COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

Twincharged
(edited)
2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Take $10k deposit and if have Covid during 4 weeks quarantine (quarantine another $5k) forfeit the deposit and immediate deportation.

:D

I think 10k is nothing nowadays for those that can afford it.

do this. If found to fake the quarantine, minimum one stoke of the cane for placing  the nation at risk of another economic melt down.

I think like drugs smugglers, you effectively reduce the desire to come to Singapore  

and if it’s 50 years and above, the family will have to bear the 100k bond if found to fake the certifications 

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

Case 63037 is a 59 year-old female Singaporean who works as a chef at MOS Burger – Suntec City (3 Temasek Boulevard). Her work does not entail interaction with diners.

She was conveyed to Ng Teng Fong General Hospital on 9 May for an unrelated condition, and was tested for COVID-19, even though she is asymptomatic. Her test came back positive for COVID-19 infection on the same day. Her serological test result is pending.

Anyone went Suntec MOS Burger recently? 

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

Supersonic
19 minutes ago, Raubern said:

Case 63037 is a 59 year-old female Singaporean who works as a chef at MOS Burger – Suntec City (3 Temasek Boulevard). Her work does not entail interaction with diners.

She was conveyed to Ng Teng Fong General Hospital on 9 May for an unrelated condition, and was tested for COVID-19, even though she is asymptomatic. Her test came back positive for COVID-19 infection on the same day. Her serological test result is pending.

Anyone went Suntec MOS Burger recently? 

I went to suntec last week siah but not at MOS. 😓

Hypersonic

No wonder they doing deep cleaning of T3 B2. Both are vaccinated.

Case 63047

Case 63047 is a 44 year-old male Singaporean who works as an operations personnel at Raffles Medical located at Changi Airport Terminal 3. 

He developed a blocked nose on 9 May but did not seek medical treatment. He was swabbed on the same day as part of MOH’s special COVID-19 testing operations for all workers in Changi Airport Terminals 1 and 3, as well as Jewel Changi Airport. His test result came back positive on 10 May and he was conveyed in an ambulance to the National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID). His serology test result is pending.  Case 63047 received his first dose of COVID-19 vaccine on 23 February, and the second dose on 16 March. 

Case 63055

Case 63055 is a 59 year-old male Singaporean who is employed by Certis Cisco as an aviation security officer at Changi Airport Terminal 3. His job entails security screening at the departure hall. 

He developed a cough on 5 May but did not seek medical treatment until 7 May, when he visited a General Practitioner clinic. He was given 3 days’ medical leave and advised to remain at home. On 8 May night, he sought medical treatment at another General Practitioner clinic as he had not recovered, and was tested for COVID-19 the next day. His result came back positive for COVID-19 infection on 10 May, and he was conveyed in an ambulance to NCID. His earlier tests from RRT – the last being on 4 May – were all negative for COVID-19 infection. His serological test result is pending. Case 63055 received his first dose of COVID-19 vaccine on 25 January, and the second dose on 15 February. 

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

Hypersonic
2 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Case 63047

Case 63047 is a 44 year-old male Singaporean who works as an operations personnel at Raffles Medical located at Changi Airport Terminal 3. 

He developed a blocked nose on 9 May but did not seek medical treatment. He was swabbed on the same day as part of MOH’s special COVID-19 testing operations for all workers in Changi Airport Terminals 1 and 3, as well as Jewel Changi Airport. His test result came back positive on 10 May and he was conveyed in an ambulance to the National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID). His serology test result is pending.  Case 63047 received his first dose of COVID-19 vaccine on 23 February, and the second dose on 16 March. 

Case 63055

Case 63055 is a 59 year-old male Singaporean who is employed by Certis Cisco as an aviation security officer at Changi Airport Terminal 3. His job entails security screening at the departure hall. 

