how WeWork is doing now...

remember they own a row of shophouses (converted to offices) at Chinatown area

Turbocharged
22 minutes ago, Karoon said:

Its the same with decathlon. Jookoon so ulu, surely staff swat flies. Apparently not. Maybe thats why after we sell nol to angmo, they made it profitable. 

even the NTUC warehouse concept at Joo Koon also doing well 

On 12/5/2020 at 7:24 PM, Watwheels said:

Why BigBox failed in the first place is because it's 3 steps too late. Whatever developer tries to build there will more or less end up like BigBox.

In the area you want office space, there are plenty. Other than Westgate there are also a couple of new office building in that area. You want warehouse or furniture, IMM.  Seriously for warehouse space Toh Guan which is nearby has plenty to choose from. Want hospital, I think you will want to go shopping instead of staying in your ward. Want cinema, ice skating, Jcube. Library is just next to it. Want supermarket, DDDonki and NTUC at Jem and IKEA is going to occupy 3 levels of what Robinsons used to lease, most likely next year first quarter. You say retail is dead? I think location wise it's important it's not where Bigbox used to be. 

As for retail, F&B no need to say it's in every mall there. Like I said why BigBox failed is because of its redundancy. Whatever is there is already there. 

GPGT

1115522204_IKEAJEM.thumb.jpeg.6aa54d1702c074a7357c1a88ad84962a.jpeg

Big box pricing too ex, the concept is bad despite it has great location. I mean look at imm can prosper well despite location further from mrt. 

i thought ikea or decathlon should take over instead of office. Ikea at jem too small in my opinion

9 hours ago, Blueray said:

Ikea should just take Big Box and operate Ikea Restaurant. [scholar]

Maybe make some minor adjustment and build indoor themepark similar like lotte indoor or genting indoor theme park. Suitable for sg weather of super hot and rain in next moment

• Praise 2

On 12/5/2020 at 7:26 PM, Soya said:

The stuff they used to sell there was crap. And not cheap. Parking was bad. Only went once. I consider that once too often

I bought a single seater sofa bed, expensive and broken after 2 yrs, lousy product.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

10 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

I bought a single seater sofa bed, expensive and broken after 2 yrs, lousy product.

Your sofa bed is a proxy for big box....

• Haha! 1

On 12/5/2020 at 10:28 AM, Si4dr said:

Warehouse type retail but selling at normal price so no consumer interested to visit them

yeah,,, tat time went there to see milk powder... price are almost the same as ntuc... 

On 12/6/2020 at 9:29 AM, Rickster said:

Of course it's a company wide survey whereby everyone is made to do. 

The crowd at CBD is not like before. 2 of my ex companies that I worked for made partial WFH (alternate week) permanent. The real estate and utilities cost they can save is not a small amount to the business.

Yup, it cost my company $3000/monthly per cubicle in town.

No need to guess how much savings going WFH.

• Praise 1

On 12/5/2020 at 10:48 AM, Jamesc said:

Because its not logistic but retail and retail is dead.

It was doomed from the start.

Everyone buying online and they put their money betting big in retail.

2 things.. one is Singapore is landscare so the fact that you Chope it at that price could yield gain.

Two is if you look at Jem gateway as well as JCube n imm you would think there’s never enough of a good thing … but as we progress onwards , the consumer profile change..

then of course u have the HSR that never happened.. 

I can only imagine that only a pop up stall concept will work or maybe a way to have a different shopping concept experience.. what that is .. I don’t know..

only thing that consumers still prefer is having a great dining experience.. but that could change depending on situation again … 

Btw if I need to buy spare parts from Akira.. do u know if they still operating?

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

2 things.. one is Singapore is landscare so the fact that you Chope it at that price could yield gain.

Two is if you look at Jem gateway as well as JCube n imm you would think there’s never enough of a good thing … but as we progress onwards , the consumer profile change..

then of course u have the HSR that never happened.. 

I can only imagine that only a pop up stall concept will work or maybe a way to have a different shopping concept experience.. what that is .. I don’t know..

only thing that consumers still prefer is having a great dining experience.. but that could change depending on situation again … 

Btw if I need to buy spare parts from Akira.. do u know if they still operating?

Akira at Jurong East no more long ago. And i thought no more Akira in sg liao? But google point me to this https://myakira.com/