COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

47 minutes ago, Old-driver said:

How did he managed to get thru the MRT turnstiles without a mask? There are so many officers and staff there and also many ambassadors before you board the trains.

All sleeping or turn a blind eye?

1 word... AMDK 😁.

↡ Advertisement

4th Gear
2 minutes ago, Sturtles said:

Exactly why everyone should be sensitive to others, especially in SG!

Not having a meal and drink for the past 12 hours, and looking forward to a family meal only to be interrupted they have broken rules, when the only rule they are concerned with is not broken!

From his family POV, what do you expect the family do? Have 1 table take a hike to another location? 

If the SDA can advise nicely, eg. Rules of 5 per gathering, but if you have more than that, strictly no conversation between each table (not that I assume the SDA didn't do so)

I have also heard about SDA during the CB deliberately made repeated nuisance at mom n pop shops, to hint for "incentives" to placate them.

End of the day, clear management sensitivity and worldliness is required for clear guidelines so the boots on the ground and public can work hand-in-hand.

Vagaries leave much to implementation "flexibility", coupled with changing rules, and lack of public awareness open cans of worms, and a sour taste in everyone's mouth.

To me, the buck always stops at the top, and it is always their responsibility! 

To claim otherwise is just shameless  

I will have to disagree with you. I dont know any of the ppl in the video, and i also dont know what your motive is in highlighting black sheep SDAs which is unrelated to the video. Just because there are black sheep doesnt mean all SDAs are scum. 

The group clearly broke the safe distancing guidelines (since when is 2 tables of 5 allowed?) and from what i could see, were aggressive to those SDAs who were just trying their best to do their jobs. I thought the SDA talking was quite measured, and didnt do anything to escalate the situation, moved back when the situation was getting out of control. It was the group that was escalating the situation.  I hope the police track down these buggers and make an example out of them. Otherwise, why should everyone else bother complying with the rules?

• Praise 11

Just now, Voodooman said:

Err... We can't have different rules for different people.   We should all be following the same rules, I don't go dinner with my extended family in 2 tables.  The rules are there to keep us safe (relatively speaking), please respect the rules. We don't need bolehland rules. No dine in at all restaurants during MCO 2.0 but they can allow 15 persons visitation. What a joke. 

https://newswav.com/A2101_0LYLtc?s=A_8bRoaqb

Perfectly clear with no double standard.

A few things have happened leading to the recorded incident.

1) Presence of loopholes.

Who would know if I have a family/ group gathering of more than the prescribed 5, seated across multiple tables if they didn’t converse?

Would it be an offence if the group greater than the prescribed didn’t so far as look at each other?

So in theory, it is possible to openly have such a family/ friends/ group enjoying meal/ event together and getting away most of the time.

2) Changing rules

It was only recently the people allowed was reduced from 8 to 5.

For some, they may indeed not be familiar with when the implementation starts. 

eg. Bringing forward the use of compulsory trace together token from date X to date Y, while still allowing use of QR code till date X 🤪

Dumbest f***s found themselves into the critically important COVID team.

3) Anaemic buck stoppers

( everything is a team/commitee decision. No sole person with choppable heads holds responsibility)

Members of the public has mostly been showing discipline compared to 1st world ( which SG likes to compare) and we even one up the game to compare with 3rd world countries as well, yet we are often saddled with the blame and stigma when a community spread happens

Given the covid variant ancestry figures, it is certain some of the clusters could have been avoided with 28 day quarantine, not withstanding I agree not closing borders is the right thing to do to support our core industries.

It seems someone in the decision branch lacking moral iron and common sense.

• Praise 1

Supercharged
39 minutes ago, Sturtles said:

Not having a meal and drink for the past 12 hours, and looking forward to a family meal only to be interrupted they have broken rules, when the only rule they are concerned with is not broken!

From his family POV, what do you expect the family do? Have 1 table take a hike to another location? 

If the SDA can advise nicely, eg. Rules of 5 per gathering, but if you have more than that, strictly no conversation between each table (not that I assume the SDA didn't do so)

I have also heard about SDA during the CB deliberately made repeated nuisance at mom n pop shops, to hint for "incentives" to placate them.

End of the day, clear management sensitivity and worldliness is required for clear guidelines so the boots on the ground and public can work hand-in-hand.

Vagaries leave much to implementation "flexibility", coupled with changing rules, and lack of public awareness open cans of worms, and a sour taste in everyone's mouth.

To me, the buck always stops at the top, and it is always their responsibility! 

To claim otherwise is just shameless  

Laws in country apply to all... Regardless of religion.

Kena caught try to be humble... Not try to threaten enforcers.

• Praise 2

@Jtis 

Agree with you the SDA as shown in the video was measured and professional even.

However, it may be incorrect to judge from effects rather than the cause.

As shared, possible lack of sensitivity to a hungry family may have triggered this outburst. 

Given I do not see anyone in the group of 10 holding back the young man, it could be concurred 10 out of 10 sides with his family where this incident is concerned.

For the purpose of "fairness", I would like to see the judgement of $300 fine be applied to all 10 of the family involved.

