COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Woman who was given MC for symptoms similar to Covid-19 infection allegedly took son to pre-school
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/woman-on-sick-leave-for-respiratory-infection-accused-of-bringing-son-to-and?

When these people issued with MC for respiratory infection which requiring to stay at home, how they got caught siah? Since now so many people are given such MC?!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

10 hours ago, Wind30 said:

I am more worried about the cold chain requirement for Pfizer... 

I wouldn't be.

The initial reason for these ultra low storage temperature was the need for rapid certification to get the new vaccines onto the market ASAP.

Out of abundant caution, at the time the manufacturers would only "guarantee" stability at -70 degs C.

However, Pfizer quickly adjusted their guidance after additional testing emerged. 

http://www.pmlive.com/pharma_news/pfizerbiontech_say_their_covid-19_vaccine_can_be_stored_at_warmer_temperatures_1363845

According to Pfizer/BioNTech, the new data demonstrates that their vaccine can be stored at temperatures of  -25°C to -15°C, temperatures commonly found in pharmaceutical freezer and refrigerators.

Moderna even suggest vaccines can be stored at refrigerator temps for 3 mths.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/moderna-covid-vaccine-double-b932327.html

The vaccine firm also said new data suggests its shots can be stored safely for up to three months at refrigerator temperatures, making it easier to get them to hard to reach areas that may not have access to freezers. “

“That might be a breakthrough that really matters in 2022 in Africa and across lower and middle income countries,” added Mr Hoge.

Finally I remember reading, that Singapore targets minimum local storage time. Shots don't sit in local storage for months (apart from Sinovac 😀), but move quickly from arrival to someone's arm.

So I wouldn't lose any sleep over this.

Edited by CremornePt
  • Praise 3

5 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

I agree. 

And I had been supportive of the government's course of action all this while, and continue to do so. 

But the past few days have been very worrying precisely because the worker dormitories, hospitals and ports of entry have been identified from the beginning as frontline contact areas that are ring-fenced from the community at large, has regular testing done, are first in line for vaccinations and are operating with strict infection control / social distancing measures in place.

These areas are in theory the most secure from such clusters being formed and yet here we stand with 2 active clusters, one in a major acute care hospital and another in a large workers' dormitory. 

Not forgetting another COVID positive case was picked up yesterday, who works at Terminal 1 Changi Airport as an immigration officer. 

The common denominator of all 2 clusters and one additional case are that they involve individuals who have already been vaccinated. The dorm cluster is also unique in that it involves workers who were thought to have been infected previously and hence assumed to be immune.

Just one cluster would have been worrisome enough.

2 clusters indicate that some process or protocol or assumption is not working as it should. 

And I understand that the most recent data from CDC indicates being fully vaccinated (received both shots) reduces risk of infection by 90%. As such, there must be many more cases and carriers within the community for both clusters to show up within days of each other. 

We can consider the regular testing of workers in the high risk sectors as a canary in the mine. 

The canary in the mine is chirping. And that has me concerned.

Well,  if we look at what is happening around the world, this pandemic is far from under control. How many countries have waves after waves? How many countries are able to contain the virus to zero case for more than 100 days? 

SG is part of the world, and SG alone is not going to be able to fight this battle alone. As long as the world is not able to contain the virus together,  it is unjustified to expect SG to maintain a low to zero case. 

We forgot that we have come a long way from the thousands of cases a day to our current condition,  and not a 2nd wave of attack.  We are so used to having zero cases and 1-2 cases a day that we now think that 20 cases a day will turn on the CB. 

The gov is not the only party involved in this battle.  The equation involve many factors, and we are also part of it.  The world is part of it.  

敌暗我明, the virus can attack from anywhere and everywhere, so it is not unexpected to see sparks of clusters showing up here and there,  now and then. 

Logically,  do we really think that our current system is foolproof and we can stop the virus totally all by ourselves?  That would be naive.  

The gov can put up a system,  but for the system to work,  the ppl need to cooperate.  All it takes is one irresponsible person and the system will be challenge,  and sparks a fire. 

So if we cannot control the attack,  we will have to put out the fire as quickly as possible,  to bring casualties rate to the lowest possible.  But don't expect no casualty at all, that's not going to happen. 

How fast we can round up the clusters and isolate them from the rest is the key,  while expecting no clusters is not realistic. 

These clusters are far from over, the battle we are face with is far more than these.  But we have to be realistic,  and not expect the gov to do magic... 

And yah, some ppl going call me IB for this, but whatever.....  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 18

3 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

I repost this.

A12E8007-CA41-446A-A5EC-B13CAB1BB00A.jpeg

Maybe because our media is ranked 160 out of 180.

