COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

Turbocharged
9 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

I wonder if each and everyone serving QO or SHN are subjected to daily test to make sure that we do not have any further escape (in the community). 

https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/10-new-cases-of-locally-transmitted-covid-19-infection-9-may-update

Case 63008 is a 90 year-old male Singaporean who had been warded in TTSH Ward 9D from 23 April, and was transferred to NCID on 28 April. He was tested for COVID-19 on 28 April, and daily between 1 May and 7 May, and all his test results were negative. On 8 May, he was tested again for COVID-19 even though he is asymptomatic, and his result came back positive this time. His serology test result is negative.

The above is yet another example of how incubation period affects the COVID test results. And mind you, the 3 cases at TTSH were detected when the patients exhibit COVID symptoms, so what about others that don't? 

Daily a bit hardcore... I think day 3,11,14 should be sufficient..

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic
(edited)

The vaccine seems to be useless against B1617, which is very infectious and spreading like wildfire here.

Thank you for importing them from India PAP.

SIngapore Indian farked CECA Indian. :XD:Cannot say racist.

The woman companion on the bench damn nonchalant while her hubby is farking others. Just wanna enjoy the breeze. 

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

3 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

The vaccine seems to be useless against B1617, which is very infectious and spreading like wildfire here.

if confirm usless  we could be really heading for a lockdown soon.............

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, Sturtles said:

As I have shared, and reiterated, what is the law's stance on this gathering of greater than prescribed group size when coming up with this rule by the decision maker?

The second they are spotted together; an hour or a full day's party at St John's island? A Question of length of time

Pre-arranged gathering with time and place? A Question of intention.

Now, would all flouters be summoned on first detection or given 1st warning? A Question of equality in enforcement.

Lastly, the trigger that caused the conniption. An important mitigating factor, and due considerations should be given

For your predicate where killing people would be certainly be hanged, it is not true, and plenty of preconditions have to be met.

Judging a person because of their loutish behaviour and condemning them to be 100% at fault is not a fair perception, just like the appointment of CDF and CEO posts because of their excellent A-level results 

I think what the queries you have put down are more of finding mitigating factors to reduce the sentencing. 

For me the rule/law is there for a purpose - to control movement and reduce interaction thus infection. Nobody would be able to come up with a formula that everyone will clap and cheer bravo to agree that it is the best balance measure. If not everyone will start questioning why only 5pax, not 4pax or 6pax or even 3pax? Or why visits to home is not increase to 6pax or 8pax or 10pax or stopped for whatever reasons? Or why the punsihment is not $10k fine + 3months jail or whatever combination instead of current measure.

To me, so long as is not excessive we should just obey and focus on how to ride this pandemic out together. If most people can do it, why not me? 

I am not keen to continue this meaningless argument. Have a nice day ahead.

• Praise 4

46 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

I wonder if each and everyone serving QO or SHN are subjected to daily test to make sure that we do not have any further escape (in the community). 

https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/10-new-cases-of-locally-transmitted-covid-19-infection-9-may-update

Case 63008 is a 90 year-old male Singaporean who had been warded in TTSH Ward 9D from 23 April, and was transferred to NCID on 28 April. He was tested for COVID-19 on 28 April, and daily between 1 May and 7 May, and all his test results were negative. On 8 May, he was tested again for COVID-19 even though he is asymptomatic, and his result came back positive this time. His serology test result is negative.

The above is yet another example of how incubation period affects the COVID test results. And mind you, the 3 cases at TTSH were detected when the patients exhibit COVID symptoms, so what about others that don't? 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-edgefield-secondary-school-resume-physical-lessons-hbl-14762504

The infected student attended school on 29/4 and school resumed classes on 10/5, 11 days interval.

I presume all students and teachers are tested once in end April or early May, so what is the rationale if we know the incubation period could be as long as 21 days?

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Jman888 said:

I encountered one incident when a family of 11 trying to go into a restaurant, the front desk say no, the auntie die die say we split into 2 table why cannot. The person replied "if you dun tell me upfront that you have 11 pax, split among yourself and quietly come in 2 separate group, I won't know and let you in" immediately you can see the auntie start scolding all her high ses language and the younger gen has to calm her down.

if u ask me, strictly speaking i am also guilty of breaking this law

cannot have more then group of 8 last time.  although we play soccer 4 v 4. but its org through a big group. we not suppose to mix. but ..........

even those soccer school conducting classes for kids is guilty of this i think.

so sometime the officer come and request we take action, we just follow.  we dun go argue , cos we know we 理亏

• Praise 1

Supersonic
27 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

The woman companion on the bench damn nonchalant while her hubby is farking others. Just wanna enjoy the breeze. 

