Just now, Ho2786 said:

to deter all these imported jokers

we need 30 days quarantine at designated areas

forget about staying at their own homes

17 minutes ago, Ho2786 said:

to deter all these imported jokers

we need 30 days quarantine at designated areas

forgot about staying at their own homes

Govt should seriously considering re-open St John's island quarantine facilities. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

13 hours ago, Weez911 said:

The GDP is the biggest component of our leaders' KPI, and it also impacts the civil servants' bonus. Hence we can't help but associate their unexplained recklessness with their own income. 

I can't tell whether these folks are in politics for the money or for altruistic reasons.

If GDP is so important, I do have a wacky idea.  

For foreign workers earning let's say 2500 monthly and above, 20% of their salary (after any cpf deductions) are to be given by the HR to the govt.  In return, the govt will reimburse the salary in the form of cash vouchers.

These cash vouchers will have an expiry date of let's say one to two months.  It can be used to purchase anything in Singapore.  It is equivalent to cash.  Only four exceptions.  They cannot be saved in the bank or changed to foreign currency, remitted overseas, used for any govt services including bills or fines or used for investments.  In short, they must be spent or it will just expire and be forfeited.

This will definitely drive up GDP cos people will be spending instead of hoarding the money.  This is like rediscover vouchers except that you are not bound to spend them on tourism sites.  You can use them for anything within Singapore except those four exceptions.

3 hours ago, Wt_know said:

new zealand Gold standard also cannot fence off covid

2 weeks quarantine or isolation is definitely not enough ... 😬

CB3EFBFC-C9E7-4633-99B8-6946D9087F41.jpeg

And Taiwan too... I am under no illusion that it will be our turn soon. It is going to be a dark winter.

Taiwan Orders up to 5,000 People to Quarantine in Virus Outbreak 
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-24/taiwan-orders-up-to-5-000-people-to-quarantine-in-virus-outbreak

On 24/01/2021 at 10:10 AM, Tohto said:

By then many people will loss their job. Of course if you holding a very stable job that don't even shake by the Covid, you don't feel it.

My wife is the first to get hit since Covid start, since last Feb already not in full time job. Now is working part time that is not what she is proficient in. And all her colleague are facing the same problems. I don't think a full career change is easy and make sense a her age.

You don't face it yourself,  you will never understand and feel the pain.

We are very lucky to be not in all other parts of the world. Look at Malaysia.. Very jia lat.. Malaysia pm even thinking of total shut down econony if the covid-19 situation do not improve. A lot of people losses their jobs already, a total Shut down will make it worst. A lot of people are in very bad shape, with many on the streets bagging for food, some resort to steal essential items in supermarket to feed their kids. 

Look in America, president Biden now talking about printing another  1.9.trillons dollars to help those who is out of jobs. So the solution is to print more money, there seems like no way out. Look at UK, lock down after lock down, people are getting very tired with UK government and nothing gets going, nothing improving. Look at Japan, there is rising suicide rate, although it is not entirely clear why there is rising suicide rate last year, but one of the reason could be because of covid-19 and many suddenly out of jobs and had no much savings to tide on.  The list goes on. 

So actually singapore did quite well in many aspect.. Although it is not perfect like there are some things that could had done better. The most important thing is that how we recovered from these things that government could had done better. Now I feel that beside worrying about covid-19, hope we are not too overly focused on that and neglect on other aspect. Another very worrying factor would be a big change in economic powerhouse is coming. America just can't substain with increasing massive amount of money printing. Their currency crisis is coming. So when that happened, what will the new world economy be like? Who will took over as a new economy powerhouse? Most likely China? People kept talk about v shape recovery, many country do not have v shape recovery except for China last year. That says a lot. 

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Yewheng said:

We are very lucky to be not in all other parts of the world. Look at Malaysia.. Very jia lat.. Malaysia pm even thinking of total shut down econony if the covid-19 situation do not improve. A lot of people losses their jobs already, a total Shut down will make it worst. A lot of people are in very bad shape, with many on the streets bagging for food, some resort to steal essential items in supermarket to feed their kids. 