What is it that India has over SG that compels the bunch of 4G goons to act the way they did towards India?

Easy. It's the billions and billions of SGD invested in India thru Temasek's quasi-govt entities (Singtel, SIA, DBS etc). 

Why national media is hopeless in probing?

Easy. Who dares to question Ho Ching? She wears the pants in the house, not Ah Loong. 

• Haha! 6

25 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Well,  if we look at what is happening around the world, this pandemic is far from under control. How many countries have waves after waves? How many countries are able to contain the virus to zero case for more than 100 days? 

SG is part of the world, and SG alone is not going to be able to fight this battle alone. As long as the world is not able to contain the virus together,  it is unjustified to expect SG to maintain a low to zero case. 

We forgot that we have come a long way from the thousands of cases a day to our current condition,  and not a 2nd wave of attack.  We are so used to having zero cases and 1-2 cases a day that we now think that 20 cases a day will turn on the CB. 

The gov is not the only party involved in this battle.  The equation involve many factors, and we are also part of it.  The world is part of it.  

敌暗我明, the virus can attack from anywhere and everywhere, so it is not unexpected to see sparks of clusters showing up here and there,  now and then. 

Logically,  do we really think that our current system is foolproof and we can stop the virus totally all by ourselves?  That would be naive.  

The gov can put up a system,  but for the system to work,  the ppl need to cooperate.  All it takes is one irresponsible person and the system will be challenge,  and sparks a fire. 

So if we cannot control the attack,  we will have to put out the fire as quickly as possible,  to bring casualties rate to the lowest possible.  But don't expect no casualty at all, that's not going to happen. 

How fast we can round up the clusters and isolate them from the rest is the key,  while expecting no clusters is not realistic. 

These clusters are far from over, the battle we are face with is far more than these.  But we have to be realistic,  and not expect the gov to do magic... 

And yah, some ppl going call me IB for this, but whatever.....  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

OYK had already copied and paste your post above for his PR team to be paraphrased into the official ministry's PR response to the new clusters soon 😁

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Haha! 7

30 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

It's good to have the sharing of ideas and I respect your opinion. 

You are indeed right that no system is foolproof, but neither should we let our guard down and depend on assumptions to allow the reopening of the economy. 

The main quibble I have is how the events / narrative are being protrayed.

At first, the media was assuring the public that those who were infected even after being vaccinated was due to them not completing the 2 dose regimen or have not built up the necessary immunity after the 2nd dose.

Now that the clusters in TTSH and Changi Airport involve fully vaccinated staff who completed the vaccine regimen back in February, the media are treating each cluster as a mutually exclusive event.

No one is asking how did those fully vaccinated, in Changi Airport, in TTSH and in the workers dorm get infected and pass on the infection to others so easily in a series of super spreader events?

CDC has released clinical data that full vaccination protects 90% of the vaccinated against infection. With 3 fully vaccinated individuals infected, does it not go to reason that 27 vaccinated individuals (and likely much more if we use the 80-20 principle) have been exposed and yet were not infected? Does that not mean that there are other chains of transmission going undetected within the wider unvaccinated community? 

All the clusters occured within days of each other! And all these are happening in areas where social distancing / infection control / testing / vaccination are strictly compulsory or actively encouraged. 

Sometimes the simplest answer is the most accurate. If the active clusters are popping up within all three of the most heavily monitored areas of our society and economy, then in all likelihood, there is definitely further transmission in the wider, less well monitored areas of the community. 

Edited by noobcarbuyer
  • Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

20 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

OYK had already copied and paste your post above for his PR team to be paraphrased into the official ministry's PR response to the new clusters soon 😁

No lah.  Is the opposite. 

I is IB mah, this is PAP give me paper ask me to reply one.  I is BTC,  I is no know what meaning I writhing also, me just follow what my master ask me do only.... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 2

Everyone is very quick to blame our community outbreaks on the influx of overseas COVID-19 cases, but most remain strangely silent when talking about our own local jokers' continued lack of compliance with measures like masking. 

I still see unmasked jokers in pretty much every car workshop I visit. Ditto with small car dealerships. This has been a constant occurrence over the last few months. I'm sure the same applies to many other SMEs.

So, you tell me, whose fault is it? CECA? The gahmen? Mata for not catching everyone? Or all these bladdy "common Sinkies" for not giving a crap about basic hygiene and infection control measures, who are probably (and ironically) also the first to rail against CECA and the gahmen on pisspot kpkb keyboard hero sites like EDMW? 🙄

Definition of super-duper irony. One car workshop boss remained totally unmasked, along with all his workers, while offering me an unlimited number of free promotional Castrol cloth masks that had been given to him and were just lying out there in nice plastic wrappers right on his desk. True story. 😂

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 6
  • Haha! 3

28 minutes ago, noobcarbuyer said:

It's good to have the sharing of ideas and I respect your opinion. 

