Staycation, Grand Park Orchard Hotel overbooked?

VteckiCk

If you want to use your rediscover singapore vouchers for hotel staycations think twice. Queued for 2 hours still not our turn to checkin. 🥵
[Update] - It’s been 4 hours

I’m near to the counter and just heard that the floor staffs have no clue if there are still rooms for us. Probably more than 70 people here queuing. Many kids and old people. No safe distancing measures, nobody coming out to do crowd control. Even when we ask people queuing behind us to distance away after a few mins they start to come near again.. we can’t even get our refunds or cancel without reaching the counter. What the hell is happening ? Grand Park Orchard

P/S : I also heard about similar problems with Orchard Hotel. Are the hotels overbooked? What’s happening can we have some explanation please. At this point of time I am just so exhausted I just want to either get a refund immediately or let me check in. 🥲

[UPDATE 2]

Their GM came out to Address the issue, say can’t promise what time they can get us a room, offered to give refund or give us another free stay another day or just wait at the 5 hour mark. We were at the counter a staff put us on waiting and currently until now there’s still no calls from them means no room lo.

-----

Came across this fb post. I've one staycay at another hotel booked for December about almost two months ago in advance without using the vouchers. Hope won't encounter the same problem!! 

FB_IMG_1607800369009.jpg

FB_IMG_1607800371282.jpg

FB_IMG_1607800373594.jpg

FB_IMG_1607800375893.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Shocked 3
  • Haha! 1

Diu nah seng lah singaporeans. 

See lar. Book staycay lah.

Knn. Tell u all book other things dun want. Ccb want help hotel. Gian staycation.

Kns

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

5 hours ago, VteckiCk said:

If you want to use your rediscover singapore vouchers for hotel staycations think twice. Queued for 2 hours still not our turn to checkin. 🥵
[Update] - It’s been 4 hours

I’m near to the counter and just heard that the floor staffs have no clue if there are still rooms for us. Probably more than 70 people here queuing. Many kids and old people. No safe distancing measures, nobody coming out to do crowd control. Even when we ask people queuing behind us to distance away after a few mins they start to come near again.. we can’t even get our refunds or cancel without reaching the counter. What the hell is happening ? Grand Park Orchard

P/S : I also heard about similar problems with Orchard Hotel. Are the hotels overbooked? What’s happening can we have some explanation please. At this point of time I am just so exhausted I just want to either get a refund immediately or let me check in. 🥲

[UPDATE 2]

Their GM came out to Address the issue, say can’t promise what time they can get us a room, offered to give refund or give us another free stay another day or just wait at the 5 hour mark. We were at the counter a staff put us on waiting and currently until now there’s still no calls from them means no room lo.

-----

Came across this fb post. I've one staycay at another hotel booked for December about almost two months ago in advance without using the vouchers. Hope won't encounter the same problem!! 

FB_IMG_1607800369009.jpg

FB_IMG_1607800371282.jpg

FB_IMG_1607800373594.jpg

FB_IMG_1607800375893.jpg

Thanks for sharing, so crowded, how to enjoy the facilities ?  Wishing you a enjoyable staycation.

Not surprised.  That's not planning for any staycation this Dec.

Not only here, even Taiwan are same.  when I watch from YouTube,  good minsu are all fully book by local as they cannot travel out.

• Praise 2

I always stay away from crowded places, whether free or complimentary staycation, i will avoid crowded places, whatever Sillyporeans visit places of interest, it was likely G initiative to spur the tourism and hotel industry, pretty sure STB has a part to play, by looking at such long Q with or w/o safe distancing, we are a waiting time -bomb to explode if anyone of these citizens get caught the bug then the named hotel is done with . . . . 

My sharing has nothing to cause anxiety nor anger, lesson are l;earn through mistakes made and it is a learning curl in our small Nation that citizens need to learn the HARD FACT of LIFE, I vista the Park, Nature Reserve and Quiet Remote of places ppl don't want to visit, I'd do the opposite. ( Hotel stay, Cruise ship, Flying overseas are a NO NO for me now ) Be Happy[laugh]

Entitled Singaporeans:

Die die must queue

Die die must spend the vouchers

Die die must staycation

Maybe I not Singaporean that's why if I see a queue that long I will already turn around and go home. No need talk so much. If the lobby already so clusterphuq how about the rest of the hotel and facilities? 

Worse than the cruise ship bunch la. 

Get COVID19 orbigood. 

• Praise 2

Think it’s also a matter of the policy decision makers not knowing situation on ground and behaviour of Singaporean’s in general. They think things can be controlled by rules, safe distancing ambassador police enforcement etc. So open this open that and assume people will follow what safe management rules all will be good. Reality is beyond a certain threshold crowds will be very difficult to control. And Singaporeans (generalising) cannot be relied on to think and behave rationally.

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, Spurman said:

Diu nah seng lah singaporeans. 

See lar. Book staycay lah.

Knn. Tell u all book other things dun want. Ccb want help hotel. Gian staycation.

Kns

Luckily I staycay at home :grin:

• Praise 1

Heng...I actually went for my staycation at Mandarin Orchard before the SR redemption started. Checkin then was already a good 30mins, as I can tell the number of servcie staff shrank significantly. But booking of facilities rather fuss free and usually able to enjoy whole gym/ pool to ourselves. Cannot imagine the situation now.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1