Issue with fuel pumping

Saj

Well done! Thanks for reporting back... so it's more complicated that I thought... I guess since it's the fuel line, better to go back to agent to get it fixed properly... it's $300 well spent... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

On 1/19/2021 at 12:48 PM, Saj said:

Bro, you are spot on regarding the issue. There is a flap at the end of the plastic sleeve (I guess to prevent evaporation). Since the flap is far below now, it dos not open up adequately during refueling causing petrol to accumulate too quick in the neck area leading the sensor of the nozzle to think tank is full. 

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions.

UPDATE: As I did not see any other recommended workshops in this thread, I decided to visit Komoco. They replaced the plastic sleeve (Fuel Neck and hose Assembly).
See the "before and after" pictures attached.
Part cost $208.65 (after 20% discount); Labor cost $120. Total damage $351.65 (including GST). Now the refueling only takes 3-4min (vs, 15min before)😃

Before and After.JPG

i think my previous manual avante had this same issue when i cant use the auto stop pumping too. every few seconds and the fuel pump will stop cause of the backflow of the petrol which was damn irritating. 

but in the end i sold the car so i couldn't be bothered to fix it since the car was only left with 1.5 years too. 

On 1/19/2021 at 12:48 PM, Saj said:

Bro, you are spot on regarding the issue. There is a flap at the end of the plastic sleeve (I guess to prevent evaporation). Since the flap is far below now, it dos not open up adequately during refueling causing petrol to accumulate too quick in the neck area leading the sensor of the nozzle to think tank is full. 

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions.

UPDATE: As I did not see any other recommended workshops in this thread, I decided to visit Komoco. They replaced the plastic sleeve (Fuel Neck and hose Assembly).
See the "before and after" pictures attached.
Part cost $208.65 (after 20% discount); Labor cost $120. Total damage $351.65 (including GST). Now the refueling only takes 3-4min (vs, 15min before)😃

Before and After.JPG

Wow, YOU PAID 350 buck for a Plastic cap ??

I should have told you earlier, I would have  used a disposable Chopstick to push it open.  I do it ALL THE TIME when pumping in JB. 

• Haha! 2

14 hours ago, Apple-Tree said:

I should have told you earlier, I would have  used a disposable Chopstick to push it open.  I do it ALL THE TIME when pumping in JB. 

Not just for the plastic sleeve, they replaced fuel neck and hose assembly. I consider this as an investment for convenience, time-saving, safety and zero hassle.

• Praise 3

56 minutes ago, Saj said:

Not just for the plastic sleeve, they replaced fuel neck and hose assembly. I consider this as an investment for convenience, time-saving, safety and zero hassle.

Good thinking and rationale ☝️

• Praise 1

I never allow petrol attendant to top up my tank. They are usually rough and push the fuel noozle in with great force, hence causing the white plastic in the fuel tank neck to dislodge and slide inwards.

On 1/22/2021 at 12:32 AM, Apple-Tree said:

I would have pulled out the old plastic sleeve and throw it away. I don’t see the need for it except to prevent some splash back. Stupid design by Koreans to put a piece of plastic there. Never seen in other brands. 

• Haha! 1

I never allow petrol attendant to top up my tank. They are usually rough and push the fuel noozle in with great force, hence causing the white plastic in the fuel tank neck to dislodge and slide inwards.

40 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

I would have pulled out the old plastic sleeve. Stupid design by Koreans to put a piece of plastic there. Never seen in other brands. 

The white plastic is to prevent a diesel noozle from being inserted into it. Petrol noozle is smaller for a reason.

36 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

The white plastic is to prevent a diesel noozle from being inserted into it. Petrol noozle is smaller for a reason.

Other brands have done it without the need for a plastic part. 

42 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

Some fker even tore out my cap strap for no reasons I can think of 

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Scholesy said:

Some fker even tore out my cap strap for no reasons I can think of 

That’s why I never allow them to touch. If they do any damage, no way to get restitution. Also I feel bad to make them pay. So best is for them not to touch and both sides happy. 
I also laugh when I see able bodied young men wait wait for the pump attendant to come over to “ help”. 

10 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

I would have pulled out the old plastic sleeve and throw it away. I don’t see the need for it except to prevent some splash back. Stupid design by Koreans to put a piece of plastic there. Never seen in other brands. 

I think the flip stop is to prevent FOD from falling into the tank lor ....... like DIAMOND in RING fall off laa, KFC lucky bone turn bad laaa etc.

I drive conti ,sushi, kimchi ...... all never got this problem ....... whether ownself pump laa, pple pump for me ......OK.

My current car Kia Carens Diesel ........ don't have this flap wor ...... I think, I check again next time I pump at cheap cheap CNERGY hor .....

10 hours ago, Vinceng said:

Once the SPC attendent forgot to screw back the cap. At my next top up (at another place) I found out about it.  Called that SPC station and they checked their CCTV and confirmed their fault and the cap was run over! Bought a new original one and they compensated me. 

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

Once the SPC attendent forgot to screw back the cap. At my next top up (at another place) I found out about it.  Called that SPC station and they checked their CCTV and confirmed their fault and the cap was run over! Bought a new original one and they compensated me. 

I replaced the broken cap strap with a nylon cord so it will not fall off!

Hmmm... all the horror stories... never had an issue with the pump attendant damaging my fuel filler cap or the fuel inlet leh... I usually let them pump... I use only 2 petrol stations mostly...

3 hours ago, SesilH said:

If you have some issues with fuel pumping I think it would be useful for you to check up the quality of your fuel. 

Eh? What has quality of fuel got to do with fuel pumping issues?

↡ Advertisement