COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

45 minutes ago, Didu said:

Some companies are more proactive in encouraging employees to develop a healthy lifestyle. This benefits company to reduce overall MC, and improve moral & productivity. I remember a department in my company organizes group jogging session every Friday evening. That was before covid happened. People who want to join in can generally get out 30 min earlier than the rest to join the activity. And it's supported by HR so managers would not object to it.

Good to have such healthy activity for employees. But some people would think by allowing staff to release earlier from work to join such activity, some staff would take advantage just to get off from work earlier. Like one of my previous company got organise visting to old folk home before on a half working day, and many employees joined because they can no need to work for half a day. But if the activity organise on a sat, response was very poor, cause it is not a working day lo.

↡ Advertisement

5 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

Actually I also worked during some of the days I was on MC.. can I submit the copy MC showing 3 days but in system only apply 1 day?

By right you should not be working during on your MC days. But many people would not rest at home for the whole duration MC given, but go back office only rested for 1 day.

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

By right you should not be working during on your MC days. But many people would not rest at home for the whole duration MC given, but go back office only rested for 1 day.

My case is WFH lah.. I did not go back office

7 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I think companies are stricter with blue collar workers to enforce the MC given, as the company would be held doubly liable if a worker on MC is injured at work.  For office and WFH workers I think companies still would like them to work while on MC..

Supercharged
12 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Good to have such healthy activity for employees. But some people would think by allowing staff to release earlier from work to join such activity, some staff would take advantage just to get off from work earlier. Like one of my previous company got organise visting to old folk home before on a half working day, and many employees joined because they can no need to work for half a day. But if the activity organise on a sat, response was very poor, cause it is not a working day lo.

Yep, we have community support activity too. Most employees chiong for it because we need to fulfill 2 participation events in our KPI for the year. (People who missed the weekday events, have no choice but sign up for the weekend ones) :grin: Maybe you can suggest to your HR for this bao jiak strategy.  [laugh] But don't say I say one hor....You can take the credit.

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Didu said:

Yep, we have community support activity too. Most employees chiong for it because we need to fulfill 2 participation events in our KPI for the year. (People who missed the weekday events, have no choice but sign up for the weekend ones) :grin: Maybe you can suggest to your HR for this bao jiak strategy.  [laugh] But don't say I say one hor....You can take the credit.

My company have no such KPI for staff, all activities organise is based on voluntary basis. Thats why if the activity falls on a weekend, usually response no good de.

I used to organise weekly evening run in the office.  We usually start at around 6:30 pm.

Most managers will not ask the respective colleague to do anything "urgent" on those hours unless absolutely urgent. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

I used to organise weekly evening run in the office.  We usually start at around 6:30 pm.

Most managers will not ask the respective colleague to do anything "urgent" on those hours unless absolutely urgent. 

Is all depends how supportive the management team is.  Before Covid, my office have badminton team, running team.. Normally employee are allow to leave a bit early for the events. Including blue collar staff.

Company had also been sponsor employees 75% for those running events.. like 2XU run, ST run, Standard Chartered marathon etc...

• Praise 2

[Sent by Gov.sg – 20 Jan]

As of 12pm, MOH has preliminarily confirmed 4 new cases of locally transmitted COVID-19 infection. 

Based on investigations so far, the cases are in the community, and there are no new cases in the dormitories.

There are 36 imported cases who had already been placed on Stay-Home Notice upon arrival in Singapore. In total, there are 40 new cases of COVID-19 infection in Singapore today.

MOH will share further updates in its press release that will be issued later tonight.

go.gov.sg/moh200121update

2 tuberculosis clusters linked to Singapore Pools' Bedok betting centre found

SINGAPORE — Two separate tuberculosis (TB) clusters involving a total of 18 people who had frequently visited the Singapore Pools' Bedok betting centre have been identified, the Ministry of Health (MOH) said on Wednesday (Jan 20).The cases had immediately started treatment following diagnosis and are not a current ongoing public health risk, the ministry said in a press release, adding that the risk of transmission to persons who are not close contacts is very low.

“The two clusters were determined by genetic sequencing and epidemiological investigations which concluded in January 2021, as part of retrospective testing of TB cases to determine linkages,” said MOH.The 18 cases were diagnosed between February 2015 and October 2020.Five cases were diagnosed between July 2018 and February 2020.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/2-tuberculosis-clusters-linked-singapore-pools-bedok-betting-centre-found

6 hours ago, Tkseah said:

I think companies are stricter with blue collar workers to enforce the MC given, as the company would be held doubly liable if a worker on MC is injured at work.  For office and WFH workers I think companies still would like them to work while on MC..

There was once an office worker who was on MC and went back to office to do something "quickly". Unluckily, something dropped on his head from the cupboard.  

No serious injury but he had to see a doctor just to be sure.  Was a super big issue because he was on MC and the injury happened in the office.