Look in America, president Biden now talking about printing another  1.9.trillons dollars to help those who is out of jobs. So the solution is to print more money, there seems like no way out. Look at UK, lock down after lock down, people are getting very tired with UK government and nothing gets going, nothing improving. Look at Japan, there is rising suicide rate, although it is not entirely clear why there is rising suicide rate last year, but one of the reason could be because of covid-19 and many suddenly out of jobs and had no much savings to tide on.  The list goes on. 

So actually singapore did quite well in many aspect.. Although it is not perfect like there are some things that could had done better. The most important thing is that how we recovered from these things that government could had done better. Now I feel that beside worrying about covid-19, hope we are not too overly focused on that and neglect on other aspect. Another very worrying factor would be a big change in economic powerhouse is coming. America just can't substain with increasing massive amount of money printing. Their currency crisis is coming. So when that happened, what will the new world economy be like? Who will took over as a new economy powerhouse? Most likely China? People kept talk about v shape recovery, many country do not have v shape recovery except for China last year. That says a lot. 

You kept comparing us with countries that are worse than us, just like the govt.

Why don’t compare to Taiwan and NZ?

• Praise 5
  • Dislike 1
  • Haha! 1

53 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

You kept comparing us with countries that are worse than us, just like the govt.

Why don’t compare to Taiwan and NZ?

Coz you guys sounds like singapore is doing a super bad job where in fact it is not that bad actually. So I use these comparisons lor. Certainly singapore could do better, but at least it is not that bad as you guys keep saying/complaining. 

• Praise 1

41 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Coz you guys sounds like singapore is doing a super bad job where in fact it is not that bad actually. So I use these comparisons lor. Certainly singapore could do better, but at least it is not that bad as you guys keep saying/complaining. 

My point is simple.

Don't keep blaming the locals for the increase of cases but yet keep importing from all over the world. These are from yesterday cases.

Three (Cases 59568, 59579 and 59580) are Short-Term Visit Pass holders. Cases 59579 and 59580 arrived from India to visit their children who are Singapore Permanent Residents and Case 59568 arrived from the US for a work project in Singapore.

Four (Cases 59567, 59574, 59582 and 59583) are Dependant’s Pass holders who arrived from France, India and the UAE.

One (Case 59563) is a Long-Term Visit Pass holder who arrived from India.

Two (Cases 59569 and 59570) are Student’s Pass holders who arrived from Egypt and India.

11 (Cases 59550, 59551, 59562, 59571, 59572, 59573, 59575, 59584, 59585, 59595 and 59596) are Work Pass holders who arrived from Bangladesh, Colombia, France, India, Nigeria and the UAE.

This type also can??  STVP to visit their children, do we really need them? You tell me. 

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 2

25 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

My point is simple.

Don't keep blaming the locals for the increase of cases but yet keep importing from all over the world. These are from yesterday cases.

Three (Cases 59568, 59579 and 59580) are Short-Term Visit Pass holders. Cases 59579 and 59580 arrived from India to visit their children who are Singapore Permanent Residents and Case 59568 arrived from the US for a work project in Singapore.

Four (Cases 59567, 59574, 59582 and 59583) are Dependant’s Pass holders who arrived from France, India and the UAE.

One (Case 59563) is a Long-Term Visit Pass holder who arrived from India.

Two (Cases 59569 and 59570) are Student’s Pass holders who arrived from Egypt and India.

11 (Cases 59550, 59551, 59562, 59571, 59572, 59573, 59575, 59584, 59585, 59595 and 59596) are Work Pass holders who arrived from Bangladesh, Colombia, France, India, Nigeria and the UAE.

This type also can??  STVP to visit their children, do we really need them? You tell me. 

Look at the latest cluster.  It is likely due to bad HR practises.

That need to be changed 

• Praise 2

let all these people come in

just keep them 30 days in concentration camps lah

can kill salah but cannot let go salah

everyone is covid carrier unless tested negative.

Edited by Ho2786

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/economy/10-year-plan-for-singapore-manufacturing-to-grow-50-by-2030-chan-chun-sing

On one hand ccs is doing his best to do what is best for singapore. On the other hand there are many people just don't understand the effects and keep saying government should not import foreigners as they keep import new case. Very difficult you know, I not working for them, but from what I see its a balance and trade off. As of current, the balance is still quite okay what.. All is contained within the boundary of circles. 

Edited by Yewheng
↡ Advertisement