COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

On 1/19/2021 at 4:06 PM, Sosaria said:

That's what we all hope lah , in theory. But you know, with the pressure of so high numbers of imported cases still coming in, you think there is no leakage? There will definitely be some, and so far we are lucky. People sneaking in to see those in SHN. And also the 14-day SHN is not a 100% guarantee.

Looks like no winners in choosing sides.

you lock down the country that has an out of control situation, u risk ruining the relationship for the restrictions for this people coming here to find jobs.

you let this number continue to rise u risk the population having a 3 wave n subsequently lock down n still ruined the economy... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Looks like no winners in choosing sides.

you lock down the country that has an out of control situation, u risk ruining the relationship for the restrictions for this people coming here to find jobs.

you let this number continue to rise u risk the population having a 3 wave n subsequently lock down n still ruined the economy... 

There are 615 imported cases MTD.

With India travel history, there are 238 case.

Within these 238 cases, 35 PR and 8 citizen.

• Haha! 1

57 minutes ago, 13177 said:

When they announced on the cny measures, they also highlighted that current covid measures for companies still remain the same, and wfh still must be allowed if the job can be wfh.

Looks like time to send checks on companies again to ensure people are wfh. There are way too many people going back to office since the start of phase 3 liao.

where is my $2000 cheque ... how come amdk USA no need to go work anyhow got $2000 :D 

• Haha! 2

Just now, Wt_know said:

where is my $2000 cheque ... how come amdk USA no need to go work anyhow got $2000 :D 

Wait T2 diu u for raiding reserves

😂

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, inlinesix said:

There are 615 imported cases MTD.

With India travel history, there are 238 case.

Within these 238 cases, 35 PR and 8 citizen.

It important to keep an open mind as well as ensure that we are consistent in what the trade agreement states. 

I may be wrong but all the 238 case from India are well contained and should not have any iota of fear. Or am I missing some important information. Else the ministry would have kick in like New Zealand 4 cases lock down situation.

if we wish to be a fair and inclusive society, we have to be open to allow the people to come in , yet appreciate a fair amount of contingency plan to contain the risk of spreading.

the dormitory with the huge surplus of people in a lock down would have drain part of the economy already. Kudos for still been able to sustain the people n moral both financially and emotionally..

Edited by Sdf4786k

23 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

No need $100. $20 per Bao Toh, got thousands rushing to do Liao. 

Don’t under cut so hard leh

Profits we share share :XD:

17 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Don’t under cut so hard leh

Profits we share share :XD:

But  now Ah gong say Bao Toh is a good way of enforcement.  Encourage baotohing! Hahhahaa

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Mkl22 said:

But  now Ah gong say Bao Toh is a good way of enforcement.  Encourage baotohing! Hahhahaa

You send in the national day photos see got money or not :grin:

3 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

It important to keep an open mind as well as ensure that we are consistent in what the trade agreement states. 

I may be wrong but all the 238 case from India are well contained and should not have any iota of fear. Or am I missing some important information. Else the ministry would have kick in like New Zealand 4 cases lock down situation.

if we wish to be a fair and inclusive society, we have to be open to allow the people to come in , yet appreciate a fair amount of contingency plan to contain the risk of spreading.

the dormitory with the huge surplus of people in a lock down would have drain part of the economy already. Kudos for still been able to sustain the people n moral both financially and emotionally..

I agree with you 

Since we sign ceca, we should open our doors wide to India. It is a talent surplus country 

To be an inclusive society we should also help them out by paying for vacinne and medical bills from our reserves 

• Praise 2

21 minutes ago, Mustank said:

I agree with you 

Since we sign ceca, we should open our doors wide to India. It is a talent surplus country 

To be an inclusive society we should also help them out by paying for vacinne and medical bills from our reserves 

My two cents opinion is that the G assumes everyone is altruistic.

Bosses will allow workers to WFH even if it is not mandatory because it is for the greater good of the country.