He developed a cough on 5 May but did not seek medical treatment until 7 May, when he visited a General Practitioner clinic. He was given 3 days’ medical leave and advised to remain at home. On 8 May night, he sought medical treatment at another General Practitioner clinic as he had not recovered, and was tested for COVID-19 the next day. His result came back positive for COVID-19 infection on 10 May, and he was conveyed in an ambulance to NCID. His earlier tests from RRT – the last being on 4 May – were all negative for COVID-19 infection. His serological test result is pending. Case 63055 received his first dose of COVID-19 vaccine on 25 January, and the second dose on 15 February. 

These workers in the airport are directly   exposed to the imported travellers with all kind of of covid19 variants.. Quarantine and SHN will not help in these cases, as they are exposed before the travellers are sent to the facility.  Judging by the high number of cases from changi, the leaks before the quarantine/SHN is huge.

• Praise 6
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
46 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Case 63047

Case 63055

Someone at HWZ compiled the list of cases with vaccination and without.  8 out of the 10 cases were vaccinated. But I would guess like HCW, a large proportion in Changi are vaccinated, thus the proportion or risk, may not be huge.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/changi-airport-covid-19-cluster-grows-after-certis-cisco-officer-raffles-medical-employee-test-ve.6512611/post-133959350

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Windwaver said:

Aiyo, no need to kick la and I've seen all sorts of people that 'exercise' (without their mask) but walk slower than my casual walking speed :XD:

Yah although i condemn with what young guy did was wrong, the lady was also a liar. Brisk walking with that outfit? Just say don’t want wear mask la lol

some ppl i feel like slapping their head never mask up or never wear properly. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

10 hours ago, Tkseah said:

I admit I first read of this case on hwz. 

Anyway, a concern raised there, and also my concern, is that do we know if it's a hate crime?  I mean, we have ministers and even the PM condemning it as such as well.  Which is fine.  Except that I think the police has not concluded their investigation.

So isn't it wrong to pass judgement before the police have finished their investigations?  For us cos we just tcss,  maybe it's not too bad but if ministers are coming out and already saying it is a racial attack, I wonder if this would put undue pressure on the spf to classify it as such.  My take is that they should have refrained from passing judgement until the police have completed their investigations.  If they must comment, then comment along lines like "hope the police get to the bottom of this etc".

My two cents.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Ender said:

These workers in the airport are directly   exposed to the imported travellers with all kind of of covid19 variants.. Quarantine and SHN will not help in these cases, as they are exposed before the travellers are sent to the facility.  Judging by the high number of cases from changi, the leaks before the quarantine/SHN is huge.

I wrote on hwz.   With this new variant, we have three choices now.

1) Have a CB at a time of our choosing which means less disruption 

2)  status quo and hope things improve 

3)  let the virus decide for us when to CB

1&2 are fine.  3 is the worst possible option 

• Praise 3

13 hours ago, Beregond said:

But until  today we still got double digit import case. Its almost double digit everyday for the past month? 

Yalor ......  :we-all-gonna-die:

Very "Umbrage" about it .... :pissed-off:

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
13 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

As mentioned by bros here, build a quarantine facility at St. John's island. 

Everyone from high risk countries ship straight there for 3 weeks quarantine and put $10K deposit. 

Very hard for it to work.. there still will be transmission along the way, unless that 'isolated' facility has an airport and all high risk countries are directed there, this way there's no transmission on the main island itself..

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Philipkee said:

I wrote on hwz.   With this new variant, we have three choices now.

1) Have a CB at a time of our choosing which means less disruption 

2)  status quo and hope things improve 

3)  let the virus decide for us when to CB

1&2 are fine.  3 is the worst possible option 

Isn’t 2 and 3 the same?

4 minutes ago, Chongster said:

Isn’t 2 and 3 the same?

Nope. 

Number 2 is hoping the virus goes away on its own and it does it at least remains stable.  So there is no need for circuit breaker.

Number 3 is hoping the virus goes away in it's own but it doesn't and becomes worse.

Supercharged
8 minutes ago, Scion said:

is it possible that there may be many out there who are asymptomatic...

That is almost certainly the case already

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1