COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

4 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Raffles medical got standard. 

Yup had mine first jab last evening at Pungol CC manage by Raffles.. very orderly.. from arrived till depart took me abt 45mins or so. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

3 hours ago, Wt_know said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/12/coronavirus-india-becomes-second-worst-hit-country-as-covid-cases-surge.html

HEALTH AND SCIENCE

India overtakes Brazil to become the second-worst hit country as Covid cases soar

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 1

8 hours ago, bsswan said:

And, honestly, it is better for us if FW given a vaccine at ~95-96% efficacy than one at only ~56%.

It's the smart move for all of us!!!

Gets us to herd immunity faster. Pointless using a less efficient vaccine 

NZ recently ordered all-mRNA as well. (Pfizer)

Supersonic
25 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Huat ah!

Wonder what are they waiting for? They really think the SHN are impenetrable.

Indians just don't care, what masks ? what safe distancing ?

Several million Hindus have gathered to take a dip in the Ganges river as a deadly second Covid-19 wave continues to sweep India.

The devotees are marking an auspicious bathing day on Monday at the Kumbh Mela religious festival in Haridwar city in the Himalayan state of Uttarakhand.

Officials say they are struggling to impose safety norms due to huge crowds.

Hindus believe the river is holy and bathing in it will cleanse them of their sins and bring salvation.

The Kumbh Mela takes place every 12 years and the venue is chosen from amongst four cities, including Allahabad, Haridwar, Nasik and Ujjain.

Haridwar's turn to host the gathering came amid a sharp rise in the number of coronavirus infections, with India consistently reporting more than 100,000 cases daily in the past few weeks.

On Monday, India logged more than 168,000 new cases, overtaking Brazil to become the country with the second-highest number of cases globally.

With the total case tally of more than 13.5 million cases, India is now only behind the United States which has reported more than 31 million cases. With 13.4 million cases, Brazil is now at number three.

Health experts had appealed for the Kumbh Mela festival to be cancelled, but the government went ahead saying safety rules would be followed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-56713993

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

17 hours ago, Jellandross said:

I went amk for first jab. Service level was top notch even received bottled water, free box of mask and bottle of hand wash. My wife say she got nothing from another centre LOL

Someone here ( @Blueray )  better, he got a nurse to jab him ..... :we-all-gonna-die:

I can for go the box of mask and bottle of drink in exchange for a candle light dinner with her ....  :inlove:

Nurse 02.jpg

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

4 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Who is the first now? Still USA?

USA tok-kong .... :yuush:

Leading with more than 34 millions cases ... [smash]

Just like Olympic Gold medals tally standing, always leading ...  :chilling:

• Haha! 2

29 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

USA tok-kong .... :yuush:

Leading with more than 34 millions cases ... [smash]

Just like Olympic Gold medals tally standing, always leading ...  :chilling:

See see my BFF made USA number 1.

:D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

20 hours ago, bsswan said:

As far as I know we didn't order the Sinovac, they just arrived.

And, honestly, it is better for us if FW given a vaccine at ~95-96% efficacy than one at only ~56%.

dont worry mix mix a bit can improve liao

China mulls mixing COVID-19 vaccines to improve efficacy of jabs

BEIJING: China is considering the mixing of different COVID-19 vaccines to improve the relatively low efficacy of its existing options, a top health expert has told a conference.

Authorities have to "consider ways to solve the issue that efficacy rates of existing vaccines are not high", Chinese media outlet The Paper reported, citing Gao Fu, the head of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.

His comments mark the first time a top Chinese expert has publicly alluded to the relatively low efficacy of the country's vaccines, as China forges ahead in its mass vaccination campaign and exports its jabs around the world.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/covid-19-china-mulls-mixing-vaccines-to-improve-efficacy-of-jabs-14600406

china-is-considering-the-mixing-of-diffe

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Windwaver said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/12/coronavirus-india-becomes-second-worst-hit-country-as-covid-cases-surge.html

HEALTH AND SCIENCE

India overtakes Brazil to become the second-worst hit country as Covid cases soar

the challenge for any country is tradition often trumps (no pun intended for our US friends) science and logic.

festival-holi-india-happymind-travels.jp 

Edited by Jellandross

11 hours ago, Windwaver said:

HEALTH AND SCIENCE

This is still a very bad metric.

We are better to review "Cases/Head of Population". In this case, the US #8, Brazil #41, Bangladesh #141, Pakistan #146 and India #125. For reference, Singapore is #121 so, technically, more cases but, of course, I would say our case numbers are more accurate.......except for the point many dormitory cases here are not included in our numbers.

As the world approaches 3M deaths, it is interesting that the UK is #13 on the "Deaths/Head of Population" after the introduction of vaccines where a few months ago it was #4-6 type level. On this one, Singapore does very well at #191, one place above New Zealand.

{Worldometer}

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Huat ah!

Wonder what are they waiting for? They really think the SHN are impenetrable.

SHN + TT = Gold Standard [:p]

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Who is the first now? Still USA?

yes, should be USA still.

• Haha! 1

On 3/24/2021 at 7:49 PM, Twister said:

Yes, public transport will be jam packed again....

And most importantly ERP going to turn ON liao.... 🤑

I rather they tweak it so that 50 % wfh instead of 75 %.

but the office rental rate will plunge. The fuel usage will plunge . So taxes will dipped. 

I wonder car lite era like what we had during Covid will be the right scheme because that is what we would be experiencing. 

if the total eco system from working to car usage is advocated, it would be a perfect fit for what the city state needs .

during this Covid situation, I also noticed a few populations increased due to wfh. Perhaps wfh will be the better good of increasing our singaporean population.. 

Fake news lah.

China vaccine is 100% effective.

All the Xi supporters faster come support me.

Don't say I bias against China.

:D

I have 100% confidence in China vac.

If China vac was available I would have booked my own MIL for China vac instead of that lousy Fizer.

30 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

China mulls mixing COVID-19 vaccines to improve efficacy of jabs

• Haha! 1

37 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

I rather they tweak it so that 50 % wfh instead of 75 %.

but the office rental rate will plunge. The fuel usage will plunge . So taxes will dipped. 

I wonder car lite era like what we had during Covid will be the right scheme because that is what we would be experiencing. 

if the total eco system from working to car usage is advocated, it would be a perfect fit for what the city state needs .

during this Covid situation, I also noticed a few populations increased due to wfh. Perhaps wfh will be the better good of increasing our singaporean population.. 

I guess soon they will increase to 100%, esp looking at the measures they have relax in many sectors so far.

On 4/12/2021 at 7:58 AM, Wt_know said:

pfizer vaccine? cannot be sinovac right  [sly] 

https://mothership.sg/2021/04/covid-19-update-april-11-full/

12A29B22-C635-44BB-87AF-44C63A0E9743.jpeg

this is the answer for some ppl who kpkb ask why after vaccination still need wear mask

Migrant worker who tested positive for COVID-19 completed vaccination

"This case is a reminder that it is possible for vaccinated individuals to get infected. But the vaccine is effective in preventing symptomatic disease for the vast majority of those vaccinated."

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-first-dorm-resident-test-positive-6-weeks-14600946 

the-majority-of-singapore-s-more-than-58

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 3

20 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

this is the answer for some ppl who kpkb ask why after vaccination still need wear mask

vaccinated not equal to "immune" ... muahahaha

some more pfizer and moderna efficacy was tested with control group

we can bet that if pfizer and moderna to test in brazil and india public now ... their efficacy may be 50% chance tio covid .... :secret-laugh:

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1