Show and tell, my 2020

SGMCF328

2 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Started to cook and discovered I am way better than wify..... 😅

Did you told your wife you cook better 😂😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 6

53 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

bui bui liao. Can't go back to the weight i was before. about 2.5kg heavier. [laugh]

I not those kind must jiak everything organic, Only the purest food can go into my system type -_-

Your job no WFH leh....

I WFH since late Feb and will continue till  Jun 21. Really bui bui by 2 - 3 kg.

2 hours ago, badlammy said:

wasted a year of COE

And road tax! And insurance! And season parking! And depreciation! And on the negative side, you didn't get to enjoy the low gas prices! 😀

Edited by CremornePt

9 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Your job no WFH leh....

I WFH since late Feb and will continue till  Jun 21. Really bui bui by 2 - 3 kg.

Haha so much food to eat.

the year of going back school, ever since then, had a permanent headache which just wont go away inbound2687998940196430122.thumb.jpg.49ed70f18b3c1838811974dbd38d2517.jpg

inbound5107523220280313090.thumb.jpg.a0811f6c396a02ada5cecdcfc5239c87.jpg

my highlight for 2020

there's no turning back, once you turn blue🤣🤣

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 14

2 hours ago, Tohto said:

Did you told your wife you cook better 😂😁

No need to, she knows - she started to ask me to cook this and that, while I have never asked her to cook anything for as long as I remember....[laugh]

• Haha! 7

For us, WFH full time.. managed to sneaked in a road trip before everything was locked down. 

Couldn't fly back to SG for holiday

Worse part was being confined to within 5km of your residence for over 2mths..

But just glad that still have a job and slowly everything is returning to normal..

All I want for Christmas is to see family and friends again..

• Praise 6

The most memorable thing for me in 2020 was having an unique experience of assisting with the setup and management of a temporary worker dormitory. For those who thought the migrant workers were having a good time while not working, let me walk you through and you judge for yourself if that is really heaven on earth...

First of all, a typical room in the dorm look something like this, each worker have a bed, cabinet, pail, and basic toiletry items

xGeTKlY.jpg

Most of the time, the workers are confined to their level, so as to minimize cross infection, if there is any outbreak.

Z79snPm.jpg

They are expected to clean up their own room on daily basis (toilet and common area will be handled by cleaner). 

nMDNYLV.jpg

For smoker, there is only 2 - 3 designated smoking point for the whole dorm, which houses ~500 migrant workers, so strict control and enforcement was needed, just short of going by a time table. 

ptZ2Ms3.jpg

The worker has not much recreational activities (mostly playing board games in their own room), and sports are limited to badminton, as no large group gathering / gaming allowed

D1b2NSf.jpg

Food wise, this is their typical meal (photo shown the set for Bangladesh), with a lot of rice (the amount of rice is more than the dish)

RlQdPc1.jpg

Beside using wifi to surf the web, there are nothing else the migrant workers can do, while been ask to stay within the dorm for a couple of months. Would you be able to adapt to this type of prison-like lifestyle? I couldn't... I will share more when I have some time. 

• Praise 27

For me got 3 main events:

1) finally went through the OSA surgeries to improve my sleep apnea condition. Very painful but worth it as it is sort of reset for my physical issues. Now no longer feeling extreme tiredness just because I not able to take noon nap.

2) got my Steppie with many stars aligned. Cannot imagine able to have my own ridewith my background and able to get something that I really love in almost all aspects be it look, FC, power, functionality, roadtax, etc.

3) learnt to cook though binging on youtube videos, good enough for my family to make requests for some dishes. Before this April I was only able to cook bee hoon soup and scrambled eggs for myself, nothing more. The WHF period really provided the opportunity to experiment and cook many dishes, which I still do every weekend. In my opinion, in every family good to have 1 of the spouses to really able to cook as it brings the family together, grandparents excluded. Not good enough that you earn enough to be able to bring your family out for fanciful dinner every week. Being able to cook something that your family love is another level all together.

Of course there are other events but above are the 3 most significant so far. Good for all to share abit of your 2020 experience lah, instead of just bickering over ego haha.

• Praise 11

On 12/7/2020 at 8:14 PM, Lala81 said:

bui bui liao. Can't go back to the weight i was before. about 2.5kg heavier. [laugh]

I not those kind must jiak everything organic, Only the purest food can go into my system type -_-

Many people become bui bui in this year due to more time spend wfh and stay at home most of the time. And eat eat eat and eat. 🤣

On 12/7/2020 at 9:09 PM, Tohto said:

Your job no WFH leh....

