Jurong Big Box To Be Redeveloped Into Business Park, Expected Completion In Late-2021

kobayashiGT

The stuff they used to sell there was crap. And not cheap. Parking was bad. Only went once. I consider that once too often

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Soya said:

The stuff they used to sell there was crap. And not cheap. Parking was bad. Only went once. I consider that once too often

Parking at JEM, Westgate and Jcube sucks. Narrow carpark entrance and not enough parking lots. The only parking that's consider good there is IMM. LoL...

3 hours ago, Rickster said:

That was what i thought too, coz i personally prefer to work in office.

But a recently company wide survey yielded very different results, so partial WFH just became permanent and the company decided to let go one of their buildings. The rest of the properties will be converted to hot desking style.

I was in a WFH company way before COVID. In fact, my ex-boss only come to office once or twice in a week.

There are many job functions that will work from anywhere but because of COVID, it ended up at home.

When I got bored working from home, I sometimes pop over to a cafe and work from there, I have also work remotely in a library, coffee shop, hawker center before COVID.

Point is, people and businesses just have to take it seriously and they'll realize how much real estate space they can save.

COVID just created an environment where people are forced to embark work from anywhere.

Change management is never an easy job to start with.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Parking at JEM, Westgate and Jcube sucks. Narrow carpark entrance and not enough parking lots. The only parking that's consider good there is IMM. LoL...

I remember IMM parking also sucks on weekend, long queue going inside the carpark. Dont know about now since long long time no go there liao.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Rickster said:

That was what i thought too, coz i personally prefer to work in office.

But a recently company wide survey yielded very different results, so partial WFH just became permanent and the company decided to let go one of their buildings. The rest of the properties will be converted to hot desking style.

Dont know if this survey reflect the majority? Cause you see once govt allowed more people to go back office few months ago, you can see many people go back to office and esp now the cbd area become quite crowded liao.

10 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

I was in a WFH company way before COVID. In fact, my ex-boss only come to office once or twice in a week.

There are many job functions that will work from anywhere but because of COVID, it ended up at home.

When I got bored working from home, I sometimes pop over to a cafe and work from there, I have also work remotely in a library, coffee shop, hawker center before COVID.

Point is, people and businesses just have to take it seriously and they'll realize how much real estate space they can save.

COVID just created an environment where people are forced to embark work from anywhere.

Change management is never an easy job to start with.

I think whether a company allows their employees to wfh or not, all depends on the management. If the company have a group of old school thinking management staff, wfh would never happen, even wfh has become a norm. 

My good looking young ladies boutique spa.

:grin:

Some of my satisfied customers.

image.thumb.png.0041ba112d3ec48fe64cac93c40a60a9.png

image.png.a53455940a62db3bb87c0c63b7908bfd.png

image.png.00adbb71d4998c80cc6ac9e6b694e6d4.png

image.png.6a7fcd2cfe2da68330d7a9c1a1a8e8d9.png

image.png.a478f6a8aec0d68a0ada20b688410480.png

image.thumb.png.e0e5f576ded1b609a2cbab7769876142.png

9 hours ago, Blueray said:

any business where customers leave with a happy satisfied look on the face will succeed. [laugh]

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 1

9 hours ago, 13177 said:

I think whether a company allows their employees to wfh or not, all depends on the management. If the company have a group of old school thinking management staff, wfh would never happen, even wfh has become a norm. 

Agree.

If people cannot change and keep up with times, they'll just be behind; simple.

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Agree.

If people cannot change and keep up with times, they'll just be behind; simple.

I guess wfh or not would not be left behind lo, if the company still able to make profit, even they do not accept change in wfh culture doesnt affect much.

40 minutes ago, Naughty9795 said:

How nice if Ikea take over big box. Jem space is still small for Ikea.

since ikea here are mostly in ulu place, is the margin high enough to support an outlet in Jem? 

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, 13177 said:

Dont know if this survey reflect the majority? Cause you see once govt allowed more people to go back office few months ago, you can see many people go back to office and esp now the cbd area become quite crowded liao.

Of course it's a company wide survey whereby everyone is made to do. 

The crowd at CBD is not like before. 2 of my ex companies that I worked for made partial WFH (alternate week) permanent. The real estate and utilities cost they can save is not a small amount to the business.

• Praise 2

14 hours ago, Soya said:

I got support, bought a watermelon from the supermarket once.

first visit - FREE PARKING

second visit - FREE PARKING with $30 min spend

[;)]

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 2

46 minutes ago, Rickster said:

Of course it's a company wide survey whereby everyone is made to do. 

The crowd at CBD is not like before. 2 of my ex companies that I worked for made partial WFH (alternate week) permanent. The real estate and utilities cost they can save is not a small amount to the business.

Currently the crowds at cbd still havent resume back to pre covid due to still in phase 2. Lets see after we go into phase 3, will more companies resume back to work in office?!

I know some companies already ask their staff to come back office to work more days than wfh now. And some already plan to go back to normal everyday work in office during the phase 3.

Edited by 13177

1 hour ago, Blueray said:

I got support, bought a watermelon from the supermarket once.

first visit - FREE PARKING

second visit - FREE PARKING with $30 min spend

[;)]

Ahemm...u bought $30 worth of watermelons? Lol

• Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Soya said:

Ahemm...u bought $30 worth of watermelons? Lol

no lei, I was there to have toast, eggs and coffee at a quiet shop, did not notice the fine print on the parking. [;)]

Since before covid there was a brand new tall office building opposite big box. Empty for about a year except bottom few floors with f&b and then covid hit.  I guess the new owners buy first and think the crowd will come.

25 minutes ago, Blueray said:

no lei, I was there to have toast, eggs and coffee at a quiet shop, did not notice the fine print on the parking. [;)]

So you ended up paid more for the parking than your toast, eggs and coffee? Lol.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2