COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

The death toll for the world crossed 2m recently but I think the number should be much higher because countries like India, Russia, Indonesia, China, etc, have under-reported their cases and death figures. I won't be surprised even if the actual number is closer to 10m globally. 

↡ Advertisement

2 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

The death toll for the world crossed 2m recently

Allegedly the spanish flu killed about 3% of the global population in 1918-1920.

3% of 2020 world population equivalent of 230m, so I guess we're doing better this time around.

Sobering numbers nonetheless. 🙁

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Tohto said:

All travellers, including Singaporeans, to take COVID-19 test upon arrival in Singapore

So for UK & South Africa arrivals, there'll be a total of 3 PCR tests...

1) On arrival, 2) at 10-11th day of SHN, and 3) at the end of 21 day SHN (last 7 days SHN can be at own residence)

(4 total if you choose to take a pre departure test)

Yikes!

6 minutes ago, CremornePt said:

So for UK & South Africa arrivals, there'll be a total of 3 PCR tests...

1) On arrival, 2) at 10-11th day of SHN, and 3) at the end of 21 day SHN (last 7 days SHN can be at own residence)

(4 total if you choose to take a pre departure test)

Yikes!

They will be more test for the country visiting. 

8 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

no $30K insurance no come in ... [thumbsup] 

must be exhausting our medical services ... 

B0435E19-DA82-41CB-A169-F49B3D9DA6CF.jpeg

I hope this will stop the CECAians dead in their tracks...

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, Kyrios said:

CECAians no stranger to forged docs and certifications. These things are not obstacles at all.

• Haha! 1

8 hours ago, Kyrios said:

The ATP does not cover CECA country. It is not in the list of countries on ICA website.

A number of the imported cases are due to the family members from CECA-land coming over to SG, under LTVP or other family-link type of allowable criteria. If no control for this category, not much use also. The only added protection is the test upon arrival in SG, to weed out possibility of forged certs from their home country.

• Praise 3

8 hours ago, Wt_know said:

no $30K insurance no come in ... [thumbsup] 

must be exhausting our medical services ... 

B0435E19-DA82-41CB-A169-F49B3D9DA6CF.jpeg

Yep, both medical services and taxpayers money for those who can't afford the treatment.

Best is don't let them in, save the trouble.

• Praise 2

MOH is very reactive, not proactive.

Thank you electrical engineer Gan Kim Yong.

The problem nowadays in civil service is nobody want to suggest anything that they think will jeopardize their career so all diam diam until the cracks appear.

Buey Gan.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Suddenly, within these last few months, there are so many visitors from the UAE. We never used to attract so many from the UAE. Unsurprisingly, these are mostly Indian nationals. The CECAs must have found the loophole. 
They probably have arranged to pay for the SHN prior to arrival, which is $2000. Their pre-departure (possibly dubious) test results indicate negative COVID.  What if these people, after arriving in Singapore and then found to be positive?  They are supposed to foot the subsequent medical bills in NCID. After a nice long stay at NCID, with our good medical care and high survival rate, they turn around and say that they won't or unable to pay for the hospitalization. Or even prior to admission to NCID, they say they cannot afford to pay. What then? We can't kick them out, we can't release them while still infectious. Win-win situation for them.
If I were CECA and I think I may be COVID positive, I will quickly get myself a forged test result. Make my way quickly to Singapore. Much higher chance of survival. 

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

MOH is very reactive, not proactive.

Thank you electrical engineer Gan Kim Yong.

The problem nowadays in civil service is nobody want to suggest anything that they think will jeopardize their career so all diam diam until the cracks appear.

Buey Gan.

Because SG govt cares too much what other countries think of us and wana keep our bilateral relationships cordial. They do not dare stop immediately but must "ask permission" first.

• Praise 2

1 minute ago, Adrianli said:

Because SG govt cares too much what other countries think of us and wana keep our bilateral relationships cordial. They do not dare stop immediately but must "ask permission" first.

At the risk of the citizens as always.

The SHN for imported cases are not leakproof.

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, Flying_genie said:

Suddenly, within these last few months, there are so many visitors from the UAE. We never used to attract so many from the UAE. Unsurprisingly, these are mostly Indian nationals. The CECAs must have found the loophole. 
They probably have arranged to pay for the SHN prior to arrival, which is $2000. Their pre-departure (possibly dubious) test results indicate negative COVID.  What if these people, after arriving in Singapore and then found to be positive?  They are supposed to foot the subsequent medical bills in NCID. After a nice long stay at NCID, with our good medical care and high survival rate, they turn around and say that they won't or unable to pay for the hospitalization. Or even prior to admission to NCID, they say they cannot afford to pay. What then? We can't kick them out, we can't release them while still infectious. Win-win situation for them.
If I were CECA and I think I may be COVID positive, I will quickly get myself a forged test result. Make my way quickly to Singapore. Much higher chance of survival. 

Best is to deport them back to cecaland after they recovered and blacklist them from entering SG to compete for jobs in the future. Record their fingerprint and biometrics to prevent them from reentering using a different name or forged passport. Then make a few examples of such cases by publishing their names in shitty times to make an example of such flagrancies. Deport their dependants as well.

Wow..ok..what i have written is just wishful thinking..cos our gahmen is so fond of prostituting ourselves.  I await the day when we have to re-escalate to Phase 1.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1