SIM Only Mobile Plans Discussion

Blueray

Starting a thread to consolidate the sharing of SIM-only plan experiences and lobangs. 

Still 1 month+ left on my current M1 SIM-only contract and looking at what other players (telco and MVNO) are offering.

Came across Zero1's 6u plan which seems pretty competitive, so putting this plan on my radar screen.

Zero1.PNG

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Does SIM only have contract (lock-in period)? I have an M1 SIM only but no contract leh? 

I've got GOMO on two phones and am considering porting my M1 over to GOMO. But there are occasionally reported issues with tethering and lack of VoLTE. You'll lose 4G while on a call. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

Internal Moderator
3 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Does SIM only have contract (lock-in period)? I have an M1 SIM only but no contract leh? 

I've got GOMO on two phones and am considering porting my M1 over to GOMO. But there are occasionally reported issues with tethering and lack of VoLTE. You'll lose 4G while on a call. 

yah. I am on M1 now, and most of the time, I am only on 3G.

• Praise 2

1 minute ago, kobayashiGT said:

yah. I am on M1 now, and most of the time, I am only on 3G.

I find my Huawei phone is able to sustain 4G well, even while on a call. 

It's the GOMO that gives issues. That's why I'm hesitant to port over. Small savings and more data, but may not be worth the reliability hit. 

Plus M1 customer service is worse than before, but still better than GOMO. GOMO CS is practically non existent. 

Edited by Turboflat4

15 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

my M1 SIM-only is on 1 year contract.

Mobile data coverage has been patchy based on butt feel so looking at operators.

GOMO was on my shortlist until I found that Zero1 had cheaper plans.

• Praise 1

I just re-contracted with Singtel- SIM-only 12-month contract

$20, including 40GB data, 1000 mins talking time, 500 SMS and free caller ID.

I got this promotion from an email sent by Singtel.

singtel.jpg

Edited by Somewhat1975
  • Praise 5

I'm also looking for the cheapest SIM only plan with min 5GB data, some voice mins and SMS, that's all I need.

But I read here and there, some plans seems to have some problems.

Am on starhub no contract Sim only plan using NTUC PLUS card - 30 GB and unlimited local calls at 20 dollars. Some rebates but forgotten how much. 

Wify on corporate individual plan 1 yr contract SIM only 110GB at 35 dollars with 60 dollars rebate. Unlimited calls also. 

• Praise 2

I'm on giga. 6gb. $10/month.

So far working well. Will port my wife over when her circles contract is up.

Starhub network is bit better than M1. But the claim that got reception in lifts is still false. But the dead spots in hdb carparks is better covered by Starhub.

• Praise 4

20 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

I'm also looking for the cheapest SIM only plan with min 5GB data, some voice mins and SMS, that's all I need.

But I read here and there, some plans seems to have some problems.

cheap ones with < 10GB data are usually with the MVNOs.

am looking at MVNO cos my needs are simple and I do not need servicing.

just want to have a cheaper mobile bill than what I am currently paying.

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

Some M1 SIM only has contract.

I canceled my M1 in Oct and ported to Giga. I didn't realise I was on a contract cos all i had was one sms confirming a recontract. But my monthly bills never reflected that i was on a contract, which is usually reflected.

Argued with the CS on 2 separate occasions and finally got the early termination fee waived.

• Praise 2

28 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Am on starhub no contract Sim only plan using NTUC PLUS card - 30 GB and unlimited local calls at 20 dollars. Some rebates but forgotten how much. 

Wify on corporate individual plan 1 yr contract SIM only 110GB at 35 dollars with 60 dollars rebate. Unlimited calls also. 

not really unlimited call but 1000min, i dun even use more than 30min a month [laugh]

4G-Mobile-Plans-StarHub-Singapore.png

i subscribed the Red one $8/mth plan for my mum, good thing is the 300min call and 3GB data can be used in both SG & MY, even for calling msia here.

She can now call her relatives in msia without incurring extra cost.

• Praise 6

32 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I'm on giga. 6gb. $10/month.

So far working well. Will port my wife over when her circles contract is up.

Starhub network is bit better than M1. But the claim that got reception in lifts is still false. But the dead spots in hdb carparks is better covered by Starhub.

Giga's good, especially the data rollover feature.

• Praise 2

21 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

not really unlimited call but 1000min, i dun even use more than 30min a month [laugh]

Spoiler

4G-Mobile-Plans-StarHub-Singapore.png

Me too mainly because I'm using data calls these days, call quality is pretty decent.

• Praise 1

Just now, Windwaver said:

Giga's good, especially the data rollover feature.

yes. that's helpful.

But then I'm generally a light user when I'm not in wifi zones at work/home.

↡ Advertisement