COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

1 hour ago, Mustank said:

Hope they send those safety ambassadors go every block go and spot check 

per catch commission $100 :grin:

I really want to know how they catch? How they know if a particular household did not exceed the 8 persons visit per day le? 

• Haha! 1

42 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Think we should all be responsible.  The situation doesn't look very good in the last 1 week and i think G knows. Hence the tightening of rules. Look at HK and China. 

This affects everyone but many people will ignore it and when things blow up, everyone will blame everyone else and noone will be blamed, except G. 

Read one forumer who has arranged for different families /group of 8 to visit the grandparent at different time slots during the day  It is really a mass gathering without masks. 

Doubts many people would be responsible, if not situation would not suddenly become no good in the last 1 week. I still think G announced phase 3 too fast liao. Cause people would not be social responsible at all. You see social distancing now already haywire liao, can see many people no follow at all. 

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Doubts many people would be responsible, if not situation would not suddenly become no good in the last 1 week. I still think G announced phase 3 too fast liao. Cause people would not be social responsible at all. You see social distancing now already haywire liao, can see many people no follow at all. 

that’s why G chop chop curry pop now want to hold the horses ... before we are back to 2-digits (now already is with imported cases) or 3-digits cases per day [sweatdrop]  

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

Think we should all be responsible.  The situation doesn't look very good in the last 1 week and i think G knows. Hence the tightening of rules. Look at HK and China. 

This affects everyone but many people will ignore it and when things blow up, everyone will blame everyone else and noone will be blamed, except G. 

Just curious. Covid-19 has been with us for a long time already.  Would you say the same if this becomes a permanent thing (if covid-19 does not go away for years to come)?

And I dont think rational people blame the G for everything and anything.   But they are saying that the borders should be shut to cut the import cases.  It's not going to be an easy decision but this is a decision  the G must make.  If they think the imports are crucial for the economy, then so be it and if they are right, credit to them.  But if a lockdown happens and more losses than gains are realised, then they should also bear the responsibility.

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

So many unlinked, does it mean TT is a failure?

It could be that even with TT info, the "upstream" links all not reporting symptoms or tested negative - so remains a mystery where the first person of the recent local clusters caught it from.

It may be possible that it's just like a flu now, where traces of the virus are picked up from surroundings, and resides in you at low levels / loads until the time your immunity weakens.

Edited by Sosaria

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

People in wuhan are clubbing already .....where got problem? Restrictions and lockdowns are a quick solution, but must be applied intelligently - not blanket rule.

https://www.scmp.com/photos/3116367/one-night-wuhan-covid-19s-original-epicentre-relearns-how-party

As in our recent cases, some simple things that can be done first are to suspend mass events, tighten workplace rules AND spot-check/enforce - this is more targeted than simply blanket telling everyone to limit their interactions during CNY, which is not addressing where the problem lies.

Sex I can understand but bubble tea?

Then pregnant friend also visit and risk spreading to her.

What a good friend.

:grin:

3 hours ago, Jellandross said:

A nurse no less.

Nurse who breached stay-home notice to buy bubble tea jailed for multiple offences

SINGAPORE: After returning home from Australia during the pandemic outbreak, a woman knew she had to serve stay-home notice but left her house to buy bubble tea.

She also went to visit a pregnant friend to help her with wedding preparations, and tested positive for COVID-19 about a week after this.

Nurul Afiqah Binte Mohammed, 22, was jailed for seven weeks on Friday (Jan 22). She pleaded guilty to three charges under the Infectious Diseases Act, with another four charges taken into consideration. 

state-courts-file-photo-6.jpg

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

People in wuhan are clubbing already .....where got problem? Restrictions and lockdowns are a quick solution, but must be applied intelligently - not blanket rule.

https://www.scmp.com/photos/3116367/one-night-wuhan-covid-19s-original-epicentre-relearns-how-party

As in our recent cases, some simple things that can be done first are to suspend mass events, tighten workplace rules AND spot-check/enforce - this is more targeted than simply blanket telling everyone to limit their interactions during CNY, which is not addressing where the problem lies.

You know China just lockdown 1.7m people?

Agree, the simple things should be all part of holistic approach but at least we have to wear mask for big events and at work place.

Judging from the response here, the CNY clampdown is going to be very unpopular.  

When it doesn't affect them, ok lah but when it stops people from a CNY gathering, please do this and that first.

• Praise 3

2 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Agree, the simple things should be all part of holistic approach but at least we have to wear mask for big events and at work place.

Judging from the response here, the CNY clampdown is going to be very unpopular.  

When it doesn't affect them, ok lah but when it stops people from a CNY gathering, please do this and that first.

Agree

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Read one forumer who has arranged for different families /group of 8 to visit the grandparent at different time slots during the day  It is really a mass gathering without masks. 

I'm not big suppoorter of some G policies but I'm with you on this toxic mentality with some SGreans. I bet we'll see people "upholding traditional chinese tradition" doing exactly what you described.  I think its a coping mechanism to blame G and blame foreigners for all the problems that's out of our control without taking personal responsibility. Generations of "trust G to take care of the people" propaganda didn't help in this situation.

• Praise 4

12 hours ago, Voodooman said:

China's 1.7m lockdown may sound widespread, but this is an example of targeted approach. It is only a part of beijing where the infections are occurring that is locked down. Other parts continue as per normal.

In our context, take a good look at where the local community cases are occurring, and where leakages are detected, and clamp down on these specific sectors / activities.

By the way they've recently re-emphasize "WFH as a default", which is a good move. As I know some organisations / institutions have quietly urged all staff to return to full-time on-site work since beginning of this year - now stopped in their tracks. Need to deploy SDA out to companies to do the checks again.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1

12 hours ago, Jellandross said:

I think its a coping mechanism to blame G and blame foreigners for all the problems that's out of our control

Bingo. That's how populations often tends to react to all major crisis - Singapore has certainly not been any different in that regard.

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, Tohto said:

Some Malaysia cargo drivers run into delays at Singapore checkpoints on 1st day of mandatory COVID-19 tests

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/malaysia-cargo-drivers-delays-checkpoints-singapore-vegetables-14020046

"However, Mr Saravana said while most of his colleagues were tested, he was not selected. "The officer directed me to move forward (away from testing area) and I happily did," said the employee of Sun Yee Chong trading which delivers vegetables."

I don't think our customs knows what "mandatory" means. 🙄

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

31 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

China's 1.7m lockdown may sound widespread, but this is an example of targeted approach. It is only a part of beijing where the infections are occurring that is locked down. Other parts continue as per normal.

In our context, take a good look at where the local community cases are occurring, and where leakages are detected, and clamp down on these specific sectors / activities.

By the way they've recently re-emphasize "WFH as a default", which is a good move. As I know some organisations / institutions have quietly urged all staff to return to full-time on-site work since beginning of this year - now stopped in their tracks. Need to deploy SDA out to companies to do the checks again.

When they announced on the cny measures, they also highlighted that current covid measures for companies still remain the same, and wfh still must be allowed if the job can be wfh.

Looks like time to send checks on companies again to ensure people are wfh. There are way too many people going back to office since the start of phase 3 liao.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1