COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

27 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

many with mild symptoms of fever or flu will try to avoid and self medicate, cos once go in sure kena swab and force to take 5 days mc and SHN.

Common flu, sore throat etc might happen few times a year, so now if everytime go to see doctor and force to take 5 days MC, think the 14 days given MC would not be enough. Lol.

↡ Advertisement

This is what happens when phase3 is announced. Ppl will just relax and go back to pre-covid days.

It's better to go back to Phase2 restrict some movements. After the vaccination is done like 75% then announce phase3.

Now times are bad. If sick of course will try to save money and self medicate. If Lawrence Wong announce during this time see doctor will be subsidized then maybe ppl who are sick will be more willing to go see doctor.

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

This is what happens when phase3 is announced. Ppl will just relax and go back to pre-covid days.

It's better to go back to Phase2 restrict some movements. After the vaccination is done like 75% then announce phase3.

Now times are bad. If sick of course will try to save money and self medicate. If Lawrence Wong announce during this time see doctor will be subsidized then maybe ppl who are sick will be more willing to go see doctor.

It’s subsidized actually.

How much do I have to pay when I go to a participating PHPC, and what treatment can I expect to receive?

If you are diagnosed by the doctor to have a respiratory infection (e.g. common cold), you would enjoy subsidised consultation and treatment as follows:

Singaporean and Permanent Residents, as well as eligible work permit holders (excluding foreign domestic workers and performing artistes), would pay a flat subsidised rate of $10

Pioneer Generation (PG) and Merdeka Generation (MG) seniors would pay a lower rate of $5

Public Assistance (PA) cardholders need not pay

GST will be fully absorbed by the Government.

The cost of consultation, medication and investigations (including any COVID-19 swab test) provided at each visit to treat your respiratory infection will be covered under this fee. The doctor will prescribe the appropriate treatment for your respiratory infection, including the medications for the expected duration of your illness.

• Praise 5

Internal Moderator
3 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

I am showing respiratory symptoms (like a cough, runny nose or fever), where should I go?

Visit your nearest Public Health Preparedness Clinic or Polyclinic

Singapore Citizens and Permanent Resident diagnosed with respiratory illnesses (e.g. common cold) will pay a flat subsidised rate of $10 for consultation and treatment of the condition at any of the PHPCs.

The same subsidies also apply to polyclinics.

Pioneer Generation and Merdeka Generation seniors will pay $5.

https://www.gov.sg/article/i-am-showing-respiratory-symptoms-where-should-i-go

I only paid $10 to get swabbed inclusive of medications for a runny nose. I have sinus and was sneezing quite a bit but to be on the safe side went to see a DR. Saw a doctor at 2pm (Friday), swabbed, given 5 days MC and informed by Doc that I'll have to stay home the duration of the 5 days OR till my PCR test result is out showing a negative, whichever comes first. I went home to self isolate in my room. By 9am the very next day (Saturday), I received a text from "MOH Swab" informing me that my swab test was negative, and a link to click to acknowledge. Once you receive a negative for the swab test, you do not have to serve the full five days MC. But to be on the safe side, I stayed home over the weekend and did not head out. Over the next few days I went back to work but minimized my contact with colleagues and also headed home straight after work.

I think many are not aware that it only cost $5 or $10 if you are diagnosed with respiratory illnesses at the doc's, inclusive of swab test. Had a chat with the DR and she told me that there are some patients whom are afraid of the pain and are resistant to getting swabbed.  Frankly speaking on videos it does look scary la. But in actual fact the entire process is so fast and not painful, just uncomfortable. I teared up, that's all. I would describe it akin to getting water in your nose while swimming. Lol. Plain uncomfortable and nothing more.

Dear all, if you have family members, relatives, friends who confide in you that they are unwell, please do get them to see the doctor. Everyone is in this fight together and we cannot simply depend on the contact tracers to ringfence cases AFTER a confirm case. By then it would have been too little too late.

• Praise 9

2 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

so far so bad... hopefully no more...

