COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

4 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

The nurse has taken both shots of the vaccine,  and it's been 4 weeks from the 2nd shot.  Technically she is protected and ppl around her "safe".  Who would expect her to be infected? What would you do if you were in charge? 

It's a hospital, and she is a care taker.  The place is in door and contact is close.  Do you expect the hospital to pretend nothing has happen? 

I see it as the right thing to do. Lockdown the Ward,  contact trace and cut off contact from outside asap.  In the worst case the hospital become a big cluster,  at least it doesn't spread into the community. 

It's easy to sit behind the computer and criticize,  condemn and complaint,  hoping for the gov to make mistakes and fall.  But please understand that should that happens, it will be at the expense of us common folks. May not be you, but it could be someone your family knows.  May not be now, but it could be you later. 

I hope ppl understand,  and let's hope for the best and for things to get under control asap. 

I pray for TTSH.... 

just to clarify ... even for all vaccinated health care staff (ie: nurse) ... 2 shots

all of them still adhering to strict protection safety protocol, right?

so where is the breach? [sly]  [sweatdrop] 

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Because our mask was exported?
🤭

No mask no wear lo

We were given 4 masks remembered? 🥴

4 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

the world is like that ... it's not what they want to talk ... it's what they want people to listen .... 

if they talk the walk ... walk the talk ... all cheong to NTUC and SS liao ... 

Yep, govt mouthpiece.

You bought toilet paper?

3 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

just to clarify ... even for all vaccinated health care staff ... 2 shots

all of them still adhering to strict full protection safety protocol, right?

I think only at the check in administration area they put on full PE.  I don't think they do it now at the clinics and wards. 

This nurse is serving the general wards if I am not wrong. 

• Praise 2

10 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

just to clarify ... even for all vaccinated health care staff (ie: nurse) ... 2 shots

all of them still adhering to strict protection safety protocol, right?

so where is the breach? [sly]  [sweatdrop] 

What breach?

10 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

Got covid meh?

Snaking queues at IKEA Jem on opening day occupy 2 levels, customers waited since 9am

Snaking queues were seen outside the newly opened IKEA Jem on April 29, with queues appearing to occupy the entire area.

https://mothership.sg/2021/04/long-queue-ikea-jem/

ikea-queue.jpg

photo_2021-04-29-09.56.05.jpeg

photo_2021-04-29-09.56.24.jpeg

this is actually shocking .. ikea is not a new entrant into the market .. people here have seen their stuff for years and years .. and even now as this queue snakes on anyone can decide to go to one of their other two outlets and see practically the same stuff .. or if you find that too far to travel they also have a website .. yes yes its is not the same if you cannot sit on their sofa and bounce on their beds .. but worth the time wasted standing in line or the risk of infection?

• Praise 1

24 minutes ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Not sure what to make of this. 

We are asked time and time again, to trust this amorphous panel of experts. 

We were told to trust them when we were encouraged not to wear masks unless feeling unwell.

And we were told that they had the 'dormitory question' under control, back before things took a dive off the cliff.

We were told that vaccines were the path back to normalcy.

We were told that we cannot shut ourselves off from the world as we are a globally connected city and hence cannot close our borders to certain nations undergoing full blown outbreaks. 

I see the name Dale Fisher, iirc, he was one of the assperts who said don't need to ban flights from India ... [;)]

• Praise 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Freeder said:

Ask them pls dun discuss bubbles..

Sibei sway....

Indeed sway. Everytime when they announced bubble travel, cases sure will surge and resulted the bubble is burst. This is second time liao.

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

Indeed sway. Everytime when they announced bubble travel, cases sure will surge and resulted the bubble is burst. This is second time liao.

It means heaven is telling us to fark the travel bubble with HK.  

Go find someone else. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 3

43 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

The nurse has taken both shots of the vaccine,  and it's been 4 weeks from the 2nd shot.  Technically she is protected and ppl around her "safe".  Who would expect her to be infected? What would you do if you were in charge? 

It's a hospital, and she is a care taker.  The place is in door and contact is close.  Do you expect the hospital to pretend nothing has happen? 

I see it as the right thing to do. Lockdown the Ward,  contact trace and cut off contact from outside asap.  In the worst case the hospital become a big cluster,  at least it doesn't spread into the community. 

It's easy to sit behind the computer and criticize,  condemn and complaint,  hoping for the gov to make mistakes and fall.  But please understand that should that happens, it will be at the expense of us common folks. May not be you, but it could be someone your family knows.  May not be now, but it could be you later. 

I hope ppl understand,  and let's hope for the best and for things to get under control asap. 

I pray for TTSH.... 

I agree. 

And I had been supportive of the government's course of action all this while, and continue to do so. 

But the past few days have been very worrying precisely because the worker dormitories, hospitals and ports of entry have been identified from the beginning as frontline contact areas that are ring-fenced from the community at large, has regular testing done, are first in line for vaccinations and are operating with strict infection control / social distancing measures in place.

These areas are in theory the most secure from such clusters being formed and yet here we stand with 2 active clusters, one in a major acute care hospital and another in a large workers' dormitory. 

Not forgetting another COVID positive case was picked up yesterday, who works at Terminal 1 Changi Airport as an immigration officer. 

The common denominator of all 2 clusters and one additional case are that they involve individuals who have already been vaccinated. The dorm cluster is also unique in that it involves workers who were thought to have been infected previously and hence assumed to be immune.

Just one cluster would have been worrisome enough.

2 clusters indicate that some process or protocol or assumption is not working as it should. 

And I understand that the most recent data from CDC indicates being fully vaccinated (received both shots) reduces risk of infection by 90%. As such, there must be many more cases and carriers within the community for both clusters to show up within days of each other. 

We can consider the regular testing of workers in the high risk sectors as a canary in the mine. 

The canary in the mine is chirping. And that has me concerned.

• Praise 3

39 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

It means heaven is telling us to fark the travel bubble with HK.  

Go find someone else. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

It could also be a different MoT is required for bubble to work

😂

• Haha! 1

JUST IN:

Community: 16

Imported: 19

Total 35

7 of today's community cases are family members of Case 62517, an ICA officer at Changi Airport Terminal 1.  8 are linked to Case 62541, the TTSH nurse. Further updates will
be shared via the MOH press release that will be issued tonight.

https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/16-new-cases-of-locally-transmitted-covid-19-infection

Wow when was the last time we had double digit community case?

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 4
  • Sad 4
  • Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Raubern said:

JUST IN:

Community: 16

Imported: 19

Total 35

7 of today's community cases are family members of Case 62517, an ICA officer at Changi Airport Terminal 1.  8 are linked to Case 62541, the TTSH nurse. Further updates will
be shared via the MOH press release that will be issued tonight.

https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/16-new-cases-of-locally-transmitted-covid-19-infection

Wow when was the last time we had double digit community case?

Last year IIRC.  

Don't know if will lock down again.

↡ Advertisement