COE Bidding – December 2020

Carbon82

14 hours ago, Athrin said:

Hi all,

When Performance Motors bid for COE on 23rd Dec, if they can secure d COE, usually how many days later will they register d car? 

& from d date of car registration, what is d acceptable number of days to collect car?

(as this is the year end super peak period, what is the max acceptable number of days to collect car from d date of registration?)

Thanks to all in advance

Depends on the PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) process. The ADs would have to bring the car out from their storage and do a set of checks on the vehicle. - Oil level, battery, electronics etc. The car also need to be cleaned. Usually there is a thick layer of wax to protect the paintwork during shipment and storage and this has to be cleaned and the car polished.  Next the optional/additional accessories will have to be car camera, solar film etc. So this will take some time. The dealer can shorten this time and take a risk to prep[are the car earlier if they are sure that the car will be sold (that is COE acquired) and delivered. The dealer will take into consideration the time to do the PDI and register the car after that. Collection will be 1 or 2 days after registration. In some cases, it can even be on the same day.

For end of the year collections,  it could be tricky. Some dealers will want to register the car before 31 Dec to reflect it in their books, but do not have sufficient time to prepare the car. In these cases, the collection date may be quite far from the registration date. Some dealers may put into their contract that the car must be registered within X days of successful bid. Note that this is for registration and not collection which the dealer will obviously want some flexibility.

↡ Advertisement

15 hours ago, Athrin said:

Hi all,

When Performance Motors bid for COE on 23rd Dec, if they can secure d COE, usually how many days later will they register d car? 

& from d date of car registration, what is d acceptable number of days to collect car?

(as this is the year end super peak period, what is the max acceptable number of days to collect car from d date of registration?)

Thanks to all in advance

You need to know its the eve of Christmas eve :D

its not merely the peak period but the number of public holidays so there might be delays.  Acceptable time I dunno but experience is that no matter how bad it is, usually you can get the car before the next COE bidding or just after.

For reference, i got the car on second bid of october andi collect the car on 9 Nov.

Not everybody's dealer is as GOOD as YOURS.

:grin:

23 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

You need to know its the eve of Christmas eve :D

its not merely the peak period but the number of public holidays so there might be delays.  Acceptable time I dunno but experience is that no matter how bad it is, usually you can get the car before the next COE bidding or just after.

For reference, i got the car on second bid of october and i collect the car on 9 Nov.

SE said delivery will be 10-14 days after the car reaches SG

no idea how long it takes to clear customs but I reckon it's a good estimate of how long it takes to prepare the car

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, newbie_2020 said:

I got worried and referred to my contract signed. Font is like size 4 so small how to read and I don't understand the meaning as a ordinary man. 

My this one is one of the top PI in Singapore. I hope he wont do things that will ruin his years of good reputation..

5 hours ago, wlalala said:

that's on the purchase agreement

TwTIZOP.png

this is from worms.

There is a separate agreement for COE bidding so I think it comes down to what is written there. Mine is non-g package so no idea if g package is the same.

4 hours ago, Lotr said:

Wah piang, cannot secure coe after 90 days still can have the cheek to charge $1k admin fee.

Yup that's the exact one I have. But they did secure the COE (even at a loss on paper) for me as it's G-COE.

So don't worry!

6 hours ago, wlalala said:

that's on the purchase agreement

TwTIZOP.png

this is from worms.

There is a separate agreement for COE bidding so I think it comes down to what is written there. Mine is non-g package so no idea if g package is the same.

Typically whom on earth will have the patient or able to interpret all the small little clauses that is written? Besides, there are so many document to sign off. I just sign by basing on trust with the SE. Initially, mine was non-G. In the mist of signing SE come back telling that he managed to get G for me. Few days later message me that they will like seek my consent to change to Open Cat instead. I don't even able to see the changes made in the contract. 1st bid and secured the coe

Edited by Lotr8445r
  • Praise 1

19 hours ago, Athrin said:

Hi all,

Thanks to all in advance

Good dealer will register your car at the same day of your car delivery....I experience this in Volvo, morning register 3 pm collection.

For CnC 3 times same pattern today register tomorrow collection. My current car registered 13/11/20 collection 14/11/20 10 am.....once registered the car depreciation clock started. So if registered then deliver 1 week later should screw the dealer...

Edited by Knighthunter

1 hour ago, Calvin8808 said:

Yup that's the exact one I have. But they did secure the COE (even at a loss on paper) for me as it's G-COE.

So don't worry!

yours is PI too like him?

7 hours ago, Lotr said:

Wah piang, cannot secure coe after 90 days still can have the cheek to charge $1k admin fee.

The vendor/AD will likely refund the full deposits to the buyer when they failed to secure the COE after 6-8bids.

The innocent buyer will of course take the cheque and take back their deposits.

And THATS THE PROBLEM with logic and legality.

In the eyes of law, when the buyer accepts the cheque and deposits it into buyer bank. it  effectively means that the buyer accepts that the deal is DONE and CLOSE.

There is very little recourse for the buyer to sue the vendor for non-delivery.

Ttell me which buyer will REJECT the refund $$$ and proceed to SUE the vendor for non-delivery?

Normal singaporeans would just accept the refunds.

Maybe only those rich and got plenty of time to play with  the vendor will reject the refund and insists on delivery of the 6-bids contract.

Touch your hearts lah. Would you reject the refund after 6 failed bids? Then engage a layer to sue the vendor?

Unless the AD/PI play punk, don't want to refund the deposits $$$, then no choice to engage lawyers to sue. Right? Else who got the extra money and time to drag the failed sales contract further untill court case.....right?

Edited by Jwee85
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

My PI informed me earlier today that the car is pending for LTA inspection and may take around 3-4 weeks before collection. Is this the norm? 

32 minutes ago, Kosl123 said:

My PI informed me earlier today that the car is pending for LTA inspection and may take around 3-4 weeks before collection. Is this the norm? 

This is normal. Parallel imported cars will need to undergo inspection and type approval. I was told the process takes between 2 to 6 weeks. Google “vitas, lta” or “homologation, lta” to find out what this is for and the process involved.  

Signed at PML today , SE said it's 6 bid NG on paper but will get, either bid for Cat b or give open cat depending on management, anw they have a clause in the sales agreement that car must be registered by end Dec so not too worried

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

You can't buy a BM

You always signal right?

image.png.66c0f162058727afccf330eb6621585b.png

5 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

Signed at PML today , SE said it's 6 bid NG on paper but will get, either bid for Cat b or give open cat depending on management, anw they have a clause in the sales agreement that car must be registered by end Dec so not too worried

• Haha! 4

6 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

Their profit margin is very high - can easily soak even if COE goes up by another $10k. Chasing sales target by end Dec but should still be behind MB again this year 

6 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

Luxury car all NG but you sure get your COE.

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

You can't buy a BM

You always signal right?

image.png.66c0f162058727afccf330eb6621585b.png

Eh I made sure the option box for signal stalk was ticked hor hahaha

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3