COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

Hypersonic
14 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

A better idea is that those FWs whose contracts are about to expire, or their bosses had ran out of projects, should be given the priority to be employed by other businesses or projects in dire need of FWs. 

These FWs had been in SG for quite sometime and probably vaccinated last year. They are the so called certified infection free FWs. Why waste and let them go back? I'm sure they are more than happy to stay and keep working here. 

Has MOM considered the possibility to share, and spread out this pool of FWs we have here today? AFAIK, there's 350k of them we have here. 

Yes, I agree.  

Obviously a good idea. 

Transferring or rotating and keeping the current pool of FWs here beats sending them back and replacing with new risky ones. 

Those who are here the past 1-2 years are both safer staying here and also lesser chance of infection,  while keeping the works on going.  

If we can do that,  we would be able to remove a big percentage of new risk coming in. 

As for dependent passes, there can always be a push back for approval,  or KIV until situation clears up. 

But, that's what we can see at this level with this much information we have,  but I think also not too far off...  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

23 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If people see the past two days community cases, suddenly it seems to drop back to low cases level, dont know why also? So people might thought the spike in community cases already controlled? So the pink-shirted guy should not appear on tv? 😂

You want to bet? I say this time you won't see pink panther on tv.

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
27 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If people see the past two days community cases, suddenly it seems to drop back to low cases level, dont know why also? So people might thought the spike in community cases already controlled? So the pink-shirted guy should not appear on tv? 😂

It's been like a week,  need to see the numbers in the next 14 days or so. If all good maybe can back to phase 3 before end May..  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Yes, I agree.  

Obviously a good idea. 

Transferring or rotating and keeping the current pool of FWs here beats sending them back and replacing with new risky ones. 

Those who are here the past 1-2 years are both safer staying here and also lesser chance of infection,  while keeping the works on going.  

If we can do that,  we would be able to remove a big percentage of new risk coming in. 

As for dependent passes, there can always be a push back for approval,  or KIV until situation clears up. 

But, that's what we can see at this level with this much information we have,  but I think also not too far off...  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I can't seem to dig any specific information about this arrangement through Google. As far as I know, the real situation on the ground is that the FWs are doing freelance work on their own even if their official employers didn't give them any work. This, I believe is illegal and probably not declared with MOM. In essence, this is already balancing out the human resources. 

My question will be what's MOM's stance to explore this possibility officially. Maybe its already suggested before and got shot down because of cross-infection scares. Probably it will be possible to explore this again once the dorms have been fully vaccinated. 

Unless the FW himself said he wants to go back to his family, I see no reason why we should be letting him go. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)
7 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Yes, I agree.  

Obviously a good idea. 

Whose going to bear the FWL? 

Whose going to bear the WP renewal which includes ;agent fee, medical, recertification.

Food and lodging? 

Salaries/wages/allowances.

Medical/work comp insurance.

And some other minor stuffs....

Sigh.... it all come down to costs.

Edited by Kopites

7 hours ago, 13177 said:

One short word : "Recycle"  ... [sly]

What happen to our 3 'R'  .... :yuush:

"Reduse" , "Reuse" or "Recycle"

Reduse the number of FW for now

Reuse (re-employ) the FW if permit expiring for the companies

Recycle the FW to other companies

:meaw:

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

(edited)
7 hours ago, Count-Bracula said:

If refuse, send back home.

If refused, drop them into Indian Ocean and ask them to swim back ... [sly]

:grin:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Haha! 4

(edited)
7 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Yes, I agree.  

Obviously a good idea. 

You will be the most happy one as you get to keep all your XMM when their LTVP (long term visitor pass) expired. :we-all-gonna-die:

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Haha! 1

8 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Yes, I agree.  

Obviously a good idea. 

I am sure we are already doing that.  Quite obvious thing to do.  Our vaccinated FWs must be in quite high demand everywhere esp. the Middle East.  Presumably places like Malaysia cannot outbid us. 

