Jump to content
BabyBlade

COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

 

Message added by BabyBlade

Recommended Posts

Supersonic (edited)
25 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

 

The stand of the gov as stated by LW is that we take risk-based approach in balancing border and economy. Stop for a moment to

this is 1 thing that is misleading,

i dun believe any 1 is angry that the border is not close, or any 1 is demanding the border to be close.

we just want tighter control, 

for example why is visitor from red zone/country allow to come in on social pass? it dun make sense. 

Edited by Beregond
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 11
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supercharged
6 minutes ago, RadX said:

Exactly and it’s wuhan all over again

 

late and indecisive!

 

period!

Deja Vu, as you said exactly 1 week ago, in this thread. 

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic
11 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Heng I don’t need helmet 😎

RAW!!!

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator

Hope the downward trend continues for the next few days, and no new cluster emerge. [thumbsup]

1 NEW CASE OF LOCALLY TRANSMITTED COVID-19 INFECTION

5TH MAY 2021

       As of 5 May 2021, 12pm, the Ministry of Health (MOH) has preliminarily confirmed 1 new case of locally transmitted COVID-19 infection 1. Based on our investigations so far, the case is in the community, and there are no new cases in the dormitories. 

2.    In addition, there are 15 imported cases, who had already been placed on Stay-Home Notice upon arrival in Singapore. In total, there are 16 new cases of COVID-19 infection in Singapore today.

3.    We are still working through the details of the cases, and further updates will be shared via the MOH press release that will be issued tonight. 


MINISTRY OF HEALTH
5 MAY 2021

  • Praise 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic

the minister keep talking about we need fw, 

but how many fw we send home this year alone.

those fw are in sg since last years, they been treated proven virus free, we send them home,

alot of company without work send their worker home, some company that got new project  apply for new worker that is expose.

can thing be arrange better??? 

die die must get worker from india??

alot of questions 

 

  • Praise 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged
43 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

I know this is going to make me public enemy here again.

The stand of the gov as stated by LW is that we take risk-based approach in balancing border and economy. Stop for a moment to consider if we very 'decisive' and closed the borders suka suka when we feel there is imminent threat without considering the impacts of the random action. Would we lose international standing and cause anger among other nations that would not want to trade or invest with us in near future or at all? Do you think we can sustain on our own without any external support as in self-sustaining for prolong period? Do not forget that we are just a little red dot in the international arena without any natural resources. Imagine if many businesses collapsed and people here lose their jobs because we think we should close the borders for long period to ride out the pandemic, would everyone still think it is the best approach? Just look at how much SIA is losing money in just 1 year. How long can we lose before our reserves are depleted? Would some wise guys then come up with a different tune and say we should have considered to loosen the border with some risk management approach?  

Still remember the unfortunate Aloysius incident? Without having the facts, we risk slapping ourselves again when we keep insisting that the spike in infections had not been due to complacency but solely due to border policies. I am not sure about you, but I can certainly see many around me not so diligent in the safe distancing measures when in public places.

Remember go have a jab early and not let vaccination be politicised like in USA last year. You like our gov or not does not matter, getting the jab will ensure that even if you get the flu you will not have the severe symptoms. For now.  

Ok I hope everyone cool down relax, learn to respect different opinions and not just thinking to force your opinion through, and have a good time here in this forum. Take care and stay safe.

i only can say... look at new zealand. a good example.

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5th Gear (edited)

😁

Edited by mikk123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6th Gear
3 hours ago, Jellandross said:

The other day i got appt with my dentist. We started chatting about this type of "covid spokesperson" and my dentist said that these ppl got to their status as "govt medical assperts"  by "por lumpar" and many in the medical fraternity don't give a fk about their so-called expert status LOL

These "experts" are the jokers who told us no need to wear masks unless feeling unwell. No mask say no mask la, give people deceiving information for what?

And i'm surprised so many people believed them. Pui.

  • Haha! 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged
4 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

These "experts" are the jokers who told us no need to wear masks unless feeling unwell. No mask say no mask la, give people deceiving information for what?

And i'm surprised so many people believed them. Pui.

fool me once, shame on you.

fool me twice, shame on me.

