COE Bidding – December 2020

Carbon82

31 minutes ago, newbie_2020 said:

Then What is the point of signing contract? I don't think so ba if he fails to deliver it will tarnish his reputation 

NO worries. G sure delivered. The most they give you Open Cat.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

30 minutes ago, kumquat said:

If they intentionally hide clauses into fine print and make it difficult for the ordinary man to understand or notice then you can go complain to CASE when your 8 bid G is up and no COE. 

plus splash their name big big in MCF, newspaper and all the stir stir websites. Keep stirring until they kowtow to you. 

so for a few thousand dollars, no decent company would risk a black lash that would undo all their marketing

Haha that's my backup plans! 

26 minutes ago, Lotr8445r said:

yah. Covid time, many ppls will work/stay at home. If base on logic, the car price should go south. However, the result that shown is different in direction. No logic at all

Those who can afford reducing interaction with others in public transport will do so... Esp when it comes to children who don't know how to or refuse to wear masks...

6 minutes ago, newbie_2020 said:

That's really assuring and comforting to me. Thanks! 

Isn't heard directly from the horse mouth get more assurance? Why not just call to check with your PI by asking them will they give you an open cat on next last bid instead?

I wonder what happen to all those who walked way from CB deal and those kept shouting no top up. Are they still active here. 

the rich stay rich or get richer

the poor stay poor or get poorer

and the coe can only go higher

Edited by Ho2786

2 minutes ago, Lufu said:

I wonder what happen to all those who walked way from CB deal and those kept shouting no top up. Are they still active here. 

they walk or take mrt already.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

59 minutes ago, newbie_2020 said:

Then What is the point of signing contract? I don't think so ba if he fails to deliver it will tarnish his reputation 

I think if cannot deliver means cannot.  Tarnishing reputation is not as important as profits.  Cos you might not be the only car.  Plus lets say they bid higher.  It only means that the COE will go up because instead of let's say the lowest successful bid being $40k, it's now $41k.  And if the only at $40,999 doesn't want to tarnish reputation, he bids higher and now the lowest successful bid is $42000.  And you did not get the bid unless the AD tops up and so on.

That's the thing with the quota.  Regardless of what the AD/PI wants, as long as demand exceeds supply, someone will lose out.

2 hours ago, Ttl1976 said:

There is no best time, best price to buy.

The only correct time to buy is when u make up your mind.

Congrats

Like me.  I talk very long, plonk the cash,.get car within a month.

• Haha! 1

49 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I think if cannot deliver means cannot.  Tarnishing reputation is not as important as profits.  Cos you might not be the only car.  Plus lets say they bid higher.  It only means that the COE will go up because instead of let's say the lowest successful bid being $40k, it's now $41k.  And if the only at $40,999 doesn't want to tarnish reputation, he bids higher and now the lowest successful bid is $42000.  And you did not get the bid unless the AD tops up and so on.

That's the thing with the quota.  Regardless of what the AD/PI wants, as long as demand exceeds supply, someone will lose out.

Like me.  I talk very long, plonk the cash,.get car within a month.

Likewise, think think think...... then decided just buy, but since i indent with options, car coming feb/mar... will have to prepare 50k or more for coe... lol

1 hour ago, Lufu said:

I still around even the CB period never get and no top up. Anyway, I still have a car to drive.

On 12/8/2020 at 2:21 PM, andrewpks said:

wah, bro, this is good info. Where to buy the reduced price "new" second hand conti car ? 

Performance prime select is one regular shop who will do this. How many to be consider a lot is subjective. But they wont sell as new but as management car

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Lotr8445r said:

yah. Covid time, many ppls will work/stay at home. If base on logic, the car price should go south. However, the result that shown is different in direction. No logic at all

Some people actually say..CB and being locked in SG too long..For some..Too much money..No where to spend..So spend on car 😂

1 hour ago, Bry_2004 said:

Some people actually say..CB and being locked in SG too long..For some..Too much money..No where to spend..So spend on car 😂

Could be true, also due to CB people might want to drive than taking public transport?! Lol.

• Praise 1

People have short memory, COE price went up to near 100k during the drought period . We shall see next year  and beyond when COE quota gets further reduced, the top volume selling cars will be Mercedes, BMW and other premium brands, B&B cars will only get to stand aside and watch the game. The only silver lining is those 5 years COE cars that were renewed a few years ago will be in for COE  recycling to cushion  the COE shortage to some extent.

Edited by Ct3833

Worry your jobs first. I do not have a crystal ball. Unless, you have 200K cash in your bank account. The , you go and chong the COE 

• Praise 1

13 hours ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Heard some of them didn't get the COE so took the refund and invested it in tesla.

My wife was telling me, if I hadn’t bought a Toyota few months ago and used the money to buy Tesla stocks instead, I could have bought a Tesla with the profits today instead..... 😞

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3