I think transmission within close contact is really inevitable. The key is to prevent transmission to the wider community.

That's why masks and social distancing, with frequent hand washing are important.

At a macro level, the government should really stop issuing all those unnecessary passes for infected people to come in.

We can't afford another phase 1. It will be catastrophic if that happens, with further economic slump, business closures, permanent job losses and taxpayers' money injection. 

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, bsswan said:

It's not, so far, been imported cases transmitting cases around the community and putting the actual community at risk.

Arrival go straight to quarantine so there should be no cases "let in" and escaping into wider circulation.

There is still the possibility of spread from the airport staff, pilots etc.. and after 14 days negative they are free to go and it is entirely possible they are still carrying the virus. 

17 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

I think many are not aware that it only cost $5 or $10 if you are diagnosed with respiratory illnesses at the doc's, inclusive of swab test. 

38 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Common flu, sore throat etc might happen few times a year, so now if everytime go to see doctor and force to take 5 days MC, think the 14 days given MC would not be enough. Lol.

I think the issue is not only the number of MC but if they keep taking MC, they end up with no job....  imagine in January they sneezed once.  See Dr.  Two days MC.  Negative for covid-19.   FEB, slight sore throat.  See Dr.  Two days MC.  Negative again.  Every month got something.  Then how? Don't forget it's very mild symptoms only.  Sometimes we go into a dusty room or something we start sneezing.   Do we see a doctor each time it happens or wait it out? And if you wait it out and later turn out positive, then how?

And don't forget, some of the symptoms are not related to flu.  So technically after eating curry, I have diarrhoea I need to see doctor immediately.  Just in case its covid 19 and just coincidentally I was eating curry just before my first bout of diarrhoea...

My point.   Easy to say.  Hard to execute.  Unless all work from home.  For me in healthcare it's no issue.  But I think some are worried they end up with no job as a result of their MC.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, BabyBlade said:

I only paid $10 to get swabbed inclusive of medications for a runny nose. I have sinus and was sneezing quite a bit but to be on the safe side went to see a DR. Saw a doctor at 2pm (Friday), swabbed, given 5 days MC and informed by Doc that I'll have to stay home the duration of the 5 days OR till my PCR test result is out showing a negative, whichever comes first. I went home to self isolate in my room. By 9am the very next day (Saturday), I received a text from "MOH Swab" informing me that my swab test was negative, and a link to click to acknowledge. Once you receive a negative for the swab test, you do not have to serve the full five days MC. But to be on the safe side, I stayed home over the weekend and did not head out. Over the next few days I went back to work but minimized my contact with colleagues and also headed home straight after work.

I think many are not aware that it only cost $5 or $10 if you are diagnosed with respiratory illnesses at the doc's, inclusive of swab test. Had a chat with the DR and she told me that there are some patients whom are afraid of the pain and are resistant to getting swabbed.  Frankly speaking on videos it does look scary la. But in actual fact the entire process is so fast and not painful, just uncomfortable. I teared up, that's all. I would describe it akin to getting water in your nose while swimming. Lol. Plain uncomfortable and nothing more.

Dear all, if you have family members, relatives, friends who confide in you that they are unwell, please do get them to see the doctor. Everyone is in this fight together and we cannot simply depend on the contact tracers to ringfence cases AFTER a confirm case. By then it would have been too little too late.

i did mine before xmas, slight fever, walked into polyclinic told them fever last night but morning woke up no more, straight away lead me to another section, see doctor do swab test and take medicine within 15min (cut queue and cut short waiting time in common area [laugh]), nurse will lead u to the exit without paying and cannot walk around in the clinic, cannot take public transport except taxi/grab, cannot stop by go market or hawker centre to buy food, must go home straight.

they sms you within 2 day if negative, if positive they will send ambulance to fetch you liao [laugh]  bill came a week later for $5.

