2022 Subaru WRX STI To 'Push The Performance And Technological Boundaries'

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Stratovarius said:

Its funny they saying all the upshift and downshift when it's actually still a CVT. 

lineartronic® cvt okay. hahaha. Not any CVT.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

interested as in looks or performance? looks will be similar with a spoiler and wider arches at the front like the outgoing model. Performance will likely be in the 350hp region. 40-60 rear biased awd and all the sti goodies. My guess. lol.

I am hoping it will be on the same engine family like Levorg.  CB20 with 300hp

Don't like the rear door window design because it looks like the previous Altis theme or too Lexuish. Just makes the car looks weak. Somehow, this new model doesn't have the "fierce" factor to it. The first generation WRX, with just the skirts, hood scoop, bumper openings and huge fog lamps are just great enough to eludes the "fierce" factor. As for the wheel claddings, I thought they will look more in place in the new Levorg.

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, inlinesix said:

I am hoping it will be on the same engine family like Levorg.  CB20 with 300hp

I think unlikely. Subaru i is trying to separate the levorg from the sti. Fa24 is still more likely. Given that the stock block can reach 500 bhp easily, I think it's more likely that they will put it in their flagship sti model.

Unless they have a top secret cb25 project which no one is aware off. 😂 

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Heartbreakid said:

Don't like the rear door window design because it looks like the previous Altis theme or too Lexuish. Just makes the car looks weak. Somehow, this new model doesn't have the "fierce" factor to it. The first generation WRX, with just the skirts, hood scoop, bumper openings and huge fog lamps are just great enough to eludes the "fierce" factor. As for the wheel claddings, I thought they will look more in place in the new Levorg.

yeah a sedan with those SUV wheel claddings, not here nor there. Spray it the same colour as the body slightly better, but still why??

Edited by Xers007