COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

50 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

This weekend hard to gouge the crowd lah.. u know people sibei funny de.. suddenly remember they must show their love to their mama.. whole year long long never bother to visit them..

Not for me. I visit my mum weekly and will take her out for a simple meal as and when she feel like eating out. 

34 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Amen to that.

Like I mentioned before, if you had treat your mum well, everyday is Mother’s Day to her.

We normally don't dine out on Mother's or Father's Day, as my parents always said why waste money and beg the eatry for a place to "celebrate". So we are firm believers that everyday is Mother's and Father's Day. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 25

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

People still avoiding novena sq now? 😂 But funny other places are crowded with people?

I guess so. Novena Square still got a fair bit of people but not crowded. But Sq2 was a complete opposite, it was really quiet.

• Haha! 1

5th Gear
2 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

This weekend hard to gouge the crowd lah.. u know people sibei funny de.. suddenly remember they must show their love to their mama.. whole year long long never bother to visit them..

Exactly, a lot of this is hyped up by media and commercial purpose and the self-seeking affirmation.

While it is a bonus for a special day if really want to do something extra, care and concern is ultimately shown on regular basis. Parent will know it in their heart whether children got heart or not or keep needing to self console themselves that dun need their money and that children are very busy; heavy burden etc hence cannot do this cannot do that; cannot give this cannot give that while watching them go annual holidays; pay for car; branded enrichment....

• Praise 7

Hypersonic
(edited)
1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

Not for me. I visit my mum weekly and will take her out for a simple meal as and when she feel like eating out. 

We normally don't dine out on Mother's or Father's Day, as my parents always said why waste money and beg the eatry for a place to "celebrate". So we are firm believers that everyday is Mother's and Father's Day. 

My family also never celebrate all this mother, father days.

I visited my parents every sunday and sometimes fetch them to my house for dinner.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 10

Hypersonic

You seen those elderly been dumped and staying at rental HDB flat while their kids stay condo, landed and driving big cars?

And when they passed away, a very grand funeral was done at the void deck. Why? So the kids can show that their friends, colleagues, etc that they are fillal. 🙄

When they are around, don’t visit them.

Read this article if you have the patience.

7DD4E9E0-EF60-4733-BEE5-453A6E518520.jpeg

人生如梦

梦如人生

人生已尽

梦境已清

• Praise 10
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 6

On 5/4/2021 at 9:36 PM, inlinesix said:

If you are not within the criteria, the registration is waste of time.

Do it again when it is opened to you.

I've gotten my both jabs date already..... 

Mine is quite borderline on the age... 😉

• Praise 3

Supersonic

More and more unlinked cases from the airport. This means the virus did not drop from the sky... wake up fools 🤭

And there are more unlinked cases in the community. IB will say the number is very low relative to our population which is true.. but US, Brazil and India also went through 1, 5 and 10 cases which they thought they got it under control. Obviously like us, they can't "see" the enemy and did not know the extent of the spread and by the time they knew, it was too late. This is not the milder strain we experienced in 2020 but a more aggressive strain. Case in point- the ICA patient zero spread to 7 to 8 family members...

This Covid-21 is serious and should not be understated and taken lightly.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged
12 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

More and more unlinked cases from the airport. This means the virus did not drop from the sky... wake up fools 🤭

And there are more unlinked cases in the community. IB will say the number is very low relative to our population which is true.. but US, Brazil and India also went through 1, 5 and 10 cases which they thought they got it under control. Obviously like us, they can't "see" the enemy and did not know the extent of the spread and by the time they knew, it was too late. This is not the milder strain we experienced in 2020 but a more aggressive strain. Case in point- the ICA patient zero spread to 7 to 8 family members...

This Covid-21 is serious and should not be understated and taken lightly.

In my view we need to confirm now wrt old and india strains:

Vaccinated : no symptoms?

Non-vaccinated: symptoms? 

If true then we can accelerate vaccination and open up more knowing hospital beds wont be at risk

Supersonic
7 minutes ago, Beregond said:

this is the 1.

I recommend sending him to T1 to kiss and hug all those incoming without a mask on. Do what he preaches.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

7 minutes ago, Beregond said:

this is the 1.

This one UK strain.... Scot accent. 

Think injected with Scotch...

Single malt... 

Highland..... 

Sure can kill virus. 🤣🤣

• Haha! 5

Supersonic
9 minutes ago, Karoon said:

In my view we need to confirm now wrt old and india strains:

Vaccinated : no symptoms?

Non-vaccinated: symptoms? 

If true then we can accelerate vaccination and open up more knowing hospital beds wont be at risk

This type of study will take a long time and we don't have the luxury of time. Best way is to treat this new strain with utmost respect until we find out more. Even if the vaccine is useless against it, we should still vaccinate to protect ourselves against the old strain which is also in circulation. No harm there.

• Praise 2

Supercharged
8 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

You seen those elderly been dumped and staying at rental HDB flat while their kids stay condo, landed and driving big cars?

And when they passed away, a very grand funeral was done at the void deck. Why? So the kids can show that their friends, colleagues, etc that they are fillal. 🙄

When they are around, don’t visit them.

Read this article if you have the patience.

7DD4E9E0-EF60-4733-BEE5-453A6E518520.jpeg

人生如梦

梦如人生

人生已尽

梦境已清

The title is traditional chinese, the text is simplified chinese?

What is this - photoshopped?

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
2 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

The title is traditional chinese, the text is simplified chinese?

What is this - photoshopped?

No idea, saw on Facebook and it’s a sad story.

Why photoshopped it anyway?

Supersonic
11 hours ago, Adrianli said:

I guess so. Novena Square still got a fair bit of people but not crowded. But Sq2 was a complete opposite, it was really quiet.

Thought novena square and sq2 just next to each other? Or same building le? If people already in novena square, not much different between going to sq2 or novena square lo. 😂

Turbocharged
21 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

finally, taking MCF advice? lol

2021-05-09_090612.jpg

They use "risk-based approach" so slowly slowly mah ...

Basically, situation now is such that no matter how you try to tweak the risk calculation, still fails.

Work pass holders can still come in from PRC - which is among the list of countries not in the high-risk category.

All our ASEAN neighbours are in that "high-risk" list, unfortunately.

So looks like whatever FW needed in near future will have to be sourced from PRC.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Hypersonic
21 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

They use "risk-based approach" so slowly slowly mah ...

Basically, situation now is such that no matter how you try to tweak the risk calculation, still fails.

Work pass holders can still come in from PRC - which is among the list of countries not in the high-risk category.

All our ASEAN neighbours are in that "high-risk" list, unfortunately.

So looks like whatever FW needed in near future will have to be sourced from PRC.

Those work pass workers as construction paid are no more attractive for china worker. Don't think is easy attract from China. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2