COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

Just now, Sosaria said:

Positive, then negative also scary. The person is carted off to NCID and grouped with other positives, when actually is not infected! [laugh]

End up getting infected.

NCID uses negative pressure isolation ward. Each ward has 1 patient only.

Someone share photo of NCID ward last year.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
1 minute ago, Fcw75 said:

Bro,  Dr Paul is the chairman of SDP.

Time to open up your world.

ok It kind of slipped my mind. The SDP article is very CSJ, combative, full of personal attacks, lifting quotes.

I was reading Dr Paul comments on the Covid situation and he always give a very objective account and no attacks. It is VERY DIFFERENT from the SDP article posted. Don't you agree?

Hypersonic
2 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

ok It kind of slipped my mind. The SDP article is very CSJ, combative, full of personal attacks, lifting quotes.

I was reading Dr Paul comments on the Covid situation and he always give a very objective account and no attacks. It is VERY DIFFERENT from the SDP article posted. Don't you agree?

Come on man, you think they will published the article without consulting Dr Paul?

Your thinking is already biased so whether I agree or not doesn't matter.

• Praise 2

Supercharged
54 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

The other day i got appt with my dentist. We started chatting about this type of "covid spokesperson" and my dentist said that these ppl got to their status as "govt medical assperts"  by "por lumpar" and many in the medical fraternity don't give a fk about their so-called expert status LOL

I tried that with my dentist. All I was able to manage is, "Hur....Nghh....Arrr....Arrrh". But strangely he seems to be able to understand me.  [laugh] 

• Haha! 9

3 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

Dr Paul speak about facts of the situation, what dangers there are, what we should do. It is actually very good and constructive.

SDP... sigh... They attack LW personally by lifting on statement out of context, drum up people's anger vs the government.... it is TOTALLY different narrative...

The Straits Times and the PAP had also directly insinuated that it's the fault of the local population which allowed the new clusters to happen. What kind of misleading narrative that the PAP is trying to put it out across? 

May I also ask if the the mutated strains have originated from Singapore? If no, in which the answer is an obvious NO, I can't see that particular article from SDP as shit stirring and lifting statements out of context, or even putting the blame on Lawrence. 

There should be a difference in admitting there has been oversight in policies, then to cry soul and to put the blame on everybody else when things happen. And worse of all, none of the people put to blame are in the driver's seat to make the call, but the PAP is. 

I can't blame anyone for getting upset with the PAP, really. Especially there has already been a precedence not to shut off China flights quick in early 2020. 

• Praise 9
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
13 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

The Straits Times and the PAP had also directly insinuated that it's the fault of the local population which allowed the new clusters to happen. What kind of misleading narrative that the PAP is trying to put it out across? 

May I also ask if the the mutated strains have originated from Singapore? If no, in which the answer is an obvious NO, I can't see that particular article from SDP as shit stirring and lifting statements out of context, or even putting the blame on Lawrence. 

There should be a difference in admitting there has been oversight in policies, then to cry soul and to put the blame on everybody else when things happen. And worse of all, none of the people put to blame are in the driver's seat to make the call, but the PAP is. 

I can't blame anyone for getting upset with the PAP, really. Especially there has already been a precedence not to shut off China flights quick in early 2020. 

its normal. every one wanting to stay in power must convince those that elected it that any shit hitting the fan is not their doing.

it is because they have excellent leadership that the shit is not worse.

shit hitting the fan is beyond their control just as the sun rises and sets.

if it was any other alternative, it is a dead end as their mighty intellect has already considered it.

i.e. thank you for your suggestions but you are not as smart as we are.

• Haha! 5

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

i was actually quite surprised that the already current 300 000 migrants workers in the dom are still not sufficient. 

Sure not enough .....  :we-all-gonna-die:

How to claim materials and labour cost for a $million bin centre. :slow:

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Spidey10 said:

i think the whole nation understand this...is all at the higher ups and he has to play the selective hearing part else his job is at stake...[laugh]

HUH??

I know this is going to make me public enemy here again.

The stand of the gov as stated by LW is that we take risk-based approach in balancing border and economy. Stop for a moment to consider if we very 'decisive' and closed the borders suka suka when we feel there is imminent threat without considering the impacts of the random action. Would we lose international standing and cause anger among other nations that would not want to trade or invest with us in near future or at all? Do you think we can sustain on our own without any external support as in self-sustaining for prolong period? Do not forget that we are just a little red dot in the international arena without any natural resources. Imagine if many businesses collapsed and people here lose their jobs because we think we should close the borders for long period to ride out the pandemic, would everyone still think it is the best approach? Just look at how much SIA is losing money in just 1 year. How long can we lose before our reserves are depleted? Would some wise guys then come up with a different tune and say we should have considered to loosen the border with some risk management approach?  