If the vaccine that people are jabbing now is useless against the new virus, then what will be the next course of action should gahment do?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, Beanoyip said:

Who here prefers a 5-10 day lockdown to dig out all these community cases? Rather than a half ass restriction which could be never ending of community cases and in the end, after May, still have to lockdown?

What's the point? You do a 2-week lockdown, the cases come down and settle to a low number again. Then someone with a bright idea says okay, now can re-open arms and legs again to those countries we keep importing ... and whole cycle starts again, rinse and repeat.

The only people suffering repeatedly are those business owners. Really got to start looking out for a new business model because it doesn't look like the situation will improve in the next 2-3 years at the minimum.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-edgefield-secondary-school-resume-physical-lessons-hbl-14762504

The infected student attended school on 29/4 and school resumed classes on 10/5, 11 days interval.

I presume all students and teachers are tested once in end April or early May, so what is the rationale if we know the incubation period could be as long as 21 days?

[laugh] For the school, only test once, and resume lesson after one week and a weekend. Guess we'll go back to trump's reasoning, no test = no cases. All well and good as long as no symptoms and no need for medical resources. Might be a good way for life to go on?

Edited by Sosaria
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
41 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Well, another logic is that thank goodness those healthcare and airport workers were mostly all vaccinated already - otherwise, the spread and numbers now would be much worse. Vaccine is not totally ineffective against variants, is just that the effectiveness is reduced by certain percentages.

So we know that the percentage is lowered - it's a game of chance and probabilities - even more so the vaccination campaign need to be stepped up and accelerated.

• Praise 6

21 minutes ago, Beregond said:

if u ask me, strictly speaking i am also guilty of breaking this law

cannot have more then group of 8 last time.  although we play soccer 4 v 4. but its org through a big group. we not suppose to mix. but ..........

even those soccer school conducting classes for kids is guilty of this i think.

so sometime the officer come and request we take action, we just follow.  we dun go argue , cos we know we 理亏

but eating in restaurant not only individual got fine, restaurant will also get fine and closed for 2 weeks.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Interesting article. Our "expert" is quoted too, that it's impractical to keep on trying to maintain low number of cases by closing borders.

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/health-environment/article/3132633/west-races-back-travel-zero-covid-economies-hong-kong

All these western countries "opening up" now and signaling that we should learn to "live with it", I feel, have not yet felt the full effect of the new variants. Important thing is to get their hospitals and medical resources beefed up and ready.

• Praise 2

28 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If the vaccine that people are jabbing now is useless against the new virus, then what will be the next course of action should gahment do?

Wait for booster shot loh.

If most of those vaccinated don't need hospitalization if infected, life can normalize a bit with annual vaccination.  If not, we need a couple more $100bn. 

• Haha! 1

35 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

What's the point? You do a 2-week lockdown, the cases come down and settle to a low number again. Then someone with a bright idea says okay, now can re-open arms and legs again to those countries we keep importing ... and whole cycle starts again, rinse and repeat.

The only people suffering repeatedly are those business owners. Really got to start looking out for a new business model because it doesn't look like the situation will improve in the next 2-3 years at the minimum.

COVID19 exposes serious flaw with our economic model. 

We don't export any goods.

We export our service.  Our main service includes aviation and marine.

3 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Wait for booster shot loh.

If most of those vaccinated don't need hospitalization if infected, life can normalize a bit with annual vaccination.  If not, we need a couple more $100bn. 

Just look at number of ppl in hospital lo.

Currently, there are 132 confirmed cases in Hospital.  Within these 132, there are 2 cases in ICU.

Another 262 confirmed cases in Community Isolation Facility.

16 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Interesting article. Our "expert" is quoted too, that it's impractical to keep on trying to maintain low number of cases by closing borders.

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/health-environment/article/3132633/west-races-back-travel-zero-covid-economies-hong-kong

All these western countries "opening up" now and signaling that we should learn to "live with it", I feel, have not yet felt the full effect of the new variants. Important thing is to get their hospitals and medical resources beefed up and ready.

i agree that it is not practical to keep the borders closed forever.  It can gradually reopen as more of the population is vaccinated.  On the latter, was expecting it to keep scaling up and be open to the under 45 by now.

(edited)
33 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

I feel that once a certain % of their population has been vaccinated, it should be relatively safe to open up, in theory. But, the huge unpredictability comes from the exposure to other countries, whose vaccination rates and even the efficacy differences from the different types of vaccines used can make or break. It's like chasing a moving goal post, with the virus continuing to evolve while measures which countries are undertaking were based on limited understanding, on the previous virus iterations. 

The only way out is once the developed countries had achieved higher rates of vaccinations, they pool together resources via international organisations such as UN / WHO to help vaccinate the poorer countries. Else, we can never control the virus. And this, is probably a 10-15 years timeline. 

Edited by Lethalstrike
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2