COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

Supersonic

For a long time, we had almost 0 covid cases, then suddenly there's a big TTSH cluster.

That couldn't have come from the local community. It must have been imported. 

As long as we keep opening for imported cases, there will be just the 1 that slip through and restart all over again.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

Hypersonic

Rise in imported COVID-19 cases due to surge worldwide, but experts say Singapore has 'strong' quarantine measures

Experts said Singapore does have strong quarantine measures to keep imported cases from spreading locally.  

"In that regard, I don’t find the rise in the number of imported cases to be extremely concerning. We have quite strong quarantine measures in place, which blocks off most of the risk of spread to the resident population," said Associate Professor Alex Cook, vice dean of research at the National University of Singapore's Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-imported-cases-surge-worldwide-singapore-measures-14043816

interview with assperts in Jan 2021.

[;)]

• Angry 1

3 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Rise in imported COVID-19 cases due to surge worldwide, but experts say Singapore has 'strong' quarantine measures

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-imported-cases-surge-worldwide-singapore-measures-14043816

[;)]

we actually is sibeh go thru motion country.  Just look at the temperature taking at mall using forehead or palm.   i think it's the NS...  

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
11 minutes ago, Chongster said:

we actually is sibeh go thru motion country.  Just look at the temperature taking at mall using forehead or palm.   i think it's the NS...  

you mean we aim the forehead and shout "bang! bang!" ?

• Haha! 2

Twincharged
9 minutes ago, Blueray said:

[;)]

Problem with covid is one case can change everything very fast.  

If I were the G, I would do these three things beyond the normal quarantine.

1)  Conduct tests on all passengers coming to singapore at airport of embarkation.  I would use the rapid antigen test.  So now there are two checks.  One is the cert showing they are negative for covid 19.  The second would be the rapid antigen test.  This test would be done by the airline crew (if SQ) or MOH staff (if not SQ).  While the test is not fool proof, we would have filtered off the obviously sick.  We don't have to do this for all countries, just the high risk ones.  And even if the negative cert if fake, we still have done our checks.

2)  Vaccinate all incoming passengers.  Maybe with the sinovac  :D  It is assumed that once you agree to fly to Singapore, you agree for the vaccination if no allergies.  It does not matter if you are negative or have already been vaccinated.  We will jab you and the price will be in the price of the quarantine.  I am sure supply from China would not be an issue.

3)  Have specified 24 hour polyclinics to take the outpatient load off the hospitals at night.  Admissions cannot be helped but drunkards and those with minor ailments who need observation but no admission can be decanted there.  Staffing would be an issue but we can use army medics and doctors to assist.

My two cents.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
47 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

For a long time, we had almost 0 covid cases, then suddenly there's a big TTSH cluster.

That couldn't have come from the local community. It must have been imported. 

As long as we keep opening for imported cases, there will be just the 1 that slip through and restart all over again.

Still curious is it's a specific new variant that's defeated vaccination... 🤔

• Praise 1

Supersonic
51 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Sian, I have 3 hard-to-book reservations in the next 4 weeks. Hope situation won't get too bad by then.

在5月份享有6晚免费住宿!新加坡滨海湾金沙: 😟😟😟😓😓😓😓😓😓),于5月3日至15日享有6晚免费客房优惠!访问预订网页 rebrand.ly/RMLWS ,或拨打+65 6688 9980以预订您的优惠。此优惠需至少2晚的预订。促销客房有限。附带条款, rebrand.ly/chcrmtc 

滨海湾金沙酒店已荣获“新加坡保洁运动”(SG Clean)认证。欲知详情,请点击 rebrand.ly/sgcl

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
14 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Problem with covid is one case can change everything very fast.  

If I were the G, I would do these three things beyond the normal quarantine.

