COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

Turbocharged
10 hours ago, Philipkee said:

I admit I first read of this case on hwz. 

Anyway, a concern raised there, and also my concern, is that do we know if it's a hate crime?  I mean, we have ministers and even the PM condemning it as such as well.  Which is fine.  Except that I think the police has not concluded their investigation.

So isn't it wrong to pass judgement before the police have finished their investigations?  For us cos we just tcss,  maybe it's not too bad but if ministers are coming out and already saying it is a racial attack, I wonder if this would put undue pressure on the spf to classify it as such.  My take is that they should have refrained from passing judgement until the police have completed their investigations.  If they must comment, then comment along lines like "hope the police get to the bottom of this etc".

My two cents.

My thoughts too. Just b'cos the victim says so,  our ministers quick to come to same conclusion the guy uttered racial slur. Though the kungfu kick is uncalled for

Just thinking, can the ministers comments be considered under POFMA, reporting in MSM bf investigations have concluded. 😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Raubern said:

Virus variants from India 'concerning' as infections could spread 'quickly and widely': Gan Kim Yong

https://www.straitstimes.com/ministerial-statements-on-sg-covid-19-situation

Exactly what we've been saying for weeks......... so now throws it back on us to do something.

We said it last week, TOO FECKING LATE, MATE! What's here is here, and we don't have enough vaccinations done to mitigate the arrival.

If we had done the vaccinations, I would be less concerned as they seem to lower, greatly, severity of the illness and we could go on without too many concerns. The issue is worse as it appears this variant targets exactly the portion of our population that have not been vaccinated yet, and will not be done for several months.

How to spell MusterFluck?

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
(edited)

Balls to him la. Our future PM? Hopeless...This country is going down.

B1617 come from where? Community?

Edited by Fcw75
  • Haha! 5

Hypersonic

Racism - real life example.

Plane touch down at Changi airport. Everyone lining up waiting for the doors to open to get off the plane.

Singapore Chinese man switch on his phone and the steward shouts at him - "You cannot do that."

Chinese man turns to ang moh next to him and tells the steward - "why you never say him?"

:D

That's racism.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

I am going to send my MIL there.

U gonna hide her token n phone first ya...

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic

This is racism that happen to me.

I was at Changi airport walking to check in desk with my Korean colleague.

I pass a man in a very smart uniform and he turns to my colleague and with the biggest warmest smile says to him - "Sir you don't need to queue and directs him to VIP check in."

I follow my colleague look at the man and say, " I also no need to queue, I am with him."

Both of us dress the same, business shirts and ties and both our tickets the same - economy class booked by the same corporate travel agent at the same price.

Why he so special? Just because he Korea race?

That's racism.

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

Let me explain racism.

2 men don't wear mask you tell off the Indian man but not the Chinese man. That's racism.

You f them both then it's not racism.

Then the two men set upon you how ?  ... :dizzy:

Poh Mata, got chance to make that calll or not, 2 vs 1  ... :wut:

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
22 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

"But as we know from experience, it only takes one lapse or one irresponsible action for an infection to happen"

He is referring to himself right?

TCSSPM. PM is not Prime Minister hor, it’s Play Mahjong.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

55 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

This is racism that happen to me.

I was at Changi airport walking to check in desk with my Korean colleague.

I pass a man in a very smart uniform and he turns to my colleague and with the biggest warmest smile says to him - "Sir you don't need to queue and directs him to VIP check in."

I follow my colleague look at the man and say, " I also no need to queue, I am with him."

Both of us dress the same, business shirts and ties and both our tickets the same - economy class booked by the same corporate travel agent at the same price.

Why he so special? Just because he Korea race?

That's racism.

Not necessarily.  Maybe he called your colleague over to the VIP check in for "ahem VIP treatment"... but you had to follow and spoil everything. 

Hypersonic
1 minute ago, Philipkee said:

Not necessarily.  Maybe he called your colleague over to the VIP check in for "ahem VIP treatment"... but you had to follow and spoil everything. 

My Korean male colleague.

If like this I can understand.

image.thumb.png.bbeb61a9a9c03a477dde426a5c09b1a3.png

But he look like this.

image.thumb.png.9758bcb93dbb0f64bb257449e4d9a90e.png

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic

If look like this I won't walk in front.

I will walk side by side close close.

Protect her from all the buaya here

image.png.48a7ddbc087c534e4d62ef3ff47ce49b.png

• Haha! 3

Ya more community cases than import today. Next 2-3 weeks will know the full impact.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 2