Still remember the unfortunate Aloysius incident? Without having the facts, we risk slapping ourselves again when we keep insisting that the spike in infections had not been due to complacency but solely due to border policies. I am not sure about you, but I can certainly see many around me not so diligent in the safe distancing measures when in public places.

Remember go have a jab early and not let vaccination be politicised like in USA last year. You like our gov or not does not matter, getting the jab will ensure that even if you get the flu you will not have the severe symptoms. For now.  

Ok I hope everyone cool down relax, learn to respect different opinions and not just thinking to force your opinion through, and have a good time here in this forum. Take care and stay safe.

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Kopites said:

Change to (PAP) has to be one of the worst political parties ever.... talk only... and they really don't care about singapore I feel...

Applicable as well.

PAP cares about Singaporeans .......

by collecting more $$$ from us 

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic
(edited)

Screenshot_20210505-150022_Facebook.thumb.jpg.4e6c8eff571a02a6744680367ab4c296.jpg

when you need to do your job despite the risk .

Screenshot_20210505-152407_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.055525c79038806ffb5d4fdc64643eef.jpg

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

The stand of the gov as stated by LW is that we take risk-based approach in balancing border and economy. Stop for a moment to consider if we very 'decisive' and closed the borders suka suka when we feel there is imminent threat without considering the impacts of the random action. Would we lose international standing and cause anger among other nations that would not want to trade or invest with us in near future or at all? Do you think we can sustain on our own without any external support as in self-sustaining for prolong period? Do not forget that we are just a little red dot in the international arena without any natural resources. Imagine if many businesses collapsed and people here lose their jobs because we think we should close the borders for long period to ride out the pandemic, would everyone still think it is the best approach? Just look at how much SIA is losing money in just 1 year. How long can we lose before our reserves are depleted? Would some wise guys then come up with a different tune and say we should have considered to loosen the border with some risk management approach?  

Still remember the unfortunate Aloysius incident? Without having the facts, we risk slapping ourselves again when we keep insisting that the spike in infections had not been due to complacency but solely due to border policies. I am not sure about you, but I can certainly see many around me not so diligent in the safe distancing measures when in public places.

Remember go have a jab early and not let vaccination be politicised like in USA last year. You like our gov or not does not matter, getting the jab will ensure that even if you get the flu you will not have the severe symptoms. For now.  

Ok I hope everyone cool down relax, learn to respect different opinions and not just thinking to force your opinion through, and have a good time here in this forum. Take care and stay safe.

Fair enough. 

I think if the narrative is that they acknowledged there has been an oversight due to them not understanding the potency of the mutated strains enough, thus resulting in not tightening up the borders quick enough, the majority of the people online won't be that angry and be quick to point fingers back at them. Instead, we started seeing insinuations from straits times that it's due to the carelessness of the local populace which resulted in mutated strains being brought in and thus the new clusters. 

Most understanding Singaporeans know that no country is an island and we can't shut off completely. But do understand even the PAP acknowledged that they do need to tighten measures selectively as the situation calls for it. 

It's just that this time, they are late in doing so. It is what it is, full stop. 

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Bro,  Dr Paul is the chairman of SDP.

Time to open up your world.

He din read the data on tamby la

• Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Fair enough. 

I think if the narrative is that they acknowledged there has been an oversight due to them not understanding the potency of the mutated strains enough, thus resulting in not tightening up the borders quick enough, the majority of the people online won't be that angry and be quick to point fingers back at them. Instead, we started seeing insinuations from straits times that it's due to the carelessness of the local populace which resulted in mutated strains being brought in and thus the new clusters. 

Most understanding Singaporeans know that no country is an island and we can't shut off completely. But do understand even the PAP acknowledged that they do need to tighten measures selectively as the situation calls for it. 

It's just that this time, they are late in doing so. It is what it is, full stop. 

Exactly and it’s wuhan all over again

late and indecisive!

period!

• Praise 4

Hypersonic
18 hours ago, Flying_genie said:

Forget about stocking up on toilet paper, instant noodles, flour and rice. Time to stock up on condoms as people will be spending a lot of time at home. Also, buy earplugs; will be hearing a lot of nagging from the wife due to too much time together.

Heng I don’t need helmet 😎

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
22 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

true, but did they consider the consequences of being wrong in leaving borders open till they had sufficient data to justify closing it (selectively)?

• Praise 1

(edited)
25 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

The stand of the gov as stated by LW is that we take risk-based approach in balancing border and economy. Stop for a moment to

this is 1 thing that is misleading,

i dun believe any 1 is angry that the border is not close, or any 1 is demanding the border to be close.

we just want tighter control, 

for example why is visitor from red zone/country allow to come in on social pass? it dun make sense. 

Edited by Beregond
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 11
  • Haha! 1