• Praise 3

Internal Moderator
5 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

i did mine before xmas, slight fever, walked into polyclinic told them fever last night but morning woke up no more, straight away lead me to another section, see doctor do swab test and take medicine without 15min (cut queue and cut short waiting time in common area [laugh]), nurse will lead u to the exit without paying and cannot walk around in the clinic, cannot take public transport except taxi/grab, cannot stop by go market or hawker centre to buy food, must go home straight.

they sms you within 2 day if negative, if positive they will send ambulance to fetch you liao [laugh]  bill came a week later for $5.

The only time you'll feel like you matter to someone with all that VIP treatment lol. You never ask them, can give money for transport fee? Haha. 

• Haha! 1

41 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

so far so bad... hopefully no more...

138432605_10158028262627934_621246871758

It probably started from the police admin officer. Sick already never see doctor

Internal Moderator
32 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

There is still the possibility of spread from the airport staff, pilots etc.. and after 14 days negative they are free to go and it is entirely possible they are still carrying the virus. 

I think the issue is not only the number of MC but if they keep taking MC, they end up with no job....  imagine in January they sneezed once.  See Dr.  Two days MC.  Negative for covid-19.   FEB, slight sore throat.  See Dr.  Two days MC.  Negative again.  Every month got something.  Then how? Don't forget it's very mild symptoms only.  Sometimes we go into a dusty room or something we start sneezing.   Do we see a doctor each time it happens or wait it out? And if you wait it out and later turn out positive, then how?

And don't forget, some of the symptoms are not related to flu.  So technically after eating curry, I have diarrhoea I need to see doctor immediately.  Just in case its covid 19 and just coincidentally I was eating curry just before my first bout of diarrhoea...

My point.   Easy to say.  Hard to execute.  Unless all work from home.  For me in healthcare it's no issue.  But I think some are worried they end up with no job as a result of their MC.

And also what about sinus sufferers and those with allergies? Symptoms may include runny nose, sneezing. What would you recommend us to do? How would doctors usually treat such cases? I don't think they'll swab you each time you go to the clinic but then again just because you have sinus doesn't mean you're immune from COVID. The dilemma. 

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 1

39 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Correct, and hence I noted testing regime is not enough.......we've been lucky but the process itself is correct.

• Shocked 1

38 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Agreed.

Have a friend that boss appraisal will be affected if start to take MC. Even taking leave also affect. TW boss.

• Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

And also what about sinus sufferers and those with allergies? Symptoms may include runny nose, sneezing. What would you recommend us to do? How would doctors usually treat such cases? I don't think they'll swab you each time you go to the clinic but then again just because you have sinus doesn't mean you're immune from COVID. The dilemma. 

True lo, like me my nose is spoilt one, easy to get symptoms like stuffy or running nose due to allergies and sinus. So if everytime i go see doctor and they swab me, i also dont know how le?! Boss would be face black everytime i got 3-5 days MC! 😅

1 hour ago, Somewhat1975 said:

14 days SHN with swab test is not 100% airtight. Swab test has the problem of false-negative. 

Based on import cases so far, what is worrying is low viral load cases.

Swab test may not be able to detect it.

For those under SHN, it should be both swab + blood test.

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Agreed.

Have a friend that boss appraisal will be affected if start to take MC. Even taking leave also affect. TW boss.

I think no boss would like their staff to take MC la. Even though they never say it out but you would know during your appraisal, increments, promotion and bonus period. Even though we are entitled to 14 days MC and it is genuine case of taking MC. But we would indirectly get penalised by taking MC.

come to think of it, last year none of my family member got sick since covid started and everyone start wearing mask. I got slight fever only toward year end when it was raining non stop, i think i only got wet that day walking in the rain for a while.

7 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

come to think of it, last year none of my family member got sick since covid started and everyone start wearing mask. I got slight fever only toward year end when it was raining non stop, i think i only got wet that day walking in the rain for a while.

Everyone wearing of mask really help to stop of spreading of virus even for the common flu and cough. Usually we might fall sick when we have contract with people outside.

↡ Advertisement