Show and tell, my 2020

SGMCF328

It is coming to the end of the year, and let me share my 2020 through a show and tell.

For me, I feel like I'm Andy Lau everyday, be it going to work, shopping or even just having a quick bite at eatery. I know it sounds ridiculous, but 🤪

62_9387529328781.jpg

fever_and_temperaturecheckspkg1120838379

And for the first time in my life, I have to ration my toilet paper and instant noodle, worst than my BMT days, because 😅

EQLYAWXUcAAvwOK.jpg

20200207_raj_supermarket5.jpg

The empty streets, shopping malls and train stations during circuit breaker period made me feel like I am in some remote cities under zombies attack! 😱

02_shenton_copy.jpg

ST_20200408_VNEMPTY1_5584257.jpg

20200528-SME-Singapore-Post-Circuit-Brea

How's your 2020?

Edited by SGMCF328
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 11
  • Haha! 9

Have one of the best years in terms of revenue and profit in 2020, but also worked the longest hours this year, averaging 70-80 hours per week.

Family-wise, still married and the house is still extremely noisy. Son did well in school exams but his behaviour is getting from bad to worse.

Health-wise, went for a MRI recently for a lump on my leg but thankfully it wasn't a cancer.

Hobby-wise, added another Nautilus and perpetual calendar. Waiting for a couple of desirable pieces.

Been looking for a new house. Hopefully somewhere in Katong and yet not excruciatingly expensive. 

Can't travel, can't ski, can't try new food or see new sights this year. However, no complaints as it is one of the better years for me.

Hope 2021 is even better for all of us.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 18
  • Shocked 1

Yah lah not travelling anywhere made the year go so fast and now I am a year older.

Next year must travel to make the year go slower so I don't grow older so fast.

:grin:

all the photo taken during day time where these places were quite crowded before, anyway the crowd is back now. The last cinema pic was in Oct.

20200320_175641_compress87.jpg

20200309_203831_compress63.jpg

20200309_193857_compress76.jpg

20200416_161238_compress4.jpg

20200904_073626_compress62.jpg

20200202_114603_compress72.jpg

20200326_174752_compress16.jpg

20200505_172538_compress99.jpg

20201027_121440_compress86.jpg

• Praise 8

2020 was sooo tiring. Must have been one of the most tiring years for me... 2008/2009 was hard for me, but different. 

This is a unique kind of hard.

For me personally was a year of big changes on family front (in laws company went IPO just before Covid) , the unique stresses of suddenly being in the public eye.

Followed by huge upheaval on the business front.  

On my job front, the stresses were hugely magnified, shaken by the market meltdown in Mar, and subsequent recovery which we are all very thankful for. The market turmoil that ensued resulted in trading opportunities which were not available for past 10 years, after quivering in fear in Mar, suddenly everything was rising, picking up speed through 2nd part of the year. So clients made money in general to differing degrees.

Then out of the blue, the bank saw fit to promote me in such a year(its great news)  but feels weird and strange still although it was really a few years coming.     

Then the lockdowns and the WFHs with screaming kids, the zoom meetings, the conference calls, the live streaming PT sessions, which eventually turned into "youtube exercise", the endless walks and the midnight drives just to get a breath of fresh air, the cooking of old recipes that my mum taught me while she was still alive, and the heavy drinking (one bottle of wine or sake every night, or a full 6 packs of beer) when kids are asleep just to get away from it all... I felt like i was going crazy.

The pressures of this year left me with insomnia. I am only just starting to unwind from this year's pressures, because i am on leave and amazingly starting to sleep at night without alcohol or sleeping pills.  

But throughout these times, i re-ordered my life's priorities, cut away negative people in my life and hugged my kids to stay sane. 

WHAT A BONKERS YEAR!    

• Praise 12

23 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

definitely more cooking, baking and online shopping [laugh]

Yah. Maybe I should dig out my pass and fail baking to post..

• Haha! 2

25 minutes ago, Tedlhw said:

2020 was sooo tiring. Must have been one of the most tiring years for me... 2008/2009 was hard for me, but different. 

This is a unique kind of hard.

For me personally was a year of big changes on family front (in laws company went IPO just before Covid) , the unique stresses of suddenly being in the public eye.

Followed by huge upheaval on the business front.  

On my job front, the stresses were hugely magnified, shaken by the market meltdown in Mar, and subsequent recovery which we are all very thankful for. The market turmoil that ensued resulted in trading opportunities which were not available for past 10 years, after quivering in fear in Mar, suddenly everything was rising, picking up speed through 2nd part of the year. So clients made money in general to differing degrees.

Then out of the blue, the bank saw fit to promote me in such a year(its great news)  but feels weird and strange still although it was really a few years coming.     

Then the lockdowns and the WFHs with screaming kids, the zoom meetings, the conference calls, the live streaming PT sessions, which eventually turned into "youtube exercise", the endless walks and the midnight drives just to get a breath of fresh air, the cooking of old recipes that my mum taught me while she was still alive, and the heavy drinking (one bottle of wine or sake every night, or a full 6 packs of beer) when kids are asleep just to get away from it all... I felt like i was going crazy.

The pressures of this year left me with insomnia. I am only just starting to unwind from this year's pressures, because i am on leave and amazingly starting to sleep at night without alcohol or sleeping pills.  

But throughout these times, i re-ordered my life's priorities, cut away negative people in my life and hugged my kids to stay sane. 

WHAT A BONKERS YEAR!    

must be very overwhelming but kind of expected, can feel you're at the edge of burn out.

soon it will be 雨过天晴 can see rainbow liao [laugh]

We are in Singapore, consider much fortunate than a lot of other ppl in the world. Look at M'sia, families cant see their sgp working mom or/and dad for many months. Who is going to put food on their table? And their awesome govt is busy fighting to be in power and couldnt care less about their own ppl who are suffering in silence.

As long as we are safe and together I am really grateful liao. Whether this year is wasted or not we learn something together. As long as we are not living in M'sia, the US or North Korea. Heng ah.

• Praise 7

16 minutes ago, Mason016 said:

Eat more [laugh]

bui bui liao. Can't go back to the weight i was before. about 2.5kg heavier. [laugh]

I not those kind must jiak everything organic, Only the purest food can go into my system type -_-

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 6

I spend a lot less on petrol 

20% a month pre-covid 

But I spend 200% more on wines 😂😂😂. 

Need to justify my increase consumption..... 

1) Think I help to recycle a lot of bottle glasses...... 

2) learnt to cook a few more dishes. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 8