COVID-19: SG to enter Phase 3 from 28th Dec

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Phase 2: 

Was hoping n praying the ccb who attacked the indian lady is not a chinese.... he forgot where covid came from n so many chinese being harassed around the world cus of ccb ah tiongland..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

44 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Racism comes from the top - why is it that our PM always have to be a Chinese????

Indian president can be argued as Malay president. Nothing to do with racism. 

I can say if one day a Chinese opposition candidate qualifies himself as PM material, they might claim we aren't ready for a Hokkien Chinese PM. We only want Hakka, Teochew, Cantonese Chinese PM. 

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 6

Supercharged
23 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Indian president can be argued as Malay president. Nothing to do with racism. 

I can say if one day a Chinese opposition candidate qualifies himself as PM material, they might claim we aren't ready for a Hokkien Chinese PM. We only want Hakka, Teochew, Cantonese Chinese PM. 

Need Straits Chinese blood - with family tree to prove from 1800s

• Haha! 5

(edited)
1 hour ago, Weez911 said:

Racism comes from the top - why is it that our PM always have to be a Chinese????

Cos we are no ready yet for ceca pm?😆

to the day until we can accept ceca with open heart😬

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 5

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Weez911 said:

It is because racism got normalised as Shan just warn u

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
27 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Cos we are no ready yet for ceca pm?😆

to the day until we can accept ceca with open heart😬

life can be stranger than fiction...

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
5 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

One of the hiring rules that should be taken into consideration is ICT or inter company transfer.

this means as long as you are hired say for example from uK or Japan in the overseas office, you are able to be bought into Singapore as a transfer staff augmentation.

That could exactly be DBS's plan, taking advantage of CECA. DBS likely to shut down some if its existing 600 branches in India. Then ship the excess staff back to SG.

DBS Bank planning to alter India branches in 2-3 years: Report

Singapore-based DBS Bank is likely to trim its network of 600 branches in India in the next two-three years as part of rationalisation of operations, accord is to a media report. Piyush Gupta, chief executive of DBS Group, said: “Do we need 600 branches? I do not think”. The bank, however, did not indicate the number of branches it planned to rationalise.

https://bfsi.eletsonline.com/dbs-bank-planning-alter-india-branches-in-2-3-years-report/

• Shocked 1

Twincharged
On 5/10/2021 at 11:42 AM, Jamesc said:

Not only will have fake vaccine certs

next time will also have vaccine mill certs.

:D

what about fake vaccine.....

Twincharged
16 minutes ago, Didu said:

That could exactly be DBS's plan, taking advantage of CECA. DBS likely to shut down some if its existing 600 branches in India. Then ship the excess staff back to SG.

Singapore-based DBS Bank is likely to trim its network of 600 branches in India in the next two-three years as part of rationalisation of operations, accord is to a media report. Piyush Gupta, chief executive of DBS Group, said: “Do we need 600 branches? I do not think”. The bank, however, did not indicate the number of branches it planned to rationalise.

https://bfsi.eletsonline.com/dbs-bank-planning-alter-india-branches-in-2-3-years-report/

That's not how the operating model work.

If you recall, there is a "disruption" in place. The bulk of "retail banking " a physical brick and mortal model where people queue for services, is moving away to a Grab food Super app environment. Even finance or micro finance is competing and going mobile.

Retail banking or rather Physical paper money is moving away. Except for some shops and wet market. But that's for Singapore.

By sunsetting the retail, the experience teller would also not be required. Bring over to SG may not fly as you have a plane load of people with redundant skillsets.

So no, there will not be a mass exodus to Sg .

Plus the fact that DBS is purported buying Citibank asset, they probably have enough jobs there to chill for the time being.

So not much to worry.

It was reported the victim was going to her place of work as a private tutor. Attacker saw her and asked her to put on her face mask. Victim replied that she was doing brisk walk. It was also reported that the victim always do her morning brisk walk to her place of work. Whether it is a brisk walk or casual walk, we do not really know. To some ppl, brisk walk can be slow due to age, health and other factors. The action taken by the attacker is not acceptable but what was being said between them, we really do not know. Let's the authority to find out.