You are indeed right that no system is foolproof, but neither should we let our guard down and depend on assumptions to allow the reopening of the economy. 

The main quibble I have is how the events / narrative are being protrayed.

At first, the media was assuring the public that those who were infected even after being vaccinated was due to them not completing the 2 dose regimen or have not built up the necessary immunity after the 2nd dose.

Now that the clusters in TTSH and Changi Airport involve fully vaccinated staff who completed the vaccine regimen back in February, the media are treating each cluster as a mutually exclusive event.

No one is asking how did those fully vaccinated, in Changi Airport, in TTSH and in the workers dorm get infected and pass on the infection to others so easily in a series of super spreader events?

CDC has released clinical data that full vaccination protects 90% of the vaccinated against infection. With 3 fully vaccinated individuals infected, does it not go to reason that 27 vaccinated individuals (and likely much more if we use the 80-20 principle) have been exposed and yet were not infected? Does that not mean that there are other chains of transmission going undetected within the wider unvaccinated community? 

All the clusters occured within days of each other! And all these are happening in areas where social distancing / infection control / testing / vaccination are strictly compulsory or actively encouraged. 

Sometimes the simplest answer is the most accurate. If the active clusters are popping up within all three of the most heavily monitored areas of our society and economy, then in all likelihood, there is definitely further transmission in the wider, less well monitored areas of the community. 

I cannot disagree with you on many points.  In fact earlier this week,  I did mention in another thread my question on the infection after 2nd shot of the vaccine. 

But I don't think the SG gov is hiding anything.  Given that they depends heavily on WTO for information and the vaccine is relatively new. They can only share what they were told. 

Let them do their investigations and report their findings, that's their job. We,  however can choose to believe or otherwise. 

However,  I do also feel that there is definitely a possibility of a further transmission in the wider, less well monitored areas of the community. Like I mentioned earlier,  it's there and always there, and it can attack anywhere and everywhere.  Not possible to eliminate it totally in the community,  can only wait for it to attack and isolate it asap.  

Until someone find the real solution...  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

56 minutes ago, noobcarbuyer said:

This is the most worrying. 

35 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

No lah.  Is the opposite. 

I is IB mah, this is PAP give me paper ask me to reply one.  I is BTC,  I is no know what meaning I writhing also, me just follow what my master ask me do only.... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

If I'm the MOH, that's all I can say for now, really. But they had to paraphrase and put it across in a more sophisticated way, peppered with terms such as "ring-fencing", "circuit breaker" etc 

• Haha! 1

The wife of the ICA officer works as a nurse at TTSH. What a plot twist. But there is no link between her and the TTSH cluster according to MOH

• Shocked 2

Turbocharged

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/covid-19-ica-officer-who-tested-positive-was-charge-clearing-changi-airports-inbound

The Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) officer who tested positive for Covid-19 on April 27 is a deputy team leader at Changi Airport who was deployed to process the arrival clearance of travellers at Terminal 1

上得山多终遇虎 chinese saying, go up mountain enough times will finally meet tiger.

Edited by Etnt
  • Praise 5

Turbocharged
11 hours ago, Wind30 said:

From the numbers of cases I doubt the nurse is patient zero of the ttsh cluster... looks like she is one of the victims?

seem like patiant zero from one of the patient who got fever on apr 16...

from the number of cases tested positive looks unlikely to be nurse who just fell sick.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

when you have zero to very low cases for a long time, complacency is bound to happen.

maybe this ttsh is a good wake up call. I stopped coming to covid thread for many weeks until recently as seems to be ok already...

although I am very paranoid, I am getting my vaccine today as I feel it is a matter of time one gets covid. maybe not soon but it is really only a matter of time. So it is either you get it without protection or with vaccine....

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 5

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/signal-to-the-world-singapore-ready-and-waiting-for-australia-travel-bubble-20210423-p57ls5.html

“We had our own unilateral opening in the hope that it would spur some reciprocation, which obviously hasn’t happened,” Singapore Tourism Board chief executive Keith Tan told The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age.

“Nevertheless it was a signal to the world that Singapore was already prepared to open our borders in a safe way and a considered way.”

“We were not throwing up high walls.

6 hours ago, Raubern said:

The wife of the ICA officer works as a nurse at TTSH. What a plot twist. But there is no link between her and the TTSH cluster according to MOH

if no link between ICA and TTSH then its more worrying [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1