COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

Supercharged
20 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

Travel to US during 12-16 Dec but why only test on 23 Dec after return? Got 7 days gap or I'm reading wrong?

It's says result on 23rd, not test on 23rd. The test date for the 23rd result never say.

11 hours ago, Christan said:

Seems 1 Swiss person had died after getting vaccination ☹️. IF true, gonna freak more people from getting the jab

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/covid-19-vaccine-pfizer-swiss-dies-coronavirus-13866818

It's 91 yrs old.. 

There's a big difference between say if this person is a young person vs this person is very old. What is more complicated is that whether this elderly have any allergy that she knew or did not even realised she had certain kind of allergy, any health problems like high blood pressure, diabetes and etc. As we know, this vaccine do have effects on very small number of people with severe allergic reactions. Because she is so old, actually no need very severe allergic reactions, just need a minor one, it can easily cause many issue due to the super old age. 

We need to look at data of the number of cases of death, in ICU relative to their age group, whether they have any allergy, whether is it mild allergy or whether is it severe allergy, any health issues vs the number of people vaccinated who is very well with only say a few days of muscle ache, fever and etc. This will give a clearer picture of what is happening. Like for this elderly lady case vs how many elderly people are already vaccinated? This will give a better representation whether it is safe for elderly people or not.

Edited by Yewheng

18 hours ago, Beregond said:

wow 27 case today ,

1 local.....

As long as the 27 case can be identified from which country and a curb is in place from here on wards , the economy should be able to resume to the intended path for ph3. 

else it’s going to be a interesting 2 to 3 billion dollars exercise again to take from the piggy bank.

• Praise 1

13 hours ago, Christan said:

Seems 1 Swiss person had died after getting vaccination ☹️. IF true, gonna freak more people from getting the jab

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/covid-19-vaccine-pfizer-swiss-dies-coronavirus-13866818

I said before, vaccine should be prioritized for the young and not the old. The old has lived a long and fruitful life, the vaccine may just be the final push over the edge, when they could have live a few more years peacefully. Well, that's just my opinion. [:p]

• Praise 3

23 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

I am worried that if the new variant do not have adequate measures, the infection rate at the dom might spike again and all of us will be doom in a economic lock down again

Somehow I have a bad feeling about this...numbers are creeping up....

Complacency and open leggedness....two factors which I worry...….

The interministry task force thinks they have the system to contain and track incoming virus attacks..but….

life-finds-a-way-jeff-goldblum-as-dr-ian-malcolm.gif

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 1

What's the point of going cruise if you don't post online to haolian?

A group of more than 10 men and women had gathered to take photos on Dec 20 and 21 while they were on the ship.

In the photos which some of them posted on their public Instagram accounts, members of the group are unmasked and standing less than 1m apart from one another. 

STB probing possible breach of Covid-19 rules by group onboard Royal Caribbean cruise 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/consumer/stb-probing-alleged-covid-19-breach-onboard-royal-caribbean-cruise

nz_insta2_311247.jpg?itok=6MBW6D9B%C3%97

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

18 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

A group of more than 10 men and women had gathered to take photos on Dec 20 and 21 while they were on the ship.

In the photos which some of them posted on their public Instagram accounts, members of the group are unmasked and standing less than 1m apart from one another. 

STB probing possible breach of Covid-19 rules by group onboard Royal Caribbean cruise 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/consumer/stb-probing-alleged-covid-19-breach-onboard-royal-caribbean-cruise

Cant they say they make new friends onboard?🤣

1 hour ago, Kyrios said:

Somehow I have a bad feeling about this...numbers are creeping up....

Complacency ...

I went to changi village hawker centre to tapow yesterday around 3pm ....

The crowd there was even more than a pre-covid weekday! 

Edited by Ysc3
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

As long as the 27 case can be identified from which country and a curb is in place from here on wards , the economy should be able to resume to the intended path for ph3. 

else it’s going to be a interesting 2 to 3 billion dollars exercise again to take from the piggy bank.

By tonight, we could be looking at 350 import cases for December 2020.

Ever since post CB, import cases are below 200 (except August: 204).

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Jellandross said:

Mentioned before somewhere else, this kind of people should be penalized extra just for stupidity alone. Our mediacorpse celebs also.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Kb27 said:

I said before, vaccine should be prioritized for the young and not the old. The old has lived a long and fruitful life, the vaccine may just be the final push over the edge, when they could have live a few more years peacefully. Well, that's just my opinion. [:p]

So far 1 person died (it is not verified it is due to Covid vaccination, oldies can die of thousand and one reasons) and a dozen had reported severe allergy reaction, out of 5.4 millions being vaccinated worldwide so far. 200k a day in the US alone. 

Everyday, an average of 3,500-4,000 Americans, mostly old folks, died of Covid.  The maths for the oldies are pretty clear. 

If your logic holds, then we should not treat anyone above 70s for any medical illness coz every procedure and meds (even paracetamol) administered has risk.

A lot of oldies are scared, like my MIL, won't even entertain a minor procedure with a 0.001% risk, she rather lives with the pain and her known fear everyday.

We all have concerns on the safety of the vaccines but by the time it gets to me, i think the unknown unknowns would be a lot less, hopefully. 

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Kb27 said:

that's like robbers telling police, come catch me.

11 x $3000 = $33k for the coffer liow! 

↡ Advertisement