COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

Turbocharged
16 hours ago, Tohto said:

But there is also one period of time only hanyupinying name was used here only for a few years.  If I am not wrong in the mid 80s.

My cousins only has hanyupinying name. 

Not sure about that. I know there was a time when registering for NRIC, the pinyin name was affixed in brackets, but not completely replacing the dialect name. And some of our teachers called us by the pinyin name!

Turbocharged
46 minutes ago, Blueray said:

New Covid-19 cluster in S'pore after man from Papua New Guinea linked to 3 other cases

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/new-local-covid-19-cluster-reported-first-since-march-25

Singapore got 5.6m people, nobody can do that project work ? 

It's more like no one wants to do this kind of job. Our society especially current generation of parents, all have "aspiration" for the kids, who want to touch these jobs?

Not that it's low-paying or low-educated, mind you. Often times in oil/gas, shipping industries, I see those people in dirty overalls etc., expats and foreign professionals are brought in for very specialized jobs. I doubt our society's mindset has yet fully accepted this kind of career for the kids.

• Praise 3

19 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Not sure about that. I know there was a time when registering for NRIC, the pinyin name was affixed in brackets, but not completely replacing the dialect name. And some of our teachers called us by the pinyin name!

Yes, I have the pinyin and dialect.

But in mid 80s a few years with only pinyin. That create quite a lot of unhappiness as it will caused lost of the traditional dialect surname.

Ah Tan, Ah Lim, Ah Ang will all gone disappear.

20 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

It's more like no one wants to do this kind of job. Our society especially current generation of parents, all have "aspiration" for the kids, who want to touch these jobs?

Not that it's low-paying or low-educated, mind you. Often times in oil/gas, shipping industries, I see those people in dirty overalls etc., expats and foreign professionals are brought in for very specialized jobs. I doubt our society's mindset has yet fully accepted this kind of career for the kids.

spore top 3 dream jobs

a. Youtuber ... age 30 drive Lambo

b. Instagrammer

c. TikToker 

:secret-laugh:

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 4

42 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

spore top 3 dream jobs

a. Youtuber ... age 30 drive Lambo

b. Instagrammer

c. TikToker 

:secret-laugh:

I know one tables cleaner that owned many Rolex Watches, loved Cuban Cigars and when comes to payment, term 'full cash' ...  :we-all-gonna-die:

:grin:

• Haha! 4

Re closing border to specific group.

Wuhan virus: No ban on travellers from China at the moment, as Govt cautions against overreacting

SINGAPORE — Cautioning against overreaction and xenophobia, National Development Minister Lawrence Wong said on Monday (Jan 27) that a complete ban on travellers from China due to the Wuhan coronavirus is not necessary at the moment.

Education Minister Ong Ye Kung, who was also at the press conference, added: “Imagine that at the height of Sars… other countries (decide) to get Singaporeans out of the country.

“We will become a target as well and can be hit hard. Do not do unto others what you do not want others to do unto you.”

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/wuhan-virus-no-ban-china-travellers-moment-govt-cautions-against-overreacting

spoken by the 2 guys in the running for the top job ...

• Praise 1

18 hours ago, Jellandross said:

People who have recovered from COVID-19 may be at risk of developing blood clots: Singapore study

No wonder some of the non mRNA vaccines causes blood clots.

14 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Re closing border to specific group.

Wuhan virus: No ban on travellers from China at the moment, as Govt cautions against overreacting

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/wuhan-virus-no-ban-china-travellers-moment-govt-cautions-against-overreacting

spoken by the 2 guys in the running for the top job ...

Infected traveler from South Asia could be 40% of total imported post CB.

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

No wonder some of the non mRNA vaccines causes blood clots.

blood clot also must see is clot where.

for those on reckless driver and reckless cyclist videos, should be blood clot in the brain. [grin]

• Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, Beregond said:

is there a news about allowing 50 ppl for sport??

Pilot mass runs, cycling events of up to 250 participants now allowed under new COVID-19 guidelines

SINGAPORE: Pilot sport events with mass participation are now allowed, with new guidelines released by Sport Singapore (SportSG) on Tuesday (Apr 6) stipulating up to 250 participants a session in waves of up to 50.

Mass runs, open-water swims, cycling and triathlon events are some examples that typically fall under this category.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/pilot-sport-event-mass-participation-250-covid-19-guidelines-14566766

I want to be in the wave that has 49 [gorgeous] ...

2 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Pilot mass runs, cycling events of up to 250 participants now allowed under new COVID-19 guidelines

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/pilot-sport-event-mass-participation-250-covid-19-guidelines-14566766

I want to be in the wave that has 49 [gorgeous] ...

yup. i saw this, then no more report on it or the details.... liao.....

cannot wait to get my 11 v 11 game back.......

↡ Advertisement