COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

31 minutes ago, Beregond said:

not for office type. mostly still alt days i think

In phase 2 confirmed many office type still alt between office and wfh, cause MOM says so. Thats why there are still companies dare not ask their employees to go back office everyday yet.

But come phase 3, i would say majority companies would stop wfh practice liao since i heard many people are waiting for phase 3 to come, so that they can go back to office everyday.

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Beanoyip said:

If cannot WFH, and zero community cases, why is mask still mandatory?

Maybe they scare to make the wrong decision again for asking people not to wear mask. And it is clearly show that mask is a safe precaution measure to prevent virus transmission. 

5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

In phase 2 confirmed many office type still alt between office and wfh, cause MOM says so. Thats why there are still companies dare not ask their employees to go back office everyday yet.

But come phase 3, i would say majority companies would stop wfh practice liao since i heard many people are waiting for phase 3 to come, so that they can go back to office everyday.

ya many of my office work friends 1 week at most go office 2 days, infact many still fully wfh.

if now bro Kaivenvan feel abit pack.

p3 will be the real pack 😀

Edited by Beregond

2 minutes ago, Beregond said:

ya many of my office work friends 1 week at most go office 2 days, infact many still fully wfh.

if now bro Kaivenvan feel abit pack.

p3 will be the real pack 😀

Phase 3 confirmed pack, since i believe majority people would go back to office liao.

You see when govt announced to allow more people to go back to office that time, the street and cbd area suddenly can see many many people. Lol.

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If we have already proven that we can work effectively from home, why do we need to go and sit in the office for 8 hours or more a day??

Perhaps we need to go back from time to time for meetings (which we have proven can be done online also) or some issues that need presence. Other than that, once business is done, then go back home (or wherever else, [laugh] this is what most employers scared cannot control).

Now I know the lifestyle of those ang moh who at weekday 5pm already see them picnicking by the lake at botanic gardens!

By the way, I hope it crosses the minds of people that despite the official announcements, in terms of tangible facts, NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, has changed from 28 December onwards. Nobody will start receiving vaccine from 28 onwards; it is not expected till mid next year.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 3

10 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

If we have already proven that we can work effectively from home, why do we need to go and sit in the office for 8 hours or more a day??

Perhaps we need to go back from time to time for meetings (which we have proven can be done online also) or some issues that need presence. Other than that, once business is done, then go back home (or wherever else, [laugh] this is what most employers scared cannot control).

Now I know the lifestyle of those ang moh who at weekday 5pm already see them picnicking by the lake at botanic gardens!

By the way, I hope it crosses the minds of people that despite the official announcements, in terms of tangible facts, NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, has changed from 28 December onwards. Nobody will start receiving vaccine from 28 onwards; it is not expected till mid next year.

Even it is proven that wfh can also be effectively for some, but mindset difficult to change, esp we do not have ang moh mindset.

Since before covid, all of us have been working in the office for dont know for how many centuries. So such work practise would just continue, no one would want to change anything permanently. Wfh is just a temporary kind of practice, given that no choice but to do it.

Also i heard many people if given a choice, they still prefer to work in office than wfh la. Since office have colleagues to gossip, free aircon, free internet etc. Wfh is so boring and even more stressful for some people. 😂

Supercharged

There're no change to official Covid related SOP in offices like wearing of mask, distance between seats, temperature recording, split ops(i.e. Half of team A in building 1, the other half in building 2),..etc. Don't know about you people, but my office has removed some desks to comply with regulatory distancing. As a result, quite a number of seats are no longer there. I returned to office in June to clear my barang-barang. Technically, I no longer have a desk in office. [thumbsup]

I also heard some companies are reducing their office space lease foot print since Covid. Many are moving into a new work paradigm.

Edited by Didu
  • Praise 1

1 minute ago, Didu said:

There're no change to official Covid related SOP in offices like wearing of mask, distance between seats, temperature recording,..etc. Don't know about you people, but my office has removed some desks to comply with regulatory distancing. As a result, quite a number of seats are no longer there. I returned to office in June to clear my barang-barang. Technically, I no longer have a desk in office. [thumbsup]

This is dangerous also, maybe one day company might also find no need your service anymore. 😅

• Haha! 1

15 minutes ago, 13177 said:

This is dangerous also, maybe one day company might also find no need your service anymore. 😅

It is not dangerous unless one is not adding value to the Company

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

It is not dangerous unless one is not adding value to the Company

Added value or not, company might still say cut cost and reduce the headcount one fine day. 

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

Added value or not, company might still say cut cost and reduce the headcount one fine day. 

If you worry about that, you will have sleepless night.

That’s the reality in Singapore 

• Haha! 1

30 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

No need worry, it happen it will happened. 😂

9 hours ago, Didu said:

There're no change to official Covid related SOP in offices like wearing of mask, distance between seats, temperature recording, split ops(i.e. Half of team A in building 1, the other half in building 2),..etc. Don't know about you people, but my office has removed some desks to comply with regulatory distancing. As a result, quite a number of seats are no longer there. I returned to office in June to clear my barang-barang. Technically, I no longer have a desk in office. [thumbsup]

I also heard some companies are reducing their office space lease foot print since Covid. Many are moving into a new work paradigm.

Yes, some jobs are permanently WFH and I fear for those jobs.  Got to make sure it can't be offshored.

After WFH for months, I prefer to return to office. People are easier to manage face to face. 

• Praise 3

20 hours ago, inlinesix said:

The reality is people are very scared of government keep adding more and more regulations. Especially businesses. So that is one big thing that we are scared of. Although there are many people say we want more regulations and etc.. These people usually are not the one doing business, they are employees and thus not able to see the impact. Wait till they become their own boss, then their mind will open up. 

Edited by Yewheng
↡ Advertisement