COE Bidding – December 2020

Carbon82

1 hour ago, yellowshaun said:

Good luck! I curious about the guy who is on his 8 G Bid for showroom car whether this time will tio or not...

yes, and he did say he will reveal the PI name from whom he bought the car ........eagerly waiting for his reveal 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
14 hours ago, awhtc said:

There is a projected reduction in COE quota from Feb to Apr 2021.  My take is a gradual upward pressure for COE prices.

COE supply to drop 11% for Feb-April: sgCarMart

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/transport/coe-supply-to-drop-11-for-feb-april-sgcarmart

the suspension of the COEs during the CB has distributed to all the months already? so fast

seems like there's enuf people in the segments of the economy that are doing well to keep demand, and hence prices, on an upward trajectory. will have a 1-2k uptick today i think. all the best tho to the vested!

52 minutes ago, bonjin said:

seems like there's enuf people in the segments of the economy that are doing well to keep demand, and hence prices, on an upward trajectory. will have a 1-2k uptick today i think. all the best tho to the vested!

this crisis hits the lower income hardest, while the white collar workers in the upper middle class are not touched or even prospered (IT, supermarket owners, finance, fintech, legal professions, etc), therefore car demand will remain high even though the lower segment of the society suffers greatly from the effects of the pandemic, most of them are not car owners in the first place........for the upper middle class, instead of spending on overseas holidays or local entertainment (night clubs and karaoke are closed, the surplus cash is spent on new set of wheels...... 

Since so many academic and economics angle to COE price trend has been shared, I’ll contribute my fair share of feng shui angle. At the writing of this post, the sky is gloomy and dark clouds overshadowing the ‘yin’ from the sun. By the first struck of lightning and the roar of the thunder on this land, COE price seems to be trending downwards. 

• Haha! 3

Eh can I check...I understand if dealer uses open cat E to reg the new car, my coe price will still be stated as Cat A price correct?

so if after today, dealer is going to give me Open Cat E but was from 3 months ago. The cat A price that will be put on my reg n record will it be base on today cat A price? Or is it the cat a price 3 Mths ago ? 

TIA

14 minutes ago, Vlsc said:

Eh can I check...I understand if dealer uses open cat E to reg the new car, my coe price will still be stated as Cat A price correct?

so if after today, dealer is going to give me Open Cat E but was from 3 months ago. The cat A price that will be put on my reg n record will it be base on today cat A price? Or is it the cat a price 3 Mths ago ? 

TIA

the price will still be CatE. however when you deregsiter, it will the lower of the Cat A and E(on the day of the bid) which taken to compute the dereg value

Edited by Mkl22

27 minutes ago, newbie_2020 said:

Its me! Hahahaha 

So are you revealing your PI regardless whether you get your COE?

Anyway, hope you get it, can't imagine myself waiting for 4 months, good luck