COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

Turbocharged
55 minutes ago, Chongster said:

Oyk is a bit gung-ho, a risk taker, and based on what he said about not shutting schools, doesn’t seem to respect the virus enough...

i like him actually but have my doubts about him as MOH in a pandemic that now seems to be worsening 

on hindsight, the not shutting school decisions was right, without a shadow of a doubt. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

15 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Oh, that’s a well known fact liao ma. Nepal, Maldives, UAE, Sri Lanka.

Some even have an all-inclusive package for Indians to do that to come Singapore.

Even our own Kar Cheng also gave them suggestions.

I hope he contracts COVID interacting with indians from india in SG and well... the rest is up to fate :D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

10 minutes ago, Beehive3783 said:

I hope he contracts COVID interacting with indians from india in SG and well... the rest is up to fate :D

I suggest we crowd fund and ship him to India with a one way ticket. 😁

• Haha! 4

36 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

yeah, i think our vaccination rate is still too low to relax. it should be at least 50% or more.

We are only 14.5% and also dealing with reinfections... 

Screenshot_20210429-100853.png

• Shocked 1

31 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

I suggest we crowd fund and ship him to India with a one way ticket. 😁

No need la.. send him to Bayshore area can liao... or that Indian restaurant at Clarke Quay on Sundays :D

• Haha! 2

14.5% and want to open up. Clap clap clap...

No wonder everyday papers keep saying VACCINE ARE SAFE. People also scared.

• Haha! 2

24 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

on hindsight, the not shutting school decisions was right, without a shadow of a doubt. 

I agree.

As we can see today, there's a lot of panic whenever any unlinked community cases pop up.

But the main point is not eliminating every single incoming case, but making sure they never spread.

As much as I find our current restrictions somewhat annoying, I have to admit they remain very effective.

In particular, general mask usage and group size of max 8 definitely sets a limit on spread.

Did anyone read about the recent superspreader event in Fiji? A single person managed to infect 500 people at a funeral. Outside our dorms, I don't see the same happening here - too many layers of protection. Apparently super spreader events account for 80% of all infections, so "eliminating" their potential is a big deal.

We still have too little vaccination coverage for vaccines to act as a population buffer - we need to get +50% coverage before they really kick-in, like in Israel & UK. Hopefully we'll get there in a few months.

The best we can do is GET VACCINATED! I've got 2nd jab coming up next week.

• Praise 5

20 hours ago, bsswan said:

Fingers crossed we're not far away ourselves after all, this comes from Jedi Fauci, not Biden.

CDC has said less than 10% of cases had been contracted outdoors, and that the chances of getting it was "slim" and near zero with vaccination, so long as people are still sensible. Oh, wait........ I've just put "US" and "sensible" in the same sentence, oops. Jewish owned space lasers starting forest fires, anybody?

Fauci is confused at present moment ... [grin]

Receiving "confusing signals" from many sources and none reliable ... :ouch-it-hurts:

Got the 'confusing flu bug' from @SiLangKia  [:p]

• Haha! 2

10 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Jialat she and doctor belong to 5% in efficacy of vaccine

Actually the vaccine only protects against severe symptoms / hospitalization for 95% of vaccinated cases that are infected. 

The vaccine does not block viral transmission to others and neither does it prevent symptoms from being expressed. 

• Praise 4

2 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

OYK today must be like Jit Pai Siao Liao....

think he quite suay....

in transpork ministry,  travel bubble burst...

now in MOH, covid bubble form in hospital...

• Haha! 3

11 minutes ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Actually the vaccine only protects against severe symptoms / hospitalization for 95% of vaccinated cases that are infected. 

The vaccine does not block viral transmission to others and neither does it prevent symptoms from being expressed. 

Not entirely the full story - it blocks 90% of symptomatic spread as well.

Also transmission is certainly suppressed, enough to make a difference at population level.

• Praise 4

19 minutes ago, Strat said:

think he quite suay....

Actually he still havent start his new role in MOH yet. Technically he is still MOT minister now. Lol.

Edited by 13177
  • Haha! 3

16 minutes ago, Strat said:

think he quite suay....

Aviod putting him in Finance Ministry ..... [lipsrsealed]

Wait S$1  :  RM$2

:XD::XD:

• Haha! 4

1 hour ago, CremornePt said:

We still have too little vaccination coverage for vaccines to act as a population buffer - we need to get +50% coverage before they really kick-in, like in Israel & UK. Hopefully we'll get there in a few months.

The best we can do is GET VACCINATED! I've got 2nd jab coming up next week.

In hindsight, the UK decision to delay second shots of AZ to 3-months was a good call - concentrate first on as many people as possible. Their rate of fully vaccinated people is relatively low, but they have more than half of adults with their first shot and seconds are progressing well now. Israel, well, their on their own planet with regards efficiency.

Healthcare England stated that after just one shot, transmission was cut between 35 and 50% while we can all see the effect on daily hospitalisations and deaths - COVID is no longer the biggest killer in England, it's now all the diseases and ailments the population garnered while not attending hospital over the last year because they were either too scared of catching COVID in hospital, or "public spirited" not to put the health care system under added pressure.

I have a second shot coming next week also........ May the Force be with Me 😁☺️, picking the date on purpose.

Edited by bsswan
  • Praise 7

1 minute ago, bsswan said:

In hindsight, the UK decision to delay second shots of AZ to 3-months was a good call

It absolutely was - smart move. Even 2 weeks after 1st jab (all vaccines), there's already significant protection.

• Praise 1

50 minutes ago, CremornePt said:

Not entirely the full story - it blocks 90% of symptomatic spread as well.

Also transmission is certainly suppressed, enough to make a difference at population level.

Ah my bad. 

Thanks for correcting. 👍

Have not kept up with the latest COVID medical literature. 

• Praise 1

Come to think of it, should the current Health Minister not take responsibility for the outbreak at TTSH? Please, no more "NO blame culture" nonsense... 

Situation doesn't look good from what I know, stay tuned for official news later.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8
  • Sad 2
  • Haha! 5