SIM Only Mobile Plans Discussion

Blueray

47 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I would say 4g data coverage is slightly slightly  better than m1 on certain poor zones like multi storey car parks at my work place. 

Lifts is still dead zone usually. 

I think for most telco signal somehow would be dead or distorted in lifts.

I remember donkey years ago starhub coverage no good, guess they have improved a lot liao?

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

anyone using vivifi?

I am also curious about vivifi.  Seriously considering the share plan for 4 phone lines to share 40 GB

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

anyone using vivifi?

using vivifi, it is actually using singtel network and is basically a really no-frill plan, good if you have a few lines that can use their share plan, bad is the collection of sim card

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, 13177 said:

I think for most telco signal somehow would be dead or distorted in lifts.

I remember donkey years ago starhub coverage no good, guess they have improved a lot liao?

Honestly who would be bother with weak signal inside the lift? Politeness we won't be chatting nor surfing youtube.😄

We are taking things for granted.

As long as within indoor (office/residential) signal is strong I am ok with it.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
28 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Honestly who would be bother with weak signal inside the lift? Politeness we won't be chatting nor surfing youtube.😄

doesn't affect some commercial buildings as they have a repeater at every lift lobby. but yes, no way to overcome unless repeater at every floor. and of course the consumer will pay for it.

FYI 5G base stations are much closer and denser, more power hungry too. so likely the cost will go up sooner or later.

6 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

doesn't affect some commercial buildings as they have a repeater at every lift lobby. but yes, no way to overcome unless repeater at every floor. and of course the consumer will pay for it.

FYI 5G base stations are much closer and denser, more power hungry too. so likely the cost will go up sooner or later.

Ccs said.

Cotton from sheep.

We demand better coverage better service than be prepare to pay more.

54 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Very important to have strong signal inside lift. It is very useful when it breaks down while you are inside.

Can call for help. While awaiting help, can surf net and yank away...

• Praise 2

31 minutes ago, Kangadrool said:

Very important to have strong signal inside lift. It is very useful when it breaks down while you are inside.

Can call for help. While awaiting help, can surf net and yank away...

A weak signal is a good excuse to share phone with the lady trapped together inside the lift.

Ok kidding. 😄

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Kopites said:

For lift breakdown if so sway kena lo. 😅

Anyone on Starhub postpaid plan.. i always have this 4G signal drop after surfing for awhile. To resolve it, have to switch to Flight mode then back. I use Tpg sim..no such issues.

Have tried get new sim card.. same issues. Read in SH community page, there are also some users facing the same issues !

Hypersonic
On 4/25/2021 at 1:36 AM, Blueray said:

Giