BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

Supersonic
(edited)
1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

finally, taking MCF advice? lol

2021-05-09_090612.jpg

Maybe they started consulting professionals who really know what is risk-based approach. That header tells me they know what is RBA now.

Again it looks very bad on the IB here. Sibei xia suay. 

Edited by Weez911
  • Haha! 3

Supersonic
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Maybe they started consulting professionals who really know what is risk-based approach. That header tells me they know what is RBA now.

Again it looks very bad on the IB here. Sibei xia suay. 

yalor ... stopping people coming from high risk is "RBA" and not xeno ...

once high risk come down to low risk plus RBA then can always re-import again ma

study so much with PHD cannot understand simple logic meh?

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

yalor ... stopping people coming from high risk is "RBA" and not xeno ...

once high risk come down to low risk plus RBA then can always re-import again ma

study so much with PHD cannot understand simple logic meh?

What to do? They are paid to post silly and illogical stuff in forums and social media. Or maybe they are just that.

Wish I can meet them face to face to understand why they chose such a pathetic career choice. Is it because they can't find other jobs or is it because this job pays very well. 

Must meet face to face cos everything they said online about themselves are fake.

Edited by Weez911
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
(edited)
2 hours ago, Tohto said:

Those work pass workers as construction paid are no more attractive for china worker. Don't think is easy attract from China. 

I think so too. Last time, long ago, the pay could attract malaysian and thai workers. Then slowly, as construction industry keep cutting costs, these workers also don't want to come here for such meagre salary. Next up is PRC, but gradually as they become more skilled and have more expertise, they will only want to come over for higher paying jobs in construction, not those FW-level kind of duties. Now those PRC that come here on work pass have many other options for jobs, in manufacturing sector or logistics sector, salary is better and working conditions too.

Now using bangla and india workers, already bargain basement level salary. Which country next? Like it or not, this model of relying on low-cost labour cannot last forever. If, say, India, had modernized and developed at the pace of PRC, then where else to look for construction FW?

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Didu said:

7 new community COVID-19 cases in Singapore, including 3 workers at Changi Airport

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-new-cases-imported-community-moh-may-8-14767528

Below are the locations marked out for a view of the spread

SG map.png

The VJC student not necessarily stay at marine parade or got infected at marine parade lah. He or she just happens to go to school there.

Anyway doesn't take genius to see where all the infections stem from - now the tap is closed hopefully things get better and not too late.

Yishun still the safest place! [laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Hypersonic
16 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

I think so too. Last time, long ago, the pay could attract malaysian and thai workers. Then slowly, as construction industry keep cutting costs, these workers also don't want to come here for such meagre salary. Next up is PRC, but gradually as they become more skilled and have more expertise, they will only want to come over for higher paying jobs in construction, not those FW-level kind of duties. Now those PRC that come here on work pass have many other options for jobs, in manufacturing sector or logistics sector, salary is better and working conditions too.

Now using bangla and india workers, already bargain basement level salary. Which country next? Like it or not, this model of relying on low-cost labour cannot last forever. If, say, India, had modernized and developed at the pace of PRC, then where else to look for construction FW?

Africa..

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
24 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

i concur. 

as long as sg keep pushing up real estate prices, and sg keep taking on heavy loans for multi decades, and property developers keep making their money, this cycle will continue.

if real estate prices fall, or stagnant, the whole value chain is not sustainable. they just dont realise that 3 to 4 bangla are doing the work of 1 Malaysian/PRC.

worse, i notice quality of work is falling over the years. its not particularly due to bangla.. it is just the skilled ones after working here for a few years dont come back and you get new unskilled workers.

Hypersonic
(edited)

I was watching channel 8 news last night. 

A boss was lamenting that it’s very very hard to get foreign workers now and if employ locals, need to pay at least 20% more and with incentives.

I was thinking ahborthen?? All these years of over relIance on foreigners and suppressing local wages not enuff ah?

F&B, cleaners wages have been suppressed long enuff. I do F&B part time now so I know.

This Covid will wake up a lot of bosses.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 5

Supersonic
(edited)
1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

yes bro ... before Covid may be another 25 years for India to catch up PRC ... even then PRC might have shifted the goal post further liao

after Covid ... now smelly smelly no 50 years no talk!

seriously, i see India no up ... i know they are many talented people in India

but as a whole India aint gonna develop fast and furious like PRC ... 

btw, i have been to India 3 times ... Mumbai for work ... i have seen what cannot be unseen ... :grin:

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

Laos and cambodia and myanmar still cheap

• Praise 1

28 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

A boss was lamenting that it’s very very hard to get foreign workers now and if employ locals, need to pay at least 20% more and with incentives.

I was thinking ahborthen?? All these years of over relIance on foreigners and suppressing local wages not enuff ah?

F&B, cleaners wages have been suppressed long enuff. I do F&B part time now so I know.

No choice hire local need high wage, short working hours no split shift and high turnover as quit job before learn finish 😆

hire FW also hard despite low pay need pay alot levy and quota getting hard and expensive to hire. So open business in sg really headache 😓

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, 13177 said:

Thought novena square and sq2 just next to each other? Or same building le? If people already in novena square, not much different between going to sq2 or novena square lo. 😂

Two different building. You need to check out and check in when crossing over to the other building. A very tiny "corridor" separates both building.

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

A lot of part time job now only has a hourly of $8 -$10/hr.

Really sad. My wife is on part time job after she loss her full time job in tourism industry.

Daughter also working part time in restaurant. 

• Praise 2
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/news/singapore/story20210509-1145450

搭地铁不戴口罩 洋汉被捕

洋汉上地铁不戴口罩,反劝乘客老翁不要戴口罩,今(5月9日)被捕。

Capture3A.jpg?2CeDnqdcRvoBaIuXThPNdYKWrU

Picture paints a thousand words :grin:

good job SPF

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/mask-mrt-train-covid-19-man-arrested-14774422?cid=fbcna&fbclid=IwAR3ielW4D9euUYix3pl4syffDtLOyUr3ZLHtxg_EBpbFN0C6mS0xJa3r-vU

Man arrested after refusing to wear mask on MRT train

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5