COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

2 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

No worries., tnp was also transparent in reporting..,

Dr Asok Kurup, who chairs the Academy of Medicine's Chapter of Infectious Disease Physicians, thinks Singapore may have "inadvertently imported some cases into the country which have fallen through the cracks and infiltrated the community".

hmmmmm ...... Kuching Kurup words very the powderful  ..... :ph34r: :wut:

:XD:

• Haha! 1

Looks like I am not the only one with misgivings about how the events of the past couple of weeks have been reported and the use of a panel of amorphous experts to support the above mentioned narrative. 

Bertha Henson was a former editor of the Straits Times. 

20210430_130358.png.431446b36b168a054999b829bd0412ae.png

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 2

Now that there are leaks of the virus into the wider community, the social distance ambassadors have to buck up and do their work properly. No more reminder or give chance, it has to be fine fine fine from now on. I still see these red shirt people around (presence is there) but their enforcement is not there that's why we see so many people not wearing mask properly. I also saw people pulling their masks down when talking on the phone, talking to each other, or simply not wearing it to cover their mouth and nose.

Come on SDA, do your job properly. 

To the Ministry in-charge, you should reward these SDA not just based on hourly but also on the number of fines they issued. That should do the trick.

Don't say I just snipe from the side or only provide hindsight. I'm providing recommendations now. 

If you want to take this further, let your SDA operate in pairs. 1 take pic and 1 chase after the responsible person. Issue a fine with the pic. 

Suggest to start outside MBS. Half the people there don't wear masks.

Also, be more strict on recalcitrant foreigners. See my next post.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 4
  • Shocked 1

And recalcitrant foreigners should be sent back home after 2 instances of non-compliance. Doesn't matter whether they are from the mighty USA or merely sovereigns. They should respect our laws on virus prevention. Make it public (ST, IG, Yahoo, expat forums, etc) and they will learn.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 3

42 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

You already said it. A dog don’t bark do what? 😬

Anyway, I called him Kar Cheng because what does an a**hole do? Shit come out.

think he is a*s--pert in this

gongjiaoway.jpg

• Haha! 4

4 minutes ago, Blueray said:

piangz.

better check if he from Uptron ACL one ...  [;)]

Didn't you notice 

"Masks should be used by people who don't feel well and are coughing, so as to protect others, said the World Health Organization's (WHO) head of mission and representative to Malaysia, Brunei Darussalam and Singapore Dr Jacqueline Ying-Ru Lo. "

4 hours ago, Jamesc said:

A lot of our success is due to luck and not effort.

Many people don't wear mask or don't wear it properly.

The reason there is no cluster at your workshop is only  because how many CECA own cars and go to workshops?

:D

Lucky only common sinkies buy cars and spend a fortune at the workshops.

If not we will be like India.

Once again, James, you prove yourself wise beyond your lesbian-trapped-in-a-man's-body years. 

However, we should emphasise the lack of car ownership is not because CECA are poor. Far from it. 

They're smart and just prefer to put money in appreciating assets.

Like buying a million dollar condo so they can bully old Sinkie unker security guard and become social media star. 

We must show we truly understand their wisdom. 

Lest we be called xenaphobic. 

I would hate to be called xenaphobic.

I have always admired Lucy Lawless. 

😁

• Haha! 3

saw a CNA interview with Prof Paul T this morning.

he said we should be looking closely at re-infection numbers to make sure it does not exceed the performance spec by too much, if it does, could mean the cold logistic process for the vaccine may have failed. 

a different aspect worth taking note of. 

• Praise 5
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Blueray said:

he said we should be looking closely at re-infection numbers to make sure it does not exceed the performance spec by too much, if it does, could mean the cold logistic process for the vaccine may have failed. 

I saw too. Someone here was also mentioning about the cold logistic process here too. Might make the vaccine ineffective. 

Was it @Ender?

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Scion said:

i wonder what's his agenda?

barking all day long on FB

is he now one of the "experts" for covid and vaccination?

he has anything to backup his claim of "vaccinated people will not fall severely sick or die"?

I read it and half-thinking he was trying to be sarcastic [laugh]

Turbocharged
11 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Will be really *face palm* if is logistic issue.

Which brings to mind, did they ever check the antibody response of those who have been vaccinated? Seems logical thing to do right? Periodically even as the vaccination progresses, not just at the very beginning of the campaign.

14 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

I saw too. Someone here was also mentioning about the cold logistic process here too. Might make the vaccine ineffective. 

Was it @Ender?

Both @Wind30 and myself had that concern. When it was my turn in the cubicle with the 'nurse, the vaccine already in the cubicle. It wasn't just taken out from some freezer. So I am worried it was sitting out from the freezer for sometime. And my shot was 6:30pm, don't know for how long liao. 

I didn't suffer from any adverse side effect either for my 1st jab.  Was i given a blank shot or is my immune system lousy like a old folks?

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
16 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Will be really *face palm* if is logistic issue.

Which brings to mind, did they ever check the antibody response of those who have been vaccinated? Seems logical thing to do right? Periodically even as the vaccination progresses, not just at the very beginning of the campaign.

my old classmate say they do random testing on vaccinated people to test the response. So the answer is a definate yes. I did not dig further how random and comprehensive is that testing. I don't think anyone here in MCF is called up for serology tests after vaccination right?

It was quite funny because one of my doc friend took a private serology test and it was negative... so he was asking about why and so the discussion started. In short, the reason for that is my doc friend could have done the WRONG kind of serology test (there seems to be two kinds) or the cold chain has failed. I think they are worried about the cold chain and should be monitoring. 

I don't think my classmate can reveal too much but I think obvious stuff like cold chain, they are pretty on the ball

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged
7 minutes ago, Ender said:

Both @Wind30 and myself had that concern. When it was my turn in the cubicle with the 'nurse, the vaccine already in the cubicle. It wasn't just taken out from some freezer. So I am worried it was sitting out from the freezer for sometime. And my shot was 6:30pm, don't know for how long liao. 

I didn't suffer from any adverse side effect either for my 1st jab.  Was i given a blank shot or is my immune system lousy like a old folks?

I just took my first jab. My arm is really sore. It is kind of obvious. The injection is very fast and painless but the sore comes on after like 1 hour...

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged

I think the other thing is the Covid test accuracy. This TTSH cluster started with a false negative and he was sent to a general ward. 

I don't work in hospitals but even if a guy is not Covid positive but with fever and respiratory symptoms, isn't there measures to prevent spread? 

Depending on the Covid test accuracy, I thought it is worth it to do double testing for hospital admissions for people with obvious respiratory symptoms. 

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

I just took my first jab. My arm is really sore. It is kind of obvious. The injection is very fast and painless but the sore comes on after like 1 hour...

Sore nothing lah 

very common one 

:grin:

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1