COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

3 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Again trotting out the same lame excuse that SG cannot shut its borders because we are plugged into the world and all that. Nobody asking for permanent shutting of borders, just a temporary one of a few weeks to months, targeted only at certain countries and enforced earlier. Basically they gambled with our early success in controlling covid and now are paying the price - no, we are paying the price for their gamble.

I'll shout again .......

SEMULA !!

↡ Advertisement

22 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

I see that the article must specially make mention that she is a "singaporean" - next question, original or not? [laugh]

So detailed ah.... 😅

Below is no joke :

I was born and bred here... 

Served my NS dutifully..... 

I welcome cultural diversity to anyone who contribute to our tiny land. 

My race didn't originate here. 

But

Will lay down my life for my country......

If called upon. 

Because my family is here. 

• Praise 6

Supercharged
21 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/politics/parliament-26-cases-of-covid-19-reinfection-detected-in-singapore

What is the report trying to tell me?

So to Jab Or Not to Jab? 

Or Possibly getting booster shots every now and then😢

It's saying, "Stay at home unless you're going for the jab. SG needs to bring in people from India no matter what (Can you hear the background chant "CECA, CECA, CECA,...") We don't want you to be part of the community cluster. STAY HOMMMMME."

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

1 minute ago, Didu said:

It's saying, "Stay at home unless you're going for the jab. SG needs to bring in people from India no matter what (Can you hear the background chant "CECA, CECA, CECA,...") We don't want you to be part of the community cluster. STAY HOMMMMME."

Can you tell this to my boss? 😅😅😅

• Haha! 2

(edited)

VJC case linked to changi airport cluster

She had been at Raffles Medical at Changi Airport Terminal 3 on 23 April, 30 April and 3 May. She also visited Kopitiam located at Changi Airport Terminal 3 Basement 2 on 3 May. Based on our investigations, Cases 62942 and 62945 had also visited the same foodcourt on 3 May. She was likely to have been infected while she was at Changi Airport Terminal 3 on 3 May.

The 3 unlinked Covid-19 community cases:

27-year-old Malaysian man who works as a manufacturing operator at Siltronic Singapore

50 year old PR who works as a IT support staff at Kulicke & Soffa. He also works part time as a barista at Starbucks Plaza Singapura and a general worker at LBC Express at Lucky Plaza

42 year old Malaysian man who works  as an operating theatre technician at  Ng Teng Fong Hospital

https://mothership.sg/2021/05/unlinked-cases-starbucks-barista-ng-teng-fong/

Edited by Raubern
  • Praise 4
  • Shocked 1

Turbocharged
7 hours ago, Didu said:

If there's no law directive, ppl will continue BAU.. nobody gives a damn.. until SHIT hits the fan..

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
10 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

While we MCFers can kpkb govt, CECA, AMDKs and poke fun at stupid paper generals, I too find it disturbing and for once agree with LHL that physical attacks veiled by racism should have no place here in SG, Covid or not. 

There should be zero tolerance for such incidents and rightly so. It could happen to any Chinese, Malay, Indian, Ang Moh and that shouldn't be happening, else our racial harmony stands for nothing. 

Jail and cane period. 

Need to end stupidity.

• Praise 3

Supercharged

I'm bracing for CB 2.0. It looks imminent. If not some tightening measures like no dine-in only take outs. 

• Praise 4

Twincharged
(edited)
10 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Racism and xenophobic behaviour will become normalised if S'pore is not careful, warns Shanmugam
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/racism-and-xenophobic-behaviour-will-become-normalised-if-spore-is-not-careful-warns

I wonder if the same could be true if job discrimination against Singaporean will become normalised if Singapore is not careful… but I am sure we are readjusting to the new normal every day

i for one refused to believe that regardless of race , language or religion can be so frail despite it been repeated throughout our childhood days to national service to adulthood to live and breathe the pledge.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 6
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

I wonder if the same could be true if job discrimination against Singaporean will become normalised if Singapore is not careful… but I am sure we are readjusting to the new normal every day

i for one refused to believe that regardless of race , language or religion can be so frail despite it been repeated throughout our childhood days to national service to adulthood to live and breathe the pledge.

You have brought up a very good point.

We need data of the percentage and number of locals working in a company owned by foreigners under the CECA arrangement, and percentage and number of locals working for foreign managers/supervisors of all the organisations here. Only then we will know if Singaporeans or foreigners are more xenophobic.

K Shan - I urge you to provide this data before your debate with Leong. I will wait with bated breath.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 9
  • Angry 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

Well, I still don’t see him talked about STVP visiting family members, conveniently forgot ah? And no one in parliament dared to ask...duh.

Talk is cheap until one of their family members or someone in Parliament House get it. 

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 4

Hypersonic
57 minutes ago, Gizmore said:

I'm bracing for CB 2.0. It looks imminent. If not some tightening measures like no dine-in only take outs. 

No CB2.0 because the Shangri-la dialogue and World Economic Forum are still going ahead.

• Praise 4
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
(edited)
8 hours ago, Atonchia said:

So detailed ah.... 😅

Below is no joke :

I was born and bred here... 

Served my NS dutifully..... 

I welcome cultural diversity to anyone who contribute to our tiny land + obeying and following our law 

My race didn't originate here. 

But

Will lay down my life for my country......

If called upon. 

Because my family is here. 

May i add in one more part  obeying and following our law 

Edited by RH1667
  • Praise 5

Twincharged
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

You have brought up a very good point.

We need data of the percentage and number of locals working in a company owned by foreigners under the CECA arrangement, and percentage and number of locals working for foreign managers/supervisors of all the organisations here. Only then we will know if Singaporeans or foreigners are more xenophobic.

K Shan - I urge you to provide this data before your debate with Leong. I will wait with bated breath.

One of the hiring rules that should be taken into consideration is ICT or inter company transfer.

this means as long as you are hired say for example from uK or Japan in the overseas office, you are able to be bought into Singapore as a transfer staff augmentation.

what are the numbers . We should focus on the whole environment and not be caught flat footed on one area . 

also need to check if there is correlation/ validation of MOM with ICA to have a better snapshot of how Singapore is progressing for the population count. And how many of the PR refused to become Singaporean snd how to improve the take up rate of these high net worth individuals.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

22 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Well, I still don’t see him talked about STVP visiting family members, conveniently forgot ah? And no one in parliament dared to ask...duh.

Talk is cheap until one of their family members or someone in Parliament House get it. 

Including Oppo MP?

😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2