I like your company on the way they handle covid. You continue wfh till Jun 21!? 👍 This is good.

2020 will go down in modern human history as a year to forget. What started off as another normal year, where everyone was hoping will be good/better, quickly took a nosedive.

Personally, i played host and organised a gathering on Day 1 of CNY for my relatives - first time doing it as previously it had for decades been at my eldest aunt's place. Following her passing 2 years ago, my cousin (that aunt's daughter) did that, and suggested that every family takes turn, so it started with me. No mean feat booking the function room and getting ready for ~100 pax... Turned out well, but news were trickling through of what began to sound like a serious epidemic reminiscent of SARS...

My father had been planning a trip to China in Apr, with about 15 of my cousins and families (from my late aunt), as they wanted my dad - who is familiar with China - to bring them back to their (father's, which meant my late uncle-in-law's) hometown to take a look. That trip was 6 mth in the making and my dad was so looking forward to it, but by Mar, it was clear that Covid was going to get worse, and the trip was in jeopardy. Soon it was lockdown, and it was really tough for my folks, esp my father - from a trip he was looking forward to, became whole days stuck in the house and can't even go downstairs...

In many ways, this year has been very cruel to many. It's obvious for those who lost their lives, and their families, as well as those who contracted it and survived.

But even for those who managed to escape it, the year could be wasted, esp for the elderly who do not have many (good) years left. In many countries, there were reports that many residents in nursing homes prefer to take the risk to die of the virus, then die of loneliness... Really pity these people.

Apart from this, the year has ended a 30-year wait for the team i support, to lift the English Premier League title. Cruelly, there was to be no winning parade because of the pandemic. Am still hoping there'll be some make-up celebrations, but if there is no vaccine/cure, then it must not be risked.

My constituency/GRC continues to be the country's hero, by a higher vote count to let WP retain the seats, and it was gratifying that more opposition got into parliament. hopefully that will really improve Singaporeans' lives, by keeping the govt on their toes.

The HK protests-turned-riots that has raged on from a year ago, was almost forgotten amidst the pandemic, and attention was turned to USA, which is finally suffering retribution for egging on the HK riots - when their own Black Lives Matter protests/riots started. I also begun to take note of US and their doings more, and is now really skeptical of that it - and its allies - have been doing in the last few decades. After being human kind's saviour to end WW2, USA has become obsessed with power, and has been messing up other countries so that it can remain as the de facto big brother. Karma time.

We have also seen the global champion clown Donald the Duck Trump, at his worst this year. The master of Fake News - something we learnt lots more of this year - is still refusing to concede defeat and is trying to start a civil war in his country.

Glad to still have a job now, and hope that a safe vaccine/cure can be found quickly so that the world can take the first steps to return to normalcy.

Things are slowly improving, but don't let the guards down - just look at the breaking news of the Royal Caribbean cruise having a confirmed case... 😓

Stay Safe and healthy!

• Praise 12

12 hours ago, Heartlander said:

3) learnt to cook though binging on youtube videos, good enough for my family to make requests for some dishes. Before this April I was only able to cook bee hoon soup and scrambled eggs for myself, nothing more. The WHF period really provided the opportunity to experiment and cook many dishes, which I still do every weekend. In my opinion, in every family good to have 1 of the spouses to really able to cook as it brings the family together, grandparents excluded. Not good enough that you earn enough to be able to bring your family out for fanciful dinner every week. Being able to cook something that your family love is another level all together.

Yup that's the satisfaction of being a home cook. Cos it is time consuming especially the more people u have to cook for. No matter what time efficient recipes, kitchen hacks, experience can do. No substitute for time.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 4

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

I like your company on the way they handle covid. You continue wfh till Jun 21!? 👍 This is good.

Yes. 

But getting very sian if at home don't know what to eat during lunch time. 

• Haha! 4

From the replies in this thread, it is nice to know that many member here are doing well in this crazy year. 

Looking forward to a brand new and better year. Wish all of you have a wonderful 2021!! [:)]

• Praise 12

9 hours ago, Tohto said:

Yes. 

But getting very sian if at home don't know what to eat during lunch time. 

Even work in office, during every lunch time sometime also dont know what to eat lo. 😂

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, SGMCF328 said:

From the replies in this thread, it is nice to know that many member here are doing well in this crazy year. 

Looking forward to a brand new and better year. Wish all of you have a wonderful 2021!! [:)]

During in this crazy year, the most important thing is to stay heathy and knowing how to manage stress well, since it is quite a stressful year for many people.

• Praise 3