It would be an affront to "justice and equality" otherwise.

53 minutes ago, Sturtles said:

from the video i can only see the officer is talking very nicely and calm.

more then 5 in a group split into 2 table is still a group ,we take aside the details of the law.

whats so hard about following instruction ?

if there is any doubt or question, can alway point out later, let ppl do their work, they put their health on the front line.

indv religion practice etc is not a good excuse really, this is a critical period in sg and the world.

beside its clear cut who is behaving like hooligan. not bias or anything, really no excuse. 

• Praise 3

@t0y0ta

18 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Laws in country apply to all... Regardless of religion.

Kena caught try to be humble... Not try to threaten enforcers.

Can't agree more!

1 minute ago, Beregond said:

from the video i can only see the officer is talking very nicely and calm.

more then 5 in a group split into 2 table is still a group ,we take aside the details of the law.

whats so hard about following instruction ?

if there is any doubt or question, can alway point out later, let ppl do their work, they put their health on the front line.

indv religion practice etc is not a good excuse really, this is a critical period in sg and the world.

beside its clear cut who is behaving like hooligan. not bias or anything, really no excuse. 

Your judgement may not hold the same weight to the beholder.

As an example we see recent asian hate crimes in US, very often, it is unprovoked and we side with the victims because we see the whole picture.

From the video, though I would agree the attitude of the SDA was professional, and the accused was direct and blunt, I have to withhold judgement, as the cause was not shown.

(edited)
3 hours ago, Wt_know said:

i wonder what "talent" did he bring into spore [confused] 

he can't even figure out why is needed to wear mask [hur] 

I still remember the last scene of Braveheart.... 

"Freedom....!!" 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Atonchia
  • Haha! 4

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Cheesey74 said:

1 word... AMDK 😁.

Yeah please play back station cctvs, how many staff or transcom did he walk past sans mask [laugh]

Ok maybe they gave him benefit of doubt since he was in MAMIL togs so can assume he is in exercise-mode so no need the mask.

I find it laughable that people are trying to justify hooligan behaviour when it is patently obvious that the aggressor is in the wrong and questioning the law and not the fact that the SDA is wrongly enforcing it 

• Praise 6

4 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

Our MRT AMDK is one of the leotard brigade if you look closely under his street clothes. No bike but still a MAMIL through and through.

Not in bike attire lah. There is no zip in the middle. 

Probably just finished spin classes.... Last one... before gym closure again. 😅

• Haha! 2

3 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Not in bike attire lah. There is no zip in the middle. 

Probably just finished spin classes.... Last one... before gym closure again. 😅

I didn’t say it was bike attire, middle aged man in leotards/Lycra could be anything including this:

_77658920_92a9b88a-f42a-4e9c-afb6-4a3746

• Haha! 3

9 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

I find it laughable that people are trying to justify hooligan behaviour when it is patently obvious that the aggressor is in the wrong and questioning the law and not the fact that the SDA is wrongly enforcing it 

Yah... hooligan behaviour can be from any race or religion. 

What is antisocial behaviour... shouldn't be link to any race or religion... Or worse....  Mitigation of the anti social behaviour linking to breaking fast is just so wrong.

And also question the integrity of SDA trying to explain to the hooligan... by lumping anecdotal incidents.... 

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

I didn’t say it was bike attire, middle aged man in leotards/Lycra could be anything including this:

_77658920_92a9b88a-f42a-4e9c-afb6-4a3746

Eh Please lah..... 

You are making our enforcer work more difficult by sharing such outfit...... 🤣🤣

How to identify? 

• Haha! 1

This loophole for separate tables for extended family really should no surprise anyone who has been eating out lah. Different restaurant handle it differently despite it being the law of the day.

I still remember end of last year being rejected flatly by front desk staff from Swee Choon. Upon seeing myself, my wife, 4 kids, the first words were that we were not allowed to eat there as we were more than 5 people. Short and simple, and very firm, leaving no room for negotiation. And no need for any SDA to step in.

But the same cannot be said of another restaurant which I do not want to name as it was definitely guilty of this loophole just by looking at the composition and behaviour of the people. If you look hard enough, once in awhile there would be interactions with dis-approving looks thrown by some more elderly figures among the groups. Really obvious. I talked about this with the boss also said they closed one eyes for long term customers but reminded everyone to do their parts by reducing interactions among the tables which most would obey lah. 

To me this kind of thing very difficult to eradicate lah. Not everyone will play their part especially under this bad economy situastion.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/police-arrest-man-seen-video-refusing-wear-mask-mrt-train

A man was arrested on Sunday (May 9) for allegedly causing a public nuisance and flouting safe distancing rules after refusing to wear a mask on an MRT train.
Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/police-arrest-man-seen-video-refusing-wear-mask-mrt-train

fine him , send him home and bar him from returning to SGP, why let this useless guy here to waste our public fund? 

• Praise 3

6 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Eh Please lah..... 

You are making our enforcer work more difficult by sharing such outfit...... 🤣🤣

How to identify? 

If he wore the full outfit he wouldn’t be unmasked and no one will give him any trouble at all

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2