Right now, the question is can everyone claim to be doing brisk walking while walking from one point to another (for example going Fairprice to buy groceries) without wearing the face mask properly?

Supercharged
15 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

That's not how the operating model work.

If you recall, there is a "disruption" in place. The bulk of "retail banking " a physical brick and mortal model where people queue for services, is moving away to a Grab food Super app environment. Even finance or micro finance is competing and going mobile.

Retail banking or rather Physical paper money is moving away. Except for some shops and wet market. But that's for Singapore.

By sunsetting the retail, the experience teller would also not be required. Bring over to SG may not fly as you have a plane load of people with redundant skillsets.

So no, there will not be a mass exodus to Sg .

Plus the fact that DBS is purported buying Citibank asset, they probably have enough jobs there to chill for the time being.

So not much to worry.

I hope you're right.

While we have racism due to Covid concerns, the discrimination against TTSH employees continues. Last year when Covid broke out, it's the same treatment on nurses wearing uniforms taking public transport.

Glad to see MOH is putting taxpayers dollars to good use, to house them alternatively in hotels for the time being, for those who got evicted at  short notice. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ttsh-covid-19-cluster-nurses-asked-to-move-out-shunned-14786488

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
4 minutes ago, Didu said:

I hope you're right.

at this point in time, should be quite chun.

Unless like germany , last time everyone keep on saying how come technician in Germany earn so much.

Because the technician is an equivalent to a Senior engineer JD in Singapore and know more than any equivalent technician in SG

So if the Indian banking teller also does Data Analytics and Business functionality or Merger and Acquisitions, then of course there are transferable skills. But if just doing money transaction and asking for supervisor over ride to turn dormant acct to LIVE, then bo kangtao.

If there is a conversion course to turn them into WB or any of the unque skills of bringing VHNI from india to SG then of course no horse run.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
17 minutes ago, Carride said:

It was reported the victim was going to her place of work as a private tutor. Attacker saw her and asked her to put on her face mask. Victim replied that she was doing brisk walk. It was also reported that the victim always do her morning brisk walk to her place of work. Whether it is a brisk walk or casual walk, we do not really know. To some ppl, brisk walk can be slow due to age, health and other factors. The action taken by the attacker is not acceptable but what was being said between them, we really do not know. Let's the authority to find out.

Right now, the question is can everyone claim to be doing brisk walking while walking from one point to another (for example going Fairprice to buy groceries) without wearing the face mask properly?

You can see many people not wearing their mask properly walking outside lo. This woman just happen to appear at the wrong place wrong time and bump onto that attacker who is finding trouble with other people la.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)
6 minutes ago, 13177 said:

You can see many people not wearing their mask properly walking outside lo. This woman just happen to appear at the wrong place wrong time and bump onto that attacker who is finding trouble with other people la.

u going to tell me, if I walk briskly in my shorts and singlet in slippers to the Kopitiam, I can also not wear Mask ?

If the people from the chicken stall don't come out with chopper, I very lucky liao, let alone the safe distance ambassador will fined me 10,000 dollars

So if I was the attacker, want to cause trouble, I will try to video her to kanna the 10K fine. Not beat her up.

Plus now we know she in SG for 25 years, the 10K fined She will also be aware, there is no discount and no lucky draw for the amount spend ...

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Didu said:

It doesn't make sense. Operating branches in india and paying in Rs is much cheaper, no?

Turbocharged
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Carride said:

Yes, that is the problem. That is why it is much simpler to just make it a rule that everyone has to either wear masks outdoors OR not. Regardless whether you are brisk walking, running, cycling, riding a motor-bike, etc.

The rules as it is now, allowing maskless if "exercising", creates a lot of doubt and loophole.

Though I suspect it's because the risk of contracting covid in outdoor environment is really very low, and it is possible to allow mask-free outdoors, but to make the message simple, and the authorities want to inculcate mask-wearing as a habit, so

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 4

52 minutes ago, Carride said:

Can.

There is one joker at my neighbourhood who walks around without mask on. When there are people around him, he will quicken his pace and starts to swing his arms.

That's brisk walking?

↡ Advertisement
  • Angry 1
  • Haha! 6