Supercharged
11 hours ago, Nolicense said:

fast forward to 1:45.

wtf.. singapore is now an international quarantine island for the world??? 

The title is funny.

Fact of matter is - all non-white Aussies are 2nd class and below.... the indians lucky.... the local aborgines treated as 4th class.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

Case 62873

Case 62873 is an 88-year-old male Singaporean employed by Ramky Cleantech Services Pte Ltd as a cleaner deployed at Changi Airport Terminal 3.

He had not gone to work after the onset of symptoms.

After developing a runny nose and cough on May 4, he sought medical treatment at a general practitioner clinic, where he was tested for Covid-19.

His test came back positive the next day and he was conveyed to Sengkang General Hospital in an ambulance.

He had been tested previously under the rostered routine testing (RRT) programme. All his previous tests returned negative results; the most recent one was conducted on Apr. 16.

He had also completed vaccination, receiving his first dose on Jan. 22, and his second one on Feb. 15.

This case is a real test to see if vaccine work. 88 years old and had both doses.

Same age as the patient at TTSH who passed away and whom they said was not vaccinated.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Case 62873

Case 62873 is an 88-year-old male Singaporean employed by Ramky Cleantech Services Pte Ltd as a cleaner deployed at Changi Airport Terminal 3.

He had not gone to work after the onset of symptoms.

After developing a runny nose and cough on May 4, he sought medical treatment at a general practitioner clinic, where he was tested for Covid-19.

His test came back positive the next day and he was conveyed to Sengkang General Hospital in an ambulance.

He had been tested previously under the rostered routine testing (RRT) programme. All his previous tests returned negative results; the most recent one was conducted on Apr. 16.

He had also completed vaccination, receiving his first dose on Jan. 22, and his second one on Feb. 15.

This case is a real test to see if vaccine work. 88 years old and had both doses.

Same age as the patient at TTSH who passed away and whom they said was not vaccinated.

88 yrs old and still cleaning....exercise?

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 5
  • Haha! 4

Supersonic
9 hours ago, Count-Bracula said:

You want to bet? I say this time you won't see pink panther on tv.

Few days ago heard that doctor leong hoe nam giving his advise on the recent covid spike cases on radio, he said something like having another CB is not possible, so no need to worry. Lol.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
5 minutes ago, RadX said:

my thoughts exactly so he must be a very healthy for a 88 year old.

I hope I can still be cleaner when I hit 88 year old... if I even hit 88... 

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
13 minutes ago, RadX said:

Yah power. Need Singaporean to meet quota. 😁

3CEF0E85-7EF5-4183-8525-59F271AE6D6B.jpeg

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
10 hours ago, Count-Bracula said:

That's why I said round them up and send to St John's island. Give them sleeping bags,  air drop food, masks and toilet paper will do. Test and release after one two months stay. 

If refuse, send back home.

St John now quite nice and would be wasted as a quarantine zone. a lot of fishing people would be disappointed. 

how about the islands used for live firing ? [grin]

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
23 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

my thoughts exactly so he must be a very healthy for a 88 year old.

I hope I can still be cleaner when I hit 88 year old... if I even hit 88... 

Able to live until 88 year old is one thing, and able to work when you are 88 year old is another thing. Both things also not easy to achieve lo. I dont think i am able to achieve it. Lol.

• Praise 6

Hypersonic

Now govt must emphasized this.

The arrivals from the Indian sub-continent had already come into Singapore before the restrictions on travel were imposed.

Among the imported cases:

Seven (Cases 62862, 62866, 62875, 62876, 62878, 62879 and 62880) are Permanent Residents who returned from India.

One (Case 62871) is a Dependant’s Pass holder who arrived from Nepal.

One (Cases 62869) is a Student’s Pass holder who arrived from India and had been emplaced on their course earlier.

One (Cases 62865) is a Work Pass holder who arrived from Malaysia.

Six are Work Permit holders who arrived from Bangladesh and Indonesia of whom four (Case 62841, 62846, 62851, and 62870) are migrant domestic workers.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1