Clementi forest

Ysc3

On 12/8/2020 at 12:01 PM, Ysc3 said:

Did not expect to still have this here. 

Nice! the forest look very dense. U are using drone to video record I suppose.

Is there tiger or lion hiding inside somewhere? 😨

too dense with vast vegetation, worse than reservist training, in turn the trekker are invading into forestry destroying those nice habitat cum nature environment, destroying lush greenery, don't think it ideal to walk let alone trek, there may be hidden ponds or swampy area unclear or debris and hilly upland, quite nice, I'm sure there are signage parameters informing public whether it is open to public or not.

2 hours ago, Giordanogavin said:

Nice! the forest look very dense. U are using drone to video record I suppose.

Is there tiger or lion hiding inside somewhere? 😨

Not me lah ...I not so hi tech ... Found the story on the internet... Just sharing.

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, kohzcm said:

I saw there were cars which drove in to clementi forest for photo taking. Is it possible? 

Got road lead into clementi forest?

9 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Arbaden? 

Forest land no $. Housing land $$$$$$.!

Looks like they are more interested in clearing all those forest area and build housing there, and rather than enbloc old hdb flats and rebuild new housing. Lol. No wonder no more or not much hdb enbloc project going on anymore, since there are many forest land available for them to build?!

On 1/5/2021 at 8:30 PM, 13177 said:

Even clementi forest also want to develop into housing! 😓

Bukit batok forest already did lol

Supercharged
On 1/5/2021 at 8:30 PM, 13177 said:

Even clementi forest also want to develop into housing! 😓

Chenhgu should take the development plan for Clementi Forest and plonk it into the planned HSR sites. 

1 hour ago, Genes said:

Bukit batok forest already did lol

Bukit batok, yishun, sembawang forest already cleared for housing. The coming is ulu pandan forest and future clementi forest.

I went last month and its nice. Go explore while you can. The right place to enter is 'behind the bus stop opposite Maju Camp'. After going down the slope, if you head left you will go into clementi forest and then to the green corridor and if you head right you will see the abandoned train tunnel and the remnants of the train track. Please bring a pole or stick, you will need it!

Sometimes you wonder why suddenly so many wild animals come to urban areas. Animals like Hornbill, Snakes, etc.

Because the govt keep clearing forests which are their natural habitat to build bloody blocks and blocks of HDB, condos. For what? Obviously for the huge influx of people. 

Recently also went to Bukit Batok Hillside Park.

Can join Singapore Hikers On Facebook, got chiobu too. 😍

5151498E-0FDE-4A51-A7AA-643F63FFEE83.jpeg

675249F5-CDE8-4680-8308-7F95FC4BC965.jpeg

05093110-C386-4165-BDEF-D2C7EFB03CED.jpeg

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 2

On 1/5/2021 at 6:16 PM, inlinesix said:

Clementi Forest to remain zoned for housing, but no ‘immediate need’ to develop site: Desmond Lee
https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/petition-conserve-clementi-forest-site-remains-earmarked-housing-needs

Read online and there is like public outcry for those who love nature, even wp come out and voice concern. 

This led me to the lornie Road nature reserve area. Remember quite sometime back when government want to built the lornie that cut though the nature reserve and then there is public outcry and then end up this project gets delayed? After delayed a few years because of public outcry, the lornie Road highway continue to be constructed and then completed. And now look at the new lornie highway.

Also specifically is there anyone complaining about that lornie highway that cut through the nature reserve now? No right? In fact a lot of drivers are super relieve to have this highway as it ease traffic congestion. 

So my thinking is that these public outcry should be just temporary. Once the area had been built up and when people see how that estate benefit them in other ways, people will soon forget about it. 

Edited by Yewheng
↡ Advertisement