COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

5 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

I had the impression construction worker predominately from Pakistan and blangedshi while Indian are mostly IT and finances?

No. Indian and bangladeshi. But increasingly I see the indian proportion rising for last 2 years.

• Praise 4

25 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

More to come... 

I wonder why they are making piece meal announcements. SCDF and ambulance service providers have been instructed not to send anyone to TTSH since this morning. 

High people call it: Measured approach

Coffeeshop people call it 

Spoiler

走一步看一步 :grin:

• Haha! 5

4 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Indian flying in from other countries.

Travel history needs to be extended to 60 days.

That quite drastic but at this point in time if really need to come in n use up 60 days. They must really want to come to SG .

just that I want to add a twist to this. Any forgery of the quarantine warrants a canning sentence 

• Praise 1

21 hours ago, CremornePt said:

South Korea - vaccinated travellers exempt from quarantine...

Unclear if this also applies for foreigners - if so, Singaporeans could utilise this.

(although currently we still need quarantine coming back home)

Gov't to Exempt Fully Vaccinated People from Mandatory Quarantine

http://world.kbs.co.kr/service/news_view.htm?lang=e&Seq_Code=161157

Starting on May 5, fully vaccinated people will be exempt from an otherwise mandatory two-week self-quarantine after coming into contact with an infected patient or when arriving from overseas. 

In a Wednesday briefing, senior Health Ministry official Yoon Tae-ho said people who have received both vaccine doses, have test negative and are without symptoms will not be required to enter the isolation period. 

He added, however, they will be monitored for two weeks, during which they will be tested twice. Monitoring refers to a daily report of their health status made to authorities.

Yoon said the exemption will not apply to those arriving from countries where virus variants are prevalent such as South Africa and Brazil. Those vaccinated overseas with Russian or Chinese vaccines that are not authorized in South Korea will also be excluded.

When no need quarantine come back Jeju here I come.

:D

With wife and kids and no MIL.

• Haha! 2

7 minutes ago, noobcarbuyer said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/possible-covid-cluster-at-ttsh-of-concern-but-no-need-to-be-paranoid-about-it

SINGAPORE - The possible Covid-19 cluster at Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH) is of concern, but there is no need to be overly worried, said several experts. 

Not sure what to make of this. 

We are asked time and time again, to trust this amorphous panel of experts. 

We were told to trust them when we were encouraged not to wear masks unless feeling unwell.

And we were told that they had the 'dormitory question' under control, back before things took a dive off the cliff.

We were told that vaccines were the path back to normalcy.

We were told that we cannot shut ourselves off from the world as we are a globally connected city and hence cannot close our borders to certain nations undergoing full blown outbreaks. 

Edited by noobcarbuyer
  • Praise 7
  • Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, noobcarbuyer said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/possible-covid-cluster-at-ttsh-of-concern-but-no-need-to-be-paranoid-about-it

SINGAPORE - The possible Covid-19 cluster at Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH) is of concern, but there is no need to be overly worried, said several experts

healthy no need to wear mask, said several experts .... :secret-laugh:

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 5
  • Haha! 2

1 minute ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Not sure what to make of this. 

We are asked time and time again, to trust this amorphous panel of experts. 

And each time, they have come up short. 

I know they are trained doctors but now see these ‘experts’ talked also sian.

Don’t see Leong Hoe Nam talked anymore.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

That quite drastic but at this point in time if really need to come in n use up 60 days. They must really want to come to SG .

just that I want to add a twist to this. Any forgery of the quarantine warrants a canning sentence 

With current situation in India, it is better to implement it now.

Otherwise, we will see an explosion of cases.

• Praise 5

1 minute ago, Fcw75 said:

I know they are trained doctors but now see these ‘experts’ talked also sian.

Don’t see Leong Hoe Nam talked anymore.

the world is like that ... it's not what they want to talk ... it's what they want people to listen .... 

if they talk the walk ... walk the talk ... all cheong to NTUC and SS liao ... 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

The nurse has taken both shots of the vaccine,  and it's been 4 weeks from the 2nd shot.  Technically she is protected and ppl around her "safe".  Who would expect her to be infected? What would you do if you were in charge? 

It's a hospital, and she is a care taker.  The place is in door and contact is close.  Do you expect the hospital to pretend nothing has happen? 

I see it as the right thing to do. Lockdown the Ward,  contact trace and cut off contact from outside asap.  In the worst case the hospital become a big cluster,  at least it doesn't spread into the community. 

It's easy to sit behind the computer and criticize,  condemn and complaint,  hoping for the gov to make mistakes and fall.  But please understand that should that happens, it will be at the expense of us common folks. May not be you, but it could be someone your family knows.  May not be now, but it could be you later. 

I hope ppl understand,  and let's hope for the best and for things to get under control asap. 

I pray for TTSH.... 

• Praise 14

3 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

healthy no need to wear mask, said several experts .... :secret-laugh:

Because our mask was exported?
🤭

No mask no wear lo

↡ Advertisement