COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/covid-19-india-new-cases-kumbh-mela-gather-elections-14612276

NEW DELHI: India reported a record 168,912 COVID-19 infections overnight, data from the health ministry showed on Monday (Apr 12), overtaking Brazil to become the second-most affected country globally by the coronavirus.

India's overall tally reached 13.53 million, surpassing Brazil's 13.45 million cases, according to data compiled by Reuters. The United States led the global tally with 31.2 million cases.

the raising cases and the celebration of the holiday will explode the numbers.

hopefully, the vaccines for the Indians can help curb the raising numbers.

else radx going to be on overtime for the next few years

It seems natural herd immunity (without vaccination) will never work. It has been a year but their numbers are still rising. 

Let's hope the vaccines can handle variants effectively, otherwise wearing of mask is never going away. Hopefully these vaccines can reduce severity and life can get back to normal with Covid becoming just another flu to be managed 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

It seems natural herd immunity (without vaccination) will never work. It has been a year but their numbers are still rising. 

Let's hope the vaccines can handle variants effectively, otherwise wearing of mask is never going away. Hopefully these vaccines can reduce severity and life can get back to normal with Covid becoming just another flu to be managed 

saw somewhere (but forgot where i saw) that vaccination reduce chance of being infected, and even if infected the severity of infection is also much reduced ..

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Tohto said:

Quite a high position somemore... stupidity no cure.

Former deputy lead of MOH data unit charged under Official Secrets Act with leaking Singapore's COVID-19 case tally 22 times

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/former-moh-deputy-lead-osa-covid-19-case-numbers-leak-14615394

so many times also .. what is going on?! 

the info is usually released to press anyway so it is to show that i know first?

I read that Vaccine does not protect from infection but the disease itself. Meaning that we will get infected but the virus will have less chance to develop in us to make us ill and infectious...

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Tohto said:

Former deputy lead of MOH data unit charged under Official Secrets Act with leaking Singapore's COVID-19 case tally 22 times

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/former-moh-deputy-lead-osa-covid-19-case-numbers-leak-14615394

1 position in MOH now opens for application.

• Haha! 3

47 minutes ago, Mooose said:

saw somewhere (but forgot where i saw) that vaccination reduce chance of being infected, and even if infected the severity of infection is also much reduced ..

Explained in laymen term.

Our language. Hahaha

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
6 hours ago, Tohto said:

They have very new-citizeny type of name though, no?

• Haha! 2

25 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

They have very new-citizeny type of name though, no?

But there is also one period of time only hanyupinying name was used here only for a few years.  If I am not wrong in the mid 80s.

My cousins only has hanyupinying name. 

11 minutes ago, Tohto said:

But there is also one period of time only hanyupinying name was used here only for a few years.  If I am not wrong in the mid 80s.

2 syllabus

26 minutes ago, Tohto said:

This one only 2 Chinese characters, ah tiong new citizen la. And she has the tiong look.

She’s stupiak, stupid and should be piak.

Edited by Fcw75

Even if recovered doesn't mean safe already... This covid really not simple.

People who have recovered from COVID-19 may be at risk of developing blood clots: Singapore study

SINGAPORE: People who have recovered from COVID-19, especially those with pre-existing cardiovascular conditions, may be at risk of developing blood clots due to a lingering and overactive immune response, a Singapore study has found.

The study, led by Nanyang Technological University (NTU) scientists, investigated the possible link between COVID-19 and an increased risk of blood clot formation, shedding light on the medium- and long-term consequences of infection, or “long-haul COVID”, NTU said in a news release on Tuesday (Apr 13).

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/long-haul-covid-19-blood-clots-recovered-ntu-singapore-14612592

ntu-covid-19-blood-clot-study.jpg

Edited by Jellandross

New Covid-19 cluster in S'pore after man from Papua New Guinea linked to 3 other cases

SINGAPORE - The sole Covid-19 case reported in the community on Wednesday (April 14) has been linked to three other cases in the country, prompting the Ministry of Health (MOH) to announce a new local cluster.

The patient, a 44-year-old Papua New Guinea national, arrived in Singapore from Australia on March 25 on a short-term visit pass for a work project.

Two of the other cases in the cluster are his co-workers, who arrived on a separate flight from Papua New Guinea, said MOH.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/new-local-covid-19-cluster-reported-first-since-march-25

Singapore got 5.6m people, nobody can do that project work ? 

• Praise 1