• Praise 2

40 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

There was once an office worker who was on MC and went back to office to do something "quickly". Unluckily, something dropped on his head from the cupboard.  

No serious injury but he had to see a doctor just to be sure.  Was a super big issue because he was on MC and the injury happened in the office.

Indeed a big issue if you are on MC, even you stepped out of your house  and not resting at home, and something happen to you outside.

MC means you must stay at home and rest.

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Indeed a big issue if you are on MC, even you stepped out of your house  and not resting at home, and something happen to you outside.

MC means you must stay at home and rest.

For me I will

ask

which home?😂

• Haha! 1

There are 3 linked and 1 unlinked community cases today. The 3 linked cases are from BS Industrial & Construction Supply Pte Ltd. 2 of them developed symptoms such as sore throat, breathing difficulty and loss of smell and taste but did not see doctor and went to work as usual.

A new cluster has been formed - There are now 4 cases from BS Industrial & Construction Supply Pte Ltd.

The unlinked case is a 46 year-old male Indian national who is a Work Pass holder, and works as a software engineer at APAR Technologies Pte Ltd (4 Shenton Way).

He had travelled to India between 9 March and 29 October 2020, and the UAE between 29 October and 13 November. He served SHN at a dedicated facility upon his return to Singapore until 27 November, and his swab done on 23 November during SHN was negative for COVID- 19.

He is asymptomatic, and was detected when he took a COVID-19 pre-departure test on 19 January in preparation for a trip back to India. His result came back positive for COVID-19 infection the next day and he was conveyed to NCID. His Ct value is very high, which is indicative of a low viral load, and his serology test result has come back positive. These indicate a likely past infection.

Amongst the 36 imported cases,

1 (Case 59459) is a Singaporean and 1 (Case 59458) is a Singapore Permanent Resident who returned from Canada and India respectively.
1 (Case 59469) is a Dependant’s Pass holder who arrived from India.
1 (Case 59439) is a Long-Term Visit Pass holder who arrived from India.
4 (Cases 59434, 59443, 59466 and 59467) are Student’s Pass holders who arrived from India, Indonesia, the UAE and Slovak Republic.
4 (Cases 59436, 59437, 59438 and 59463) are Work Pass holders who arrived from India and Ireland.
20 are Work Permit holders who arrived from Bangladesh, India, Indonesia and Myanmar, of whom 7 (Cases 59447, 59451, 59452, 59453, 59454, 59462 and 59464) are foreign domestic workers.
4 (Cases 59446, 59470, 59471 and 59472) are Short-Term Visit Pass holders. Cases 59471 and 59472 arrived from India to visit their Singaporean relatives, and Cases 59446 and 59470 arrived from Myanmar and the US for work assignments in Singapore.

https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/4-new-cases-of-locally-transmitted-covid-19-infection_20_Jan_2021

Edited by Raubern

New places added to Public Places Visited by Cases in the Community during Infectious Period

6/1 (1950h - 2155h) - Shahi Maharani North Indian Restaurant, Raffles City SC
10/1 (2130h - 2210h) - Anjappar, Westgate
14/1 (1900h - 1945h) - S111 Eating House, 26A Kallang Place
14/1 (2015h - 2230h) - Frienzie Bar & Bistro
15/1 (1900h - 2130h) - Dong Bei Cuisine
15/1 (2015h - 2230h) - Frienzie Bar & Bistro
16/1 (0900h - 1130h) - Anytime Fitness Kovan
16/1 (1840h - 1940h) - Al Falah Barakah Restaurant
16/1 (1850h - 2115h) - Brewerkz, Riverside Point
16/1 (2030h - 2230h) - Good Cheer Pub, 8 Maju Avenue
16/1 (2140h - 2220h) - Ananda Bhavan Vegetarian
17/1 (0940h - 1120h) - Canopy, 1382 Ang Mo Kio Ave 1
17/1 (1120h - 1335h) - National Museum of Singapore
17/1 (1410h - 1635h) - Angel & Devil, 22 Keong Saik Road
17/1 (1550h - 1655h) - SUN Beauty House, 3 Bugis Street
17/1 (1635h - 2200h) - Puteca Abate, The Working Capitol
18/1 (1300h - 1400h) - Upper Boon Keng Market & Food Centre
18/1 (1830h - 1930h) - S111 Eating House, 26A Kallang Place
19/1 (1150h - 1255h) - Prata Wala, Jurong Point

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/national-museum-restaurants-across-singapore-among-17-places-visited-covid-19-cases-while?cid=telegram_tg-single_social-free_26012019_today

All these people who's aware that they're unwell but still go around spreading the love should all be charged in court. Really need to send a strong message to future offenders. Saying that "I'm just self medicating for mild symptoms" is bullshxt since they didn't even self-quarantine at home. Aren't these people committing a more serious offense than those convicted angmos who ignored social distancing?

We just need a few more fkers like these to bring on the next wave and throw us back to CB again.

Edited by Jellandross
↡ Advertisement