SIM Only Mobile Plans Discussion

Blueray

On 1/11/2021 at 4:52 PM, Lala81 said:

my giga is down...

StarHub's Giga apologises to customers for service disruptions and billing errors

SINGAPORE - Telco StarHub's sub-brand Giga has apologised for a spate of service disruptions and billing errors that has hit some of its customers, several of whom appear to be new to the brand's contract-free mobile plans.

More than 70 users had taken to the brand's Facebook page last week to complain about having difficulties with their cell and Internet service, with many noting that they had been overcharged repeatedly by the company.

In response to queries from The Straits Times, Giga said on Tuesday (Jan 12) that it had rectified the "temporary issue", which arose from an earlier scheduled maintenance that had inadvertently affected "a small number" of customers.

https://www.straitstimes.com/tech/tech-news/starhubs-giga-apologises-to-customers-for-service-disruptions-and-billing-errors

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1

14 minutes ago, Blueray said:

StarHub's Giga apologises to customers for service disruptions and billing errors

https://www.straitstimes.com/tech/tech-news/starhubs-giga-apologises-to-customers-for-service-disruptions-and-billing-errors

Yes. I found out about it when I was trying to solve my network down issue.

The worst thing is the service recovery was horrendous. And it is incredibly difficult to speak to a human cso. And even flagging tickets won't get you replies. A number of These people couldn't use their phones for days. Their account/line was closed. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Shocked 1

48 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Yes. I found out about it when I was trying to solve my network down issue.

The worst thing is the service recovery was horrendous. And it is incredibly difficult to speak to a human cso. And even flagging tickets won't get you replies. A number of These people couldn't use their phones for days. Their account/line was closed. 

Don’t think giga! Got human one

That’s why so cheap 

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Mustank said:

Don’t think giga! Got human one

That’s why so cheap 

Yeah I'm worried what happens if got such problem.

Since I only carry one line. Though I'm mostly at work or at home or parents/in-laws place. But if want to go outside mall without hp is sibei marfan.

Nowadays no QR code scanner or Singpass mobile is damn GG.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Since I only carry one line. Though I'm mostly at work or at home or parents/in-laws place. But if want to go outside mall without hp is sibei marfan.

You have to go back to traditional telco liao

My mum is on giga but her usage needs is extremely Low one 

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Take a screenshot of the SE screen 😁

13 cheapest SIM-only mobile plans in Singapore 2021 (<$20/month)

JANUARY 13, 2021

Gone are the days when you’d have to sign up with one of the big 3 telcos — Singtel, Starhub and M1 — just for mobile data.

With one of these cheap SIM-only data plans, you’d no longer have to commit for 2 years and be obligated to wait for re-contract discounts on your new handset. Just take the money you save on your SIM-only plan, and get yourself a new phone on Lazada.

With so many new players and virtual telcos like Circles.Life, TPG, redONE and so on joining the fray, mobile data plans are now a buyer’s market. Check out how the cheapest SIM-only mobile plans stack up.

https://www.asiaone.com/lifestyle/13-cheapest-sim-only-mobile-plans-singapore-2021

On 1/13/2021 at 2:19 PM, Mustank said:

You have to go back to traditional telco liao

My mum is on giga but her usage needs is extremely Low one 

Traditional Telcos got human to talk to, but outcome could be worse! I just vomitted few bowls of blood due to the CSO. 😞

• Haha! 2

6 minutes ago, Kangadrool said:

Traditional Telcos got human to talk to, but outcome could be worse! I just vomitted few bowls of blood due to the CSO. 😞

which one? m1 has always been good to me

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

which one? m1 has always been good to me

Same colour as blood. LOL

Agree that overall the Sun is easier to deal with even though some complained standard has dropped. 

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

37 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Some of us got shares in Telco hor don't tell everyone lah.

Wah TPG cheap hor 50 GB for 10 dollars only.

I think I will cancel my home broadband and hotspot TPG.

:D

they heard you ...

think enough data for your massage business as well ?

Singapore's fourth telco TPG targets heavy data users with $18 for 80GB SIM-only plan

SINGAPORE - Singapore's fourth telco TPG Telecom launched a SIM-only plan targeted at heavy data users on Thursday (Jan 14) that, at $18 for 80GB, is the most value-for-money of its kind in the market currently.

The mobile data offered under TPG's monthly plan is at 4G speeds. This is in comparison with "unlimited" data plans, which are the cheapest on paper but throttle surfing speeds once users exceed a daily or monthly threshold, such as 4GB per day or 30GB per month.

The plan also includes 500 minutes of local outgoing calls and 300 minutes of international direct dialling (IDD) to 21 countries including Malaysia, Indonesia, Bangladesh and China.

https://www.straitstimes.com/tech/singapores-fourth-telco-tpg-targets-heavy-data-users-with-18-for-80gb-sim-only-plan

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Kangadrool said:

M1 cso have been ok imo. All the times managed to gety queries answered/rectify.

The only problem is getting through to them. So all times I would just on speaker let the advert as background music. It can go anything from 30 min to 45min. Haha

• Praise 1

33 minutes ago, Blueray said:

they heard you ...

think enough data for your massage business as well ?

Singapore's fourth telco TPG targets heavy data users with $18 for 80GB SIM-only plan

https://www.straitstimes.com/tech/singapores-fourth-telco-tpg-targets-heavy-data-users-with-18-for-80gb-sim-only-plan

one person use is ok. 4g speeds, even 2 people use will be back to ADSL era...

• Praise 1