Foreigners will diligently isolate and not forge any covid-19 to enter Singapore because they know that if they have covid-19,  it will not reflect well on them and it will also harm Singapore. 

Not sure if the govt is being too naive or I am too cynical.

Or, more likely, too reactive because of the  need for evidence.  Examples. 

If there are forged covid-19 documents, there must be evidence of it or it's just noise (but how are you going to get evidence unless the other country is will to investigate fairly on your behalf?).

Rise in imported cases and the subsequent rise in community cases.  Correlation does not imply causation.  So as long as there is no solid evidence that imported cases caused community cases, it's just correlation and not causation so everything proceeds as per normal.

• Praise 4

25 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Bosses will allow workers to WFH even if it is not mandatory because it is for the greater good of the country.

Foreigners will diligently isolate and not forge any covid-19 to enter Singapore because they know that if they have covid-19,  it will not reflect well on them and it will also harm Singapore. 

If there are forged covid-19 documents, there must be evidence of it or it's just noise (but how are you going to get evidence unless the other country is will to investigate fairly on your behalf?).

Rise in imported cases and the subsequent rise in community cases.  Correlation does not imply causation.  So as long as there is no solid evidence that imported cases caused community cases, it's just correlation and not causation so everything proceeds as per normal.

I guess being naive more than cynical. How can everyone is altruistic? Even all the while WFH should be default, but you see how many bosses allow and follow this measure? Most bosses would find 1001 ways to justify that their workers cannot WFH. Lol. So if it is not mandatory, no one would follow liao.

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 3

30 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I don’t know if it’s Correlation or Causation but I know for sure it’s the other C.

Complacent.

• Praise 2

25 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I guess being naive more than cynical. How can everyone is altruistic? Even all the while WFH should be default, but you see how many bosses allow and follow this measure? Most bosses would find 1001 ways to justify that their workers cannot WFH. Lol. So if it is not mandatory, no one would follow liao.

If you were to speak to the people who despite the availability of wfh , they still come to work to clock time. Some of the reasons are ...

1. cannot work from home because they are entrusted to take care of their age parent who is suffering from senile or paralysis and they keep calling out to them and compete for attention with zoom calls.

2. Longest time of spouses abuse and trying to maintain status quo instead of divorce 

3. small 3 needs tending to

4. cannot get along with in laws and can lead to heighten anxiety every waking moment 

5. children intrusive needs

6. to a lesser extent when two or more person having zoom meeting the bandwidth is insufficient.

7. boss red eye and do not feel that work from home is acceptable and as a form of feedback affect your rating for appersal n MOM may not be able to intervene if it’s term as business downturn 

and the list goes on

Edited by Sdf4786k

36 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

To me, part of the reason for the latest community cluster is our current workplace practises.

Case 59455

Case 59455 is a 27 year-old male Malaysian national who is a Work Pass holder. He works as a sales personnel at BS Industrial & Construction Supply Pte Ltd (34 Kallang Place). He is a co-worker of Case 59429 [1].

He developed a sore throat on 14 January, and loss of smell and taste on 18 January but did not seek medical treatment and continued to go to work.

As he had been identified as a close contact of Case 59429, he was contacted by MOH on 18 January and conveyed to Tan Tock Seng Hospital when he reported these symptoms. He was tested at the hospital, and his test result came back positive for COVID-19 infection the next day. His serology test result has come back negative, indicating that this is likely a current infection.

On the rise of import case, there is always an argument btw economic needs and public healthcare.

For MTD, import cases mainly comprised of:

1. 333 Work Permit Holders; &

2. 70 Work Pass Holders.

Within Work Permit Holders, there are 148 maids.  Do we need so many maids?

• Haha! 2

14 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

I don’t know if it’s Correlation or Causation but I know for sure it’s the other C.

Complacent.

It is always easy to say G is complacent.

On the other hand, there are 148 maids among MTD import cases.

Do we need so many maids?

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

Is it because of CECA or it is because of our economic needs (e.g. we need more construction worker) that resulted in the large number of Indian import?

↡ Advertisement