COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

7 hours ago, inlinesix said:

To me, part of the reason for the latest community cluster is our current workplace practises.

On the rise of import case, there is always an argument btw economic needs and public healthcare.

For MTD, import cases mainly comprised of:

1. 333 Work Permit Holders; &

2. 70 Work Pass Holders.

Within Work Permit Holders, there are 148 maids.  Do we need so many maids?

Not 148 in one house hold. No.

but the need for maids to help out in the day to day living like taking care of the cleaning for the home and the parental needs sometimes is over look by the general population.

I supposed during this critical period, there maybe a need to adjust the returning to home country by The Maid from 10 to 15 years? Maybe until we ride out this crisis. Then turn it back to 10 years.

↡ Advertisement

8 hours ago, Mustank said:

I agree with you 

Since we sign ceca, we should open our doors wide to India. It is a talent surplus country 

To be an inclusive society we should also help them out by paying for vacinne and medical bills from our reserves 

We need to have people help us build the economy and the foreign workers are necessary. Just that there should be some form of improvement in the isolation and containment to reduce the risk of resurgence. We manage to nail to zero for some days and up one or two cases after 3 or 4 days.

we seems to “almost” have it nail down is what I am saying. Then we can return life back to normalcy 

from a data analysis point of view. Are we then infecting them like the mandarin hotel case ? Food for thought..

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 2

Economy economy GDP GDP that’s all it matters isn’t it? 

Cannot wait until at least 50% of the population are vaccinated before opening up? 

• Praise 2

24 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Cannot wait until at least 50% of the population are vaccinated before opening up? 

The GDP is the biggest component of our leaders' KPI, and it also impacts the civil servants' bonus. Hence we can't help but associate their unexplained recklessness with their own income. 

I can't tell whether these folks are in politics for the money or for altruistic reasons.

• Praise 3

27 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

The GDP is the biggest component of our leaders' KPI, and it also impacts the civil servants' bonus. Hence we can't help but associate their unexplained recklessness with their own income. 

I can't tell whether these folks are in politics for the money or for altruistic reasons.

Just replace Benjamins with Ishaks.

7C7F02F8-50B3-4194-A1C4-5F1707782577.jpeg

• Praise 1

On 21/01/2021 at 9:45 PM, Adrianli said:

BCG vaccination since young not helping?

BCG protects 80% of the cases and could stay effective for 15 years , though some may be longer.

Wait till when we host the World Economic Forum in May 2021. I see the country being gradually opened in preparation for the WEF. There will be hundreds, if not thousands, of foreign visitors. Many potential positive cases arriving on our shores. Try telling the foreigners that they need to be confined to the hotels (similar to the Australian Open) and not venture out. They will kick up a fuss. 
I understand the need to open up our economy. Singapore is, after all, a trading port. We need foreign investments and traders. Unfortunately, the social cost may be high when the world comes to Singapore for the WEF.

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Flying_genie said:

Wait till when we host the World Economic Forum in May 2021. I see the country being gradually opened in preparation for the WEF. There will be hundreds, if not thousands, of foreign visitors. Many potential positive cases arriving on our shores. Try telling the foreigners that they need to be confined to the hotels (similar to the Australian Open) and not venture out. They will kick up a fuss. 
I understand the need to open up our economy. Singapore is, after all, a trading port. We need foreign investments and traders. Unfortunately, the social cost may be high when the world comes to Singapore for the WEF.

I hope that all incoming WEF participants/attendees will be required to be vaccinated prior to their arrival but the issue is they are literally coming from all over the world and some countries may not have access to the vaccine by April (Vaccine needs time to take effect.) 

• Praise 1

36 minutes ago, Flying_genie said:

Actually a lot of people do not see what's coming ahead.. Now many people keep thinking about how to fight virus and might neglect on the over big picture. Just like I mentioned about the TraceTogether incident where minister totally forget about the police can use the TraceTogether token to catch people who commit serious crime, then there is also many shopping malls and shops that closed and or locked many exit to comply with safe distancing measures but neglected in fire safety. So from what I see many of us here kept talk about virus and the thinking is no difference, which is just too focused on that which may neglect on other aspect which is as important. 

I would say we really need to brace for another bigger impact that is coming ahead, it got nothing to do with virus but to do with the world economy. The dynamic is changing and will change quickly. So we need to be very nimble and change with the flow very quickly. 

Edited by Yewheng

2 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

By then many people will loss their job. Of course if you holding a very stable job that don't even shake by the Covid, you don't feel it.

My wife is the first to get hit since Covid start, since last Feb already not in full time job. Now is working part time that is not what she is proficient in. And all her colleague are facing the same problems. I don't think a full career change is easy and make sense a her age.

You don't face it yourself,  you will never understand and feel the pain.

• Praise 8

5 minutes ago, Tohto said:

By then many people will loss their job. Of course if you holding a very stable job that don't even shake by the Covid, you don't feel it.

My wife is the first to get hit since Covid start, since last Feb already not in full time job. Now is working part time that is not what she is proficient in. And all her colleague are facing the same problems. I don't think a full career change is easy and make sense a her age.

I don’t even have a full time job bro.

I have done parcel delivery, kitchen crew, driver and forklift driver dealing in rubbish bin.

022457F9-FFC5-4E04-972B-88EA2DA42566.jpeg

I do know that if you open up prematurely, obviously the cases are going to shoot up and after that what happened? The suffering will be prolonged. At least get more people vaccinated first. I’m not even talking about 80%, at least 50%.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 7

21 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

I don’t even have a full time job bro.

I have done parcel delivery, kitchen crew, driver and forklift driver dealing in rubbish bin.

022457F9-FFC5-4E04-972B-88EA2DA42566.jpeg

I do know that if you open up prematurely, obviously the cases are going to shoot up and after that what happened? The suffering will be prolonged. At least get more people vaccinated first. I’m not even talking about 80%, at least 50%.

Good for you.

49 minutes ago, Tohto said:

You have nailed it clearly. This Covid event is bringing different impacts to different people depending on their jobs. Even when the outlook is bleak for most people, there are some sectors doing very well and laughing all the way to the bank. If the fire is not burning your backside definitely you will not panic. That is why the Americans are very against lockdown, primarily due to 1st amendment rights, also due to their hand-to-mouth working culture. No work no money no food on table, simple as that. 

We cannot afford to lockdown forever, but we will always have different opinions about the pace and scope of opening up. Never got a best option unless talking from backside some time later. And quick to point fingers is what we are getting used to seeing and doing.

• Praise 3

Will there be a shortage of N95 masks coming next?

Now there are some noises from the USA echoing those in Europe calling not only for masks to be worn in public places, but N95 masks.

I thought that's a big jump considering these ang mohs won't even cover up with a simple cloth mask for months already.

• Praise 1

On 1/22/2021 at 9:59 PM, 13177 said:

I really want to know how they catch? How they know if a particular household did not exceed the 8 persons visit per day le? 

The number of shoes outside a hdb unit is a dead giveaway.

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

The number of shoes outside a hdb unit is a dead giveaway.

Bring in all the shoes this cny visiting and close the main door also. 😂

• Haha! 1

As of 24 January 2021, 12pm, the Ministry of Health (MOH) has preliminarily confirmed that there are no new cases of locally transmitted COVID-19 infection.

2.      There are 48 imported cases, who had already been placed on Stay-Home Notice or isolated upon arrival in Singapore. Amongst them, 4 are Singapore Permanent Residents, and 10 are foreign domestic workers.

• Praise 2