COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

Turbocharged
16 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

This one you are right. If you are the only one on SHN and the rest of the household are not, you are not allowed to do your SHN at home. 

But people have been caught for lying until SHN officers go to spot check.

my views on this kind of people has always been the same. 

Put their names on newspapers... go hard on them. similarly if you are on MC and still go out for a meal gathering of 8 people, you deserve some publicity too.

I feel there is always that portion of population without common sense which cannot be convinced nicely. The stick is really the way to go... and it is kind of necesarry for the public good.

↡ Advertisement

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/be-obsessed-with-wearing-masks-properly-experts-urge-compliance-14731868

SINGAPORE: The growing number of COVID-19 clusters in the community are a concern, experts said, as they urged people to take existing safety measures seriously and monitor their health.

Senior consultant at the National University Hospital’s division of infectious disease Professor Dale Fisher said that the community cases are a “major test” for Singapore.

“The question is whether our public health systems and community behaviours can respond adequately to avoid another circuit breaker,” said Prof Fisher, who is also chair of the national infection prevention and control committee at the Ministry of Health (MOH).

He urged people not to go out unnecessarily for the next few weeks and to minimise mingling with people outside their households.

He encouraged people to be “obsessed” with wearing masks properly and exercising hand hygiene, and social distancing “especially when eating and drinking”.

“I am very concerned that we could lose control, yet we know by tightening our efforts we can defeat this surge together. This has to be a community effort,” he said.

• Praise 1

2nd Gear
43 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

... not sure but I THOUGHT if you have housemates who is not under SHN, you cannot do SHN and need to go to dedicated facilities. correct me if I am wrong. 

Evidently not as this MOH document shows.

https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/files/MOH-Health-Advisory-SHN.pdf

"2. Avoid contact with other persons residing in the same place of residence who are not serving SHN with you. "

• Shocked 2

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Scion said:

people say it's not right to ban the (new) citizens from coming home like Australia, not fair to them

but is it fair to the (old) citizens like you and me? putting all of us in risk?

😩

And why these new citizens had to go back to india? All work WFH in India when Singapore was having crisis just last year? And now all wants to come back. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Scion said:

people say it's not right to ban the (new) citizens from coming home like Australia, not fair to them

but is it fair to the (old) citizens like you and me? putting all of us in risk?

😩

then they go home, infect the whole country, and whole country lockdown again. unfair to every 1 also ma.

we in the mist of global pandemic for more then 1 year already , if now u are still out of country, it would be assume u know the risk and accept them

i think we should learn from them. do we want to let a small minority effect the whole country? in seem we forgot the pain of lockdown already.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
8 minutes ago, noobcarbuyer said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/be-obsessed-with-wearing-masks-properly-experts-urge-compliance-14731868

SINGAPORE: The growing number of COVID-19 clusters in the community are a concern, experts said, as they urged people to take existing safety measures seriously and monitor their health.

Senior consultant at the National University Hospital’s division of infectious disease Professor Dale Fisher said that the community cases are a “major test” for Singapore.

“The question is whether our public health systems and community behaviours can respond adequately to avoid another circuit breaker,” said Prof Fisher, who is also chair of the national infection prevention and control committee at the Ministry of Health (MOH).

He urged people not to go out unnecessarily for the next few weeks and to minimise mingling with people outside their households.

He encouraged people to be “obsessed” with wearing masks properly and exercising hand hygiene, and social distancing “especially when eating and drinking”.

“I am very concerned that we could lose control, yet we know by tightening our efforts we can defeat this surge together. This has to be a community effort,” he said.

Knn this Dale Fisher. Just shut his mouth la.

He just go where the wind blow and a govt mouthpiece.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

Hypersonic
19 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

my views on this kind of people has always been the same. 

Put their names on newspapers... go hard on them. similarly if you are on MC and still go out for a meal gathering of 8 people, you deserve some publicity too.

I feel there is always that portion of population without common sense which cannot be convinced nicely. The stick is really the way to go... and it is kind of necesarry for the public good.

Sorry I add on. It depends on where you come from also. High risk or low risk.

Turbocharged
9 minutes ago, JanM said:

Evidently not as this MOH document shows.

https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/files/MOH-Health-Advisory-SHN.pdf

"2. Avoid contact with other persons residing in the same place of residence who are not serving SHN with you. "

https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/health/shn/sdf

I THINK this is the latest one, it got explicitely state out who can do residence SHN.

Hypersonic
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

This one you are right. If you are the only one on SHN and the rest of the household are not, you are not allowed to do your SHN at home. 

But people have been caught for lying until SHN officers go to spot check.

And that's how breached occur and shows  weakness and inadequacy of the safety measure in place. All should be quarantined in dedicated facility with stricter control.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
3 minutes ago, Ender said:

And why these new citizens had to go back to india? All work WFH in India when Singapore was having crisis just last year? And now all wants to come back. 

my friend joked that because last year Singapore was having hundreds/thousands of cases daily, so they ran back to motherland

now motherland is having 300k cases daily, so they run back here

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4

Supersonic
4 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Knn this Dale Fisher. Just shut his mouth la.

He just go where the wind blow and a govt mouthpiece.

from "no need" to "obsessed" .... worst than big cannon mouth ... 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
15 minutes ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Dale Fisher? B4 this said TTSH outbreak no cause for concern now dramatic U turn say something else? Whoa..calvin cheng, dale fisher leong hoe name..all have lost credibility...mebbe the folks at Hardwareware Zone more trustworthy...[laugh]

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

Hypersonic
15 minutes ago, noobcarbuyer said:

I stopped reading at Dale Fisher ..... :XD::XD::XD:

• Haha! 5

More concerningly, it appears that the short term visitors to the TTSH ward 9D are infected so readily? I would have though they would be considered transient contacts?

Given the well ventilated nature of Class C wards, and the stringent safe management / infection control measures etc, it is quite interesting that so many visitors can still be infected. 

Screenshot_20210503-085352_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c5a7e4f4718039695db8c7aed05c01ff.jpg

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

One thing I noticed about the 11 new cases... 7 patients 3 visitors and 1 staff.

silver lining is not many staff got it. It might shows the vaccination really helps or maybe staff is more on the ball.

Actually so many data has shown vaccination is really important so don't get second thoughts. 

Get vaccinated ASAP. 

My wife envy my vaccination, she want to get but cannot....

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 4

Turbocharged
2 minutes ago, noobcarbuyer said:

More concerningly, it appears that the short term visitors to the TTSH ward 9D are infected so readily? I would have though they would be considered transient contacts?

Given the well ventilated nature of Class C wards, and the stringent safe management / infection control measures etc, it is quite interesting that so many visitors can still be infected. 

Screenshot_20210503-085352_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c5a7e4f4718039695db8c7aed05c01ff.jpg

not transient contact lah.... family members visit usually last for hours right? 

If colleague visit, maybe 30mins...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1