COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

Ho ho ho we now have 2 active clusters 

Golden Bridge Foods Manufacturing Pte Ltd  - 3 cases

K9 unit - 7 cases

There is 1 unlinked case today.  He is a 39-year-old permanent resident who works as a sales personnel at BS Industrial & Construction Supply, located at 34 Kallang Place

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-cases-jan-19-moh-4-community-imported-new-cluster-13991042

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

Hmm....looks like situation taking a turn for the worse...paging fellow forummer weez911 and his numerous "playing with fire" memes and gifs..miayhaha

Edited by Kyrios

4 hours ago, Raubern said:

K9 unit - 7 cases

There is 1 unlinked case today.  He is a 39-year-old permanent resident who works as a sales personnel at BS Industrial & Construction Supply, located at 34 Kallang Place

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-cases-jan-19-moh-4-community-imported-new-cluster-13991042

After 1 year of covid-19, there is enough data that correlate that lost of sense of smell and or taste is one of the symptoms for covid-19. For some people there the sense of smell is wreaked and keep smelling things like rotton eggs or rubbish where there is no rotten eggs or rubbish nearby. The change in smell is very sudden (not gradual), for some it is the only symptoms. Meaning there is no other symptoms but just lost of sense of taste and or smell and when tested for covid-19 and result show positive. 

So hopefully authorities and or news will highlight this important part to let people know. Those people who had flu, slight fewer.. Okay because flu and fever is quite common and they might not believe or choose not to believe that they might have contacted with covid-19. This is normal as that's human being, usually people 1st thinking will be I am not so sway la (unlucky), so will keep thinking of reasons that mine is not covid-19 and thus ownself comfort and determined that its not covid-19 and thus decide not to see doctor. However if together with lost of sense of smell and or taste or just lost of sense of smell and or taste only, if people don't know that it could be linked to covid-19, they will just maybe blush it off a few days and see how is it. These few days can be a very critical period whereby the person might spread to a lot of people when he/she just go out meet friends, go work and etc. So emphasise on lost of sense of smell and or taste is very important too.

In fact it is more important as people will not associate lost of sense of smell and or taste that is very common. So once the thing that is not very common, when people read the news they will remember better and thus will more likely take appropriate action if they knew what mightbe the real cause. So education to let as many people know is the key. But then this also must be careful. Coz not all people contacted with covid-19 have lost of sense of smell and or taste. So people should not solely use that to determine whether possible have covid-19 or not? If don't have lost of sense of smell and or taste but have flu and or fever please don't take chance too. We know it is very hard on brain to think that "oh no, covid-19 and need to go see doctor" but we must train our brain to think that way to be safe. Many people will most likely be complacent and think "I am not so unlucky, it is just normal flu and or fever". If have this mindset, then this covid-19 thing will surely spread out of hand if solely depends on contract tracing team to track and contact whereby there is one or 2 that escape undetected through the ring of fencing. 

Edited by Yewheng

Screenshot_20210120_041733.thumb.jpg.64edb606104e6442ade42806bb484e2c.jpg

Just happen to saw this comment on Facebook. See this person did not mention about lost of sense of smell and or taste. Although it is just this one comment. Imagine how many more others who did not realised or knew the importance of lost of sense of smell and or taste could also be linked to covid-19 too. 

1 hour ago, Beanoyip said:

No free medical treatment or swab test, that's why ppl won't go and see the doc immediately..

It's only $10 so I don't think cost is the main concern.  Since last year I have seen GP twice for cough/flu and gotten swab twice with 5 days n 3 days MC. If I were to go see doc for every mild runny nose n sore throat I don't think 14 days MC would be sufficient.  Don't think my boss would be happy about it also.

• Praise 3

3 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

It's only $10 so I don't think cost is the main concern.  Since last year I have seen GP twice for cough/flu and gotten swab twice with 5 days n 3 days MC. If I were to go see doc for every mild runny nose n sore throat I don't think 14 days MC would be sufficient.  Don't think my boss would be happy about it also.

I think the mentality of employers need to change.. if boss always not happy about workers not turning up at work, it's reason why workers keep going back to work when they are sick.

7 hours ago, Raubern said:

K9 unit - 7 cases

One of import case

Case 59433 is a 28 year-old female Singaporean who returned from Ireland on 3 January, and was placed on SHN at a dedicated facility. Her swab done on 14 January during SHN was negative for COVID- 19. She developed a dry throat later that day, and cough on 16 January but did not report her symptoms. Her SHN ended on 17 January, and on 18 January, she sought medical treatment at the National University Hospital where she was tested for COVID-19. Her result came back positive on the same day.

13 minutes ago, Chongster said:

Does look like need to go up to 21 days shn 

no 21 days no talk ! [mad] 

imported case after imported case ... 

that's how community cases STARTED .... 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

The govt mouthpiece was talking about 21-day quarantine yesterday, for all countries instead of just UK and SA.

I will applaud this decision if it comes true.

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Screenshot_20210120_041733.thumb.jpg.64edb606104e6442ade42806bb484e2c.jpg

Just happen to saw this comment on Facebook. See this person did not mention about lost of sense of smell and or taste. Although it is just this one comment. Imagine how many more others who did not realised or knew the importance of lost of sense of smell and or taste could also be linked to covid-19 too. 

Even for normal flu, if you have a blocked or stuffy nose, you will lose your sense of smell and taste. I guess this is why people ignore this symptom.

26 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

The govt mouthpiece was talking about 21-day quarantine yesterday, for all countries instead of just UK and SA.

I will applaud this decision if it comes true.

You mean Dr Leong? 😁

1 hour ago, Beanoyip said:

I think the mentality of employers need to change.. if boss always not happy about workers not turning up at work, it's reason why workers keep going back to work when they are sick.

There's also a casual mood in some offices now where people opt not to wear masks and there are no checks nowadays.

34 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

There's also a casual mood in some offices now where people opt not to wear masks and there are no checks nowadays.

Agree. I find that shopping malls have more checks in place (e.g. ensure that SafeEntry check-in has been done and temperature taken) compared to office buildings. My office building in the CBD does not have anyone ensuring that SafeEntry has been done. Even in own office, it is also ownself check ownself. Workplaces definitely have higher risk compared to shopping malls.

2 hours ago, Tkseah said:

No choice due to covid, so if you have any of those covid symptoms, even only have one symptom also need to get swab and issue with a 3-5 days MC. So during this period really have to take extra care on our own health, to avoid having common flu so often.

Edited by 13177
↡ Advertisement