COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

Twincharged
7 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Good good,  later I going for me BD lunch with my family,  quieter better...  [:p][laugh][laugh]

Happy birthday 🎂🍻💃

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

TTSH cluster still spreading...

14 new community COVID-19 cases in Singapore, including 11 linked to Tan Tock Seng Hospital cluster

Fourteen community cases were among the 39 new COVID-19 infections reported in Singapore as of noon on Sunday (May 2), the Ministry of Health (MOH) said in its preliminary daily update.

Among them, 11 cases are linked to the Tan Tock Seng Hospital cluster and were detected from the ministry's proactive testing of patients, visitors and staff members at the hospital.

The cluster has now grown to 27 COVID-19 cases.

Of the other three community cases, two are linked to previous cases and one is currently unlinked.

The remaining 25 cases were imported and were placed on stay-home notice or isolated upon arrival in Singapore, the ministry said.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-cases-imported-community-moh-hospital-ttsh-may-2-14731190

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

Twincharged
34 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

the big question is TTSH SMM protocol [sly] 

Simi is SMM? Sorry not familiar with term...

But I think if you look deeply into safety measures, you might find things that will embarrass the top.

I recall a case when I was still a student nurse so no link to it.  But those in medical field can relate to it, i think.   

There was a court case in the 1990s when a nurse was charged with negligence that resulted in the death of a patient in a nursing home.  The cause was a medication error.  During the trial, it was found that the nurse was solely in charge of 300 patients.  So according to my lecturer, the judge found her guilty of negligence but also commended her for taking care of 300 patients.  Not sure what happened to management as a result and I don't work in nursing homes so never see if situation is better  now after 20 years.

So in this case, looking too deeply and you may find the situation so bad that you wonder.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Simi is SMM? Sorry not familiar with term...

But I think if you look deeply into safety measures, you might find things that will embarrass the top.

I recall a case when I was still a student nurse so no link to it.  But those in medical field can relate to it, i think.   

There was a court case in the 1990s when a nurse was charged with negligence that resulted in the death of a patient in a nursing home.  The cause was a medication error.  During the trial, it was found that the nurse was solely in charge of 300 patients.  So according to my lecturer, the judge found her guilty of negligence but also commended her for taking care of 300 patients.  Not sure what happened to management as a result and I don't work in nursing homes so never see if situation is better  now after 20 years.

So in this case, looking too deeply and you may find the situation so bad that you wonder.

Safe Management Measures ... i assume border control and hospital has the highest level of SMM protocols 

https://www.mom.gov.sg/covid-19/requirements-for-safe-management-measures

Edited by Wt_know

Just now, Philipkee said:

Dunno why I was thinking school of military medicine 

U mean u actually think?!!!

wow!!

• Haha! 6

Turbocharged
45 minutes ago, Civic101 said:

There you go - you mean our ministars and scholars are not aware of such practices in CECA land?

They think every other country got certificate means legit since certificate means everything in civil service

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Tohto said:

Who had bought HK flight ticket, time to ask for refund.

Those who have bought the last HK bubble, really speechless this time to get refund yet again. 😅

• Haha! 3

16 minutes ago, Didu said:

TTSH cluster still spreading...

14 new community COVID-19 cases in Singapore, including 11 linked to Tan Tock Seng Hospital cluster

Fourteen community cases were among the 39 new COVID-19 infections reported in Singapore as of noon on Sunday (May 2), the Ministry of Health (MOH) said in its preliminary daily update.

Among them, 11 cases are linked to the Tan Tock Seng Hospital cluster and were detected from the ministry's proactive testing of patients, visitors and staff members at the hospital.

The cluster has now grown to 27 COVID-19 cases.

Of the other three community cases, two are linked to previous cases and one is currently unlinked.

The remaining 25 cases were imported and were placed on stay-home notice or isolated upon arrival in Singapore, the ministry said.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-cases-imported-community-moh-hospital-ttsh-may-2-14731190

Wonder why they are not calling a spade a spade. 

This fits all definitions of a super-spreader event. 

And most worrisome is the fact that this occured in one of our larger acute care hospital, with stringent infection controls, effective safe management measures and staffed by mostly vaccinated healthcare workers & auxiliaries. 

Given that this varient spread like wildfire within a controlled setting, I don't fancy our chances once it gets a firm hold in our community. 

• Praise 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 2

Just now, noobcarbuyer said:

Wonder why they are not calling a spade a spade. 

This fits all definitions of a super-spreader event. 

And most worrisome is the fact that this occured in one of our larger acute care hospital, with stringent infection controls, effective safe management measures and staffed by mostly vaccinated healthcare workers & auxiliaries. 

Given that this varient spread like wildfire within a controlled setting, I don't fancy our chances once it gets a firm hold in our community. 

Then next 14 days critical

they shd mitigate max now!!!

short scale lockdown would be in order

• Praise 11
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, RadX said:

Then next 14 days critical

they shd mitigate max now!!!

short scale lockdown would be in order

That one must wait for our PM to don his pink superhero getup and appear on TV again. 

But yes, a short lock down or even a limited circuit breaker will be necessary for the authorities to get a chance to take control of the situation again.

• Praise 1

(edited)

This is why we are going to face an uphill battle. 

Most of the visitors / discharged patients / staff of the affected TTSH wards have been going about their daily lives in the community for the last couple of weeks. 

This particular case is most worrisome because she was only detected when she went for an appointment at KTPH due to a unrelated condition. And by then she was already feverish and exhibiting classic symptoms of COVID (which she did not seek treatment / professional diagnosis for). 

Screenshot_20210502-184021_Chrome.thumb.jpg.446b11eb356c3e2471185f467c058af4.jpg

Edited by noobcarbuyer
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
10 minutes ago, noobcarbuyer said:

That one must wait for our PM to don his pink superhero getup and appear on TV again. 

But yes, a short lock down or even a limited circuit breaker will be necessary for the authorities to get a chance to take control of the situation again.

Maybe it's time to stop dine-in, implement even/odd entry across all shopping malls not just Peninsula Plaza/Lucky Plaza for 2 weeks. Very big impact for retail businesses, but no choice.

Either this or later kanna another 1 mth CB again which many businesses can ill afford to. I think we are already behind the curve with mutated strains running amok. 

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 6
  • Haha! 2

3 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Maybe it's time to stop dine-in, implement even/odd entry across all shopping malls not just Peninsula Plaza/Lucky Plaza for 2 weeks. Very big impact for retail businesses, but no choice.

Either this or later kanna another 1 mth CB again which many businesses can ill afford to. I think we are already behind the curve with mutated strains running amok. 

Short term acute pain vs Long term chronic hardship. 

I will pick short term pain anyday. 

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
17 minutes ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Don't forget the magical cup he uses.. whahahahahahah..

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic

Till now, there’s still plane loads of CECAs flying in....

Seems to me this gov is still adhering to the Ceca Zhua Pact diligently... 

🙏🏻😔

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
10 minutes ago, Freeder said:

Till now, there’s still plane loads of CECAs flying in....

Seems to me this gov is still adhering to the Ceca Zhua Pact diligently... 

🙏🏻😔

They only stopped long term and short term passes. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1