Cruise to nowhere quarantined and returning to SG

zipping

50 minutes ago, Si4dr said:

Problem is who can confirm the 83yo is the spreader?

Maybe he is weaker so show symptoms earlier. 

The "host" maybe another person............😨

Anyone who has covid is confirmed to be  a spreader  😀

↡ Advertisement

You guys are.. Must have trust in what government is doing. Don't think government is that stupid, I believe government maybe have planned for this type of situation to happen and are very satisfied with the ship air circulation system in place of coz plus many things la. If not government would not had allowed these people onboard crush ship to go back home and do as their usual business and then go back test for covid-19 in 2 weeks later. 

Trust is very important, without trust, it is very difficult for government to do things and progress as a nation. 

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

8 hours ago, Stooky said:

Those not in close contact with the confirmed case will be allowed to disembark and take a rapid antigen test.  They can continue with their "usual activities" such as going to work.

If leaked into community, how?

https://mothership.sg/2020/12/royal-caribbean-passengers-leave-ship/

From some earlier documentaries, I recall some of our pioneer cases caught the virus from using the common furniture,  afew hours apart.

How could they ensure the tightness of "not in close contact"?  The ventilation in  cruise ship is worrying.

How could they let them go back to work without 14 SHN???  

The arrangement reminds me of "No need to wear mask if your are not sick".

• Praise 3

15 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

You guys are.. Must have trust in what government is doing. Don't think government is that stupid, I believe government maybe have planned for this type of situation to happen and are very satisfied with the ship air circulation system in place of coz plus many things la. If not government would not had allowed these people onboard crush ship to go back home and do as their usual business and then go back test for covid-19 in 2 weeks later. 

Trust is very important, without trust, it is very difficult for government to do things and progress as a nation. 

gahmen is pressured to open business asap. CCS says it is "not unexpected" , so they better have a plan to contain this.

As individuals with families, we should all have a better sense what to do or not, and not simply have blind faith in the gahmen.

• Praise 3

12 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

From some earlier documentaries, I recall some of our pioneer cases caught the virus from using the common furniture,  afew hours apart.

How could they ensure the tightness of "not in close contact"?  The ventilation in  cruise ship is worrying.

How could they let them go back to work without 14 SHN???  

The arrangement reminds me of "No need to wear mask if your are not sick".

This time round its more like risk management. They know the risk, but if can't take any risk = not doing anything like ccs said. Like that also no good, everyone will die of hunger instead of die of covid-19. So how to manage the risk is very important. 

2 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

gahmen is pressured to open business asap. CCS says it is "not unexpected" , so they better have a plan to contain this.

As individuals with families, we should all have a better sense what to do or not, and not simply have blind faith in the gahmen.

You say like easy hor. Later all you guys wish come true and then start seeing more and more people lose their jobs, more and more business close down.. By then it is we die of hunger not because of virus. 

10 hours ago, Kyrios said:

The costs needed to rectify this issue will outweigh whatever 'economic' benefits purportedly 'earned'.  Luckily I never signed up for dunno what HongKong bubble or cruise to knowhere...because at the end...it may just cause more inconvenience to myself and my family...

Correct, not worth to book any leisure travelling now, no matter cruise or flight. Should stay put in sg, dont think one will die without going to holidays for 1-3 years lo. 🙄

You see they are trying to open up leisure holiday and ended up bubble burst and now cruise also sink liao. 😓

• Haha! 1

31 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

You say like easy hor. Later all you guys wish come true and then start seeing more and more people lose their jobs, more and more business close down.. By then it is we die of hunger not because of virus. 

The costs to deal with a new cluster will clearly negate whatever meagre economic benefits are reaped. A simple cost benefit analysis will show that this route is not feasible. Is like penny wise but pound foolish.  With this new episode, im quite sure a team of weary, tired MOH officials will be activated again to track these bunch of disembarked people. More costs expended. 

入不敷出, 亏本生意

Edited by Kyrios
  • Sad 1

The 83 year old man's original sample has been retested at NPHL and and has come back negative for COVID-19 infection. A second fresh sample tested by NPHL has also come back negative. NPHL will conduct another test tomorrow to confirm his COVID-19 status.

In the meantime, all the identified close contacts of the case have been isolated as a precautionary measure. As part of the routine post-arrival protocols, all passengers will undergo mandatory COVID-19 testing before they are allowed to leave the terminal at Marina Bay Cruise Centre.

https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/no-new-cases-of-locally-transmitted-covid-19-infection-9decfullpr

Edited by Yamapi
  • Shocked 1

https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/no-new-cases-of-locally-transmitted-covid-19-infection-9decfullpr

Possibly a false positive...

An 83 year-old male Singaporean on board Royal Caribbean International’s Quantum of the Seas tested positive for COVID-19 infection this morning, and was immediately isolated. He had reported to the medical centre with diarrhoea, and as part of the protocols was tested for COVID-19 using the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test equipment on board the ship. His original sample has since been re-tested at the National Public Health Laboratory (NPHL), and has come back negative for COVID-19 infection. A second fresh sample tested by NPHL has also come back negative. NPHL will conduct another test tomorrow to confirm his COVID-19 status.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Fcw75 said:

The other passengers must be like knn....waste 1 day. 🤣

waste 1 day is small case

all the hoo haa and anxiety is [confused] 

• Praise 2

34 minutes ago, Yamapi said:

The 83 year old man's original sample has been retested at NPHL and and has come back negative for COVID-19 infection. A second fresh sample tested by NPHL has also come back negative. NPHL will conduct another test tomorrow to confirm his COVID-19 status.

In the meantime, all the identified close contacts of the case have been isolated as a precautionary measure. As part of the routine post-arrival protocols, all passengers will undergo mandatory COVID-19 testing before they are allowed to leave the terminal at Marina Bay Cruise Centre.

Well unlikely that NPHL's machine is wrong so must be the cruise ship's equipment is overly sensitive ... someone is going to be royally (no pun intended) screwed for the anxieties caused and the damage to reputation and industry is immeasurable. 

Laymen speaking here.

Even those hand held thermometer also can get it wrong.

On many occasions my temp in the office can fluctuate between 38.5 to 36.5 in the span of 5 minutes. Probably MIC product. Hahaha

32 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Laymen speaking here.

Even those hand held thermometer also can get it wrong.

On many occasions my temp in the office can fluctuate between 38.5 to 36.5 in the span of 5 minutes. Probably MIC product. Hahaha

I think all thermometer on market are made in china even if branded one too