COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

7 hours ago, bsswan said:

It's not, so far, been imported cases transmitting cases around the community and putting the actual community at risk.

Arrival go straight to quarantine so there should be no cases "let in" and escaping into wider circulation.

That's what we all hope lah , in theory. But you know, with the pressure of so high numbers of imported cases still coming in, you think there is no leakage? There will definitely be some, and so far we are lucky. People sneaking in to see those in SHN. And also the 14-day SHN is not a 100% guarantee.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

I have a friend working at a school and she shared with me her personal experiences. 1. Parents sending their kids to school even when kids unwell. This was pre-circuit breaker period, when cases were on the rise in Singapore and we had confirmed cases popping up in childcare centers & schools. The teacher got the mum to pick the kid up but parents brought the kids back the next day. During Circuit Breaker, both parents WFH but still brought the two kids (siblings) to school because they couldn't stand the kids at home. In the end poor teachers had to go back to school to take care. If you wanna have a kid at least have the responsibility to care for your own child and not dump it to the poor teachers.

Yes I heard some horror stories from my friends too during CB. There're some really terrible parents out there. Which is why being an educator is a thankless job and I have full respect for them. 

4 hours ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

How can it start from him?

He spontanously evolved into a covid sufferer? 

Someone must have spread it to him too.

I am referring to the police cluster, the police admin officer might have caught the virus first instead of the para vet. Sick liao never see doctor. He developed symptoms earlier than the para vet

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, 13177 said:

Everyone wearing of mask really help to stop of spreading of virus even for the common flu and cough. Usually we might fall sick when we have contract with people outside.

I also realise that i didn't kena any cold/flu/sore throat during 2020 at all and its the first time in my life that I'm bug-free for consecutive 12 mths. Wearing mask is definitely a big help and will continue to do so post-covid.

• Praise 2

Supercharged
2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Ya lo, eating at public place really risky as anytime can expose myself to any virus. Esp if share table with strangers. But difficult to avoid la.

That's where most of our conundrum lies: "Should I go eat at a popular place and risk getting sick? Or should I gau guan a tasteless secluded store and eat with peace of mind?"  [laugh]

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

That's what we all hope lah , in theory. But you know, with the pressure of so high numbers of imported cases still coming in, you think there is no leakage? There will definitely be some, and so far we are lucky. People sneaking in to see those in SHN. And also the 14-day SHN is not a 100% guarantee.

And our own people placed on 5 days MC but still heading out to meet friends to eat. How I know? A little bird asked in the groupchat if anybody wanna head out to eat because the little bird is given 5 days MC by the Doc for sore throat. Little bird also mentioned that can go out no problem, as long as don't "check in". This little bird is a Singaporean, not a foreigner. All along we know the virus is still silently spreading in the community yet we have people with such mentality. Imported cases is one thing but I think the bigger problem is the mentality of locals and residents that need to change first. 

• Praise 3

7 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

And our own people placed on 5 days MC but still heading out to meet friends to eat. How I know? A little bird asked in the groupchat if anybody wanna head out to eat because the little bird is given 5 days MC by the Doc for sore throat. Little bird also mentioned that can go out no problem, as long as don't "check in". This little bird is a Singaporean, not a foreigner. All along we know the virus is still silently spreading in the community yet we have people with such mentality. Imported cases is one thing but I think the bigger problem is the mentality of locals and residents that need to change first. 

U should report the little bird...

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, BabyBlade said:

Mentality and attitude difficult to change la.

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

Good decision. 

COVID-19: Pilot for reopening of nightclubs, karaoke outlets delayed amid rise in community cases

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-pilot-nightclubs-karaoke-reopening-delayed-community-13993384

I don't really know. All the evidence and incidents so far point out that offices and workplaces are the ones that should not "re-open". The ministry should seriously consider re-imposing some of the mandatory WFH rules as applied previously. This is where the real danger lies , more than nightclub and karaoke. People reporting to work when they are ill - back to the same old habit.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Didu said:

That's where most of our conundrum lies: "Should I go eat at a popular place and risk getting sick? Or should I gau guan a tasteless secluded store and eat with peace of mind?"  [laugh]

Choose to eat in open-air environment, it's safer than aircon indoors.

Based on the recent numbers, ironically, bangla fw dorms are now safer [laugh]

Edited by Sosaria
  • Haha! 1

26 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

I don't really know. All the evidence and incidents so far point out that offices and workplaces are the ones that should not "re-open". The ministry should seriously consider re-imposing some of the mandatory WFH rules as applied previously. This is where the real danger lies , more than nightclub and karaoke. People reporting to work when they are ill - back to the same old habit.

Consider not bad liao since the start of phase 3, they never announce wfh become optional for companies. Even through many people went back to office now, but safety measures for office still applies. Hopefully such measures will continue for another 6 months.

• Praise 1

28 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Choose to eat in open-air environment, it's safer than aircon indoors.

Based on the recent numbers, ironically, bangla fw dorms are now safer [laugh]

So eat at hawker centre is safer than food court? 😂

38 minutes ago, 13177 said:

So eat at hawker centre is safer than food court? 😂

"Do you want three meals in a hawker centre, food court or restaurant?"

Now we know. Hawker centre, please.

• Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

"Do you want three meals in a hawker centre, food court or restaurant?"

Now we know. Hawker centre, please.

For me still prefer to dabao back to eat. If have to dine in, i would choose earlier timing to eat, when most people have not come in yet. Or eat at not so popular and crowded hawker centre.

10 hours ago, inlinesix said:

From Dec 17 - Jan 16, there are 703 import cases.

Mostly dominated by:

1. Work Permit: 343

2. Citizen: 75

3. PR: 69

Do we need to import so many ppl to work here?

Your last statement...i stand shoulder to shoulder with you my friend 😁

4 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

Your last statement...i stand shoulder to shoulder with you my friend 😁

Bro, this part also important in my statement 

Within work permit, it is predominantly maid (197)

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1