COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

Supersonic
6 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Within the airport transit, they can move around freely.

The moment they exit the arrival hall gate, they will be rounded up and directed to bus.

This applies to all passenger.

that's why the poor bus driver will get covid.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

that's why the poor bus driver will get covid.

Unless bus driver wears PPE or autonomous bus.

Supersonic
(edited)
1 hour ago, Beregond said:

why incomer from countries esp india are keep tested negative before they come in. They alway have cert to prove negativr

After they come  in. Alot of them are tested positive. 

This mean there is alot of doubt on their test and declaration and intergity.

But why no action taken before hand to prevent this? 

Saw this in other forums. No BS but I already foresee this issue when the policy was announced months back (can refer back to my posts). If a lowly oppo like me can see such an issue coming, I'm sure those high up in the ivory tower can see even earlier. It is almost like they want them to come in by hook or by crook.

Anyway PCR done in Singapore also buay zhun sometimes.

40-F92-C06-BA82-42-FA-9-BEB-BC465-B5483-D8.thumb.jpg.7a14eeaf8c5e2d448ef51263080ced53.jpg

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
4 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I thought that was what announced previously.

Tomorrow will be my last stretching yoga class till June

Rest for 3 weeks. Lol.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Beregond said:

why incomer from countries esp india are keep tested negative before they come in. They alway have cert to prove negativr

After they come  in. Alot of them are tested positive. 

This mean there is alot of doubt on their test and declaration and intergity.

But why no action taken before hand to prevent this? 

EVmViCo.jpg

• Haha! 3

(edited)
1 hour ago, Windwaver said:

https://www.oneindia.com/india/n-440-k-india-s-new-coronavirus-variant-highly-infectious-called-ap-strain-is-10-times-more-infecti-3254222.html

N-440 K: India's new Coronavirus variant highly infectious called AP strain is 10 times more infectious

The Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB) has discovered N440K variant, besides B1.617 and B1.618. First discovered in Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh, the variant is said to be at least 10 times more infectious, that might be responsible for creating havoc in Visakhapatnam and other parts of the State.

There’s no unique Andhra Covid strain which is 15 times more virulent, says CCMB chief

https://theprint.in/health/theres-no-unique-andhra-covid-strain-which-is-15-times-more-virulent-says-ccmb-chief/652773/

In an exclusive chat with ThePrint, CCMB director, Rakesh Mishra, said the prevalence of the variant being called the ‘N440K strain’ in Andhra Pradesh is less than 5 per cent at the moment and is likely to disappear or be replaced soon by other existing variants.

He also said that there is no evidence that the N440K variant is deadly or more infectious than other Covid-19 variants.

Also denying that the variant is 15 times more virulent in Andhra Pradesh, Mishra said that it would be a misinterpretation to claim so. Citing a pre-print published by the lab a few days ago, which spoke about how the N440K variant grows faster in a ‘culture’, the director said that does not mean it is more virulent in humans.

Edited by pi3142
  • Praise 1

2 new cases in community. While the number is low, I am more concerned if there are new emerging cluster, such as the Pasir Panjang Port case yesterday.

2 NEW CASES OF LOCALLY TRANSMITTED COVID-19 INFECTION

As of 6 May 2021, 12pm, the Ministry of Health (MOH) has preliminarily confirmed 2 new cases of locally transmitted COVID-19 infection[1]. Based on our investigations so far, both cases are in the community, and there are no new cases in the dormitories.

2.         In addition, there are 16 imported cases, who had already been placed on Stay-Home Notice upon arrival in Singapore.

3.        In total, there are 18 new cases of COVID-19 infection in Singapore today.

4.         We are still working through the details of the cases, and further updates will be shared via the MOH press release that will be issued tonight.

[1] The cases are not linked to the Case 62541 cluster.

• Praise 8

3 hours ago, RadX said:

Lol

151CB506-5B00-4649-A3FA-C8DA48EB6602.jpeg

2 cases today....NOT from TTSH...

The others came to build BTO

2 community cases among 18 new COVID-19 infections in Singapore - CNA (channelnewsasia.com)

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-2-new-cases-community-cases-may-6-imported-moh-14753270?cid=FBcna&fbclid=IwAR3XRty247g4vspWj-tbC8oSRAosd-eIdI2i68UPuQUHdfLogvSOaVFDtsg

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Just go back to CB la.

CCB...

mlmlwml.

I greatly appreciate being able to sit down and eat on the spot rather than tabao.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
(edited)
6 minutes ago, RadX said:

2 community cases among 18 new COVID-19 infections in Singapore - CNA (channelnewsasia.com)

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-2-new-cases-community-cases-may-6-imported-moh-14753270?cid=FBcna&fbclid=IwAR3XRty247g4vspWj-tbC8oSRAosd-eIdI2i68UPuQUHdfLogvSOaVFDtsg

I stand corrected. I thought the tightening was to pre-empt a jump in cases. The past 2 days is actually quite little and considering the number of tests we did...

Maybe our government deserves far more credit than MCF is giving them.

Example, the recent cases in dormitory also seemed to be controlled pretty well. Bloomberg say we are the best in the world?? The way MCF rates our government make me feel like we are India...

Edited by Wind30
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
3 hours ago, Chongster said:

and this is again based on self declaration?  

should be lar.

cos they are not able to check SafeEntry records.

i just add in here, if you dunnno what you dunno, refrain..........

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
19 minutes ago, RadX said:

BTO?

Bring Them Over?

Hahaha...

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 6

Supersonic
33 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Yes. I just read the news. Someone has watermark the date. 

Moderator do assist to delete the video.

Thanks.😓

Turbocharged
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

I stand corrected. I thought the tightening was to pre-empt a jump in cases. The past 2 days is actually quite little and considering the number of tests we did...

Maybe our government deserves far more credit than MCF is giving them.

Example, the recent cases in dormitory also seemed to be controlled pretty well. Bloomberg say we are the best in the world?? The way MCF rates our government make me feel like we are India...

I hope you are right and we keep it controlled this way. Just a little worried that tomorrow Friday afternoon, the pink-shirted guy with the magic cup will give TV announcement again [laugh]

There are sometimes things behind the scenes that we will only find out later on. Like what happened in the lead-up to the first CB. Who would've thought suddenly there were so many cases in the dorms.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 3

8 hours ago, Weez911 said:

But can't that SDA fine him for not wearing mask? It's within his power right?

SDAs not empowered to fine offenders and can only call for police backup I think. Mata will then book the jokers if they are still around.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1