Large screw punctures man's motorcycle tyre along TPE -- a month after he paid $650 to change it

kobayashiGT

4 hours ago, Phang said:

motorcycle tires are more expensive than car tires generally, economies of scale I guess

but not at $650 per tire for that Dunlop GT502 

because not many ppl selling. no 1 fight over price. and u realise motor parts and tyres very seldom advertise on social media , less fighting over who selling at lower price.

not to mention these tyres have not much market for it, its high risk to keep stock,  and consumer nowsaday want their tyre as fresh as possible esp those high end bike, they want the best grip, ( so they would have a hard time selling out once the tyre get like 1 year old in stock )

i think its only  natural the mark up price is high considering all these factors.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Wah.. Just kena a similar sized bolt, although shorter, a few days ago too. Worst thing was, I'd just gotten my car for a few days (although it's a used car)

Went to tyre shop, they could not patch. Ended up spending almost $400 changing a pair of tyres, cos they are run flats. Also couldn't change just 1 tyre, cos the other 3 tyres are already partially worn, it will be uneven.

Picture1.jpg.a426832f69365e924d2320c524ee7576.jpg

• Praise 3

6 hours ago, Phang said:

motorcycle tires are more expensive than car tires generally, economies of scale I guess

but not at $650 per tire for that Dunlop GT502 

Thread pattern might be the same. Perhaps the $650 tyre got Atas Harley Davidson markings on it instead of Dunlop??

• Praise 2

24 minutes ago, Jwee85 said:

Thread pattern might be the same. Perhaps the $650 tyre got Atas Harley Davidson markings on it instead of Dunlop??

the screenshot didn't capture the rest of the description 😅

It is a tire with HARLEY-DAVIDSON Logo

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 12/16/2020 at 10:31 AM, Optramagnum said:

Bolt also can go in, really sway... But luckily safe and sound.. That's most important. 

I got one time bolt and nut all go in then the nut stuck there cannot come out.