  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic
2 hours ago, Tkseah said:

If TTSH got more than 1 strain.. doesn't it mean the different strains are from separate clusters?

Mean many to many 

Not one to one :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
4 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Horse Behind Cannon. 

DD9A6EC4-ED31-4ADD-9447-4A01F2B9326D.jpeg

Singaporean must behave in Singaporean's way, what 'far-queue' or 'far-cough', just shout:

"FARK-OFF" :D:D

  • Praise 5
  • Haha! 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic

Ask gahment to stop flights from india for very obvious reasons, our gahment and some  supports can throw in strawman argument on why we cannot shut off from the world.

  • Praise 1
  • Angry 1
  • Haha! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged

Maybe another angle is what has been the consequences of choosing economy over border. Have we been over-reacting so far given how much we have understood the virus and the vaccination available that would reduce the severe symptoms? We could try to have some semblance of economy and normalcy prior covid-19 while dealing with some sporadic outbreak that would not have serious impact on residents here, why not? That is when the current vaccines are able to reduce the virus to a whimper. So instead of complaining on the forum why not go encourage those around you to do the jab to keep everyone safe? I am sure this important fact must have been an factor that the gov has considered when formulating the policies. Normal flu nobody give a damn lah right? 

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged
5 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

. So instead of complaining on the forum why not go encourage those around you to do the jab to keep everyone safe?

I know many people who want to get the vaccine but not able to register for appt due to age limitation. How? is it a demand issue or supply issue?

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged
16 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Singaporean must behave in Singaporean's way, what 'far-queue' or 'far-cough', just shout:

"FARK-OFF" :D:D

Singaporeans will use hokkien versions, especially male and have been to NS. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged
2 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

I know many people who want to get the vaccine but not able to register for appt due to age limitation. How? is it a demand issue or supply issue?

Everything takes time. I believe bias or not, most will appreciate the efforts being put into this vaccination exercise. The older generation who are most vulnerable has been vaccinated, now is the 45 to 60 years old group. So left the younger ones who supposedly younger with better immunity to such sickness who will start to get vaccinated from June. No choice take abit more care till their turn lor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Heartlander said:

I know this is going to make me public enemy here again.

The stand of the gov as stated by LW is that we take risk-based approach in balancing border and economy. Stop for a moment to consider if we very 'decisive' and closed the borders suka suka when we feel there is imminent threat without considering the impacts of the random action. Would we lose international standing and cause anger among other nations that would not want to trade or invest with us in near future or at all? Do you think we can sustain on our own without any external support as in self-sustaining for prolong period? Do not forget that we are just a little red dot in the international arena without any natural resources. Imagine if many businesses collapsed and people here lose their jobs because we think we should close the borders for long period to ride out the pandemic, would everyone still think it is the best approach? Just look at how much SIA is losing money in just 1 year. How long can we lose before our reserves are depleted? Would some wise guys then come up with a different tune and say we should have considered to loosen the border with some risk management approach?  

Still remember the unfortunate Aloysius incident? Without having the facts, we risk slapping ourselves again when we keep insisting that the spike in infections had not been due to complacency but solely due to border policies. I am not sure about you, but I can certainly see many around me not so diligent in the safe distancing measures when in public places.

Remember go have a jab early and not let vaccination be politicised like in USA last year. You like our gov or not does not matter, getting the jab will ensure that even if you get the flu you will not have the severe symptoms. For now.  

Ok I hope everyone cool down relax, learn to respect different opinions and not just thinking to force your opinion through, and have a good time here in this forum. Take care and stay safe.

again, why always think of things in 1 and 0?

closing borders mean cut off from the entire world?

what we want is shut the borders with India, due to its current ongoing crisis

and not to the rest of the world

which part of this is difficult to understand leh?

  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged

To be fair, India spike only got serious in these few months when vaccines already available. So maybe that is why the gov is not so worried about the impact since we need the workers to come in to kick-start our construction projects aka economy. Anyway they reacted when it got very bad recently. Is not like we get the virus we will die, like how we worry back in Jan/2020. Now we have vaccines to protect us.

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×