1)  Conduct tests on all passengers coming to singapore at airport of embarkation.  I would use the rapid antigen test.  So now there are two checks.  One is the cert showing they are negative for covid 19.  The second would be the rapid antigen test.  This test would be done by the airline crew (if SQ) or MOH staff (if not SQ).  While the test is not fool proof, we would have filtered off the obviously sick.  We don't have to do this for all countries, just the high risk ones.  And even if the negative cert if fake, we still have done our checks.

2)  Vaccinate all incoming passengers.  Maybe with the sinovac  :D  It is assumed that once you agree to fly to Singapore, you agree for the vaccination if no allergies.  It does not matter if you are negative or have already been vaccinated.  We will jab you and the price will be in the price of the quarantine.  I am sure supply from China would not be an issue.

3)  Have specified 24 hour polyclinics to take the outpatient load off the hospitals at night.  Admissions cannot be helped but drunkards and those with minor ailments who need observation but no admission can be decanted there.  Staffing would be an issue but we can use army medics and doctors to assist.

My two cents.

1 is already done. passenger come in is tested. not sure PCR or rapid test..

then compulsory 14 day hotel.. if have home able to isolate then can 14 day at home.

problem is 14 days no longer the incubation period. maybe more with new variants.

not sure if the new variants undetectable by antigen rapid test due to it look for the proteins of the original strain. hope MOH still use PCR test.

procedure is test on arrival. and test at 14 days later. and lift SHN when test negative.

a recovered patient should not have the antigen but may shed genetic material. so hard to interpret the test and need to use serological test to look for antibody..

antibody may also disappear or not develop at all.

so the devil is in the details.

• Praise 5

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Short term acute pain vs Long term chronic hardship. 

I will pick short term pain anyday. 

See...? All the whatever economic gains from being open legged can be erased overnight..just ask those lucky plaza shop owners..myopic gahmen..

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
37 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

1 is already done. passenger come in is tested. not sure PCR or rapid test..

then compulsory 14 day hotel.. if have home able to isolate then can 14 day at home.

problem is 14 days no longer the incubation period. maybe more with new variants.

not sure if the new variants undetectable by antigen rapid test due to it look for the proteins of the original strain. hope MOH still use PCR test.

procedure is test on arrival. and test at 14 days later. and lift SHN when test negative.

a recovered patient should not have the antigen but may shed genetic material. so hard to interpret the test and need to use serological test to look for antibody..

antibody may also disappear or not develop at all.

so the devil is in the details.

Recently just extend to 21 days for India arrival. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
13 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Good good,  later I going for me BD lunch with my family,  quieter better...  [:p][laugh][laugh]

Happy Birthday

• Praise 1

Supersonic
13 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Good good,  later I going for me BD lunch with my family,  quieter better...  [:p][laugh][laugh]

Happy Birthday

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Recently just extend to 21 days for India arrival. 

i feel 21 days may be too short. cant explain how the indian variant slipped in for sure. we definitely have the indian variant here

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/india-covid-19-b1617-variant-17-countries-singapore-who-14707844

Edited by Nolicense
  • Praise 4

Hypersonic
2 minutes ago, zipping said:

Happy Birthday

2 minutes ago, zipping said:

Happy Birthday

Thanks Bro!!! [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

@Tianmo Happy Birthday. A cake with 寿桃 for you. Friend enough? :a-toast:

3499-IMG_0458.JPG

I am contemplating if to split out those post relating to your BD from this thread, as yours is meant to be an happy occasion,  while COVID is no joking matter...

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 4

Hypersonic
5 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

@Tianmo Happy Birthday. A cake with 寿桃 for you. Friend enough?

3499-IMG_0458.JPG

I am contemplating if to split out those post relating to your BD from this thread, as yours is meant to be an happy occasion,  while COVID is no joking matter...

Thanks Bro....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

But I dont know how to accept the cake wor, 60 I am not yet, and "爸爸" from you is like errrrrrrr................:huh:[:p][laugh]

Do whatever you feel like it, BD is not something I am too concern with. It just happen to be brought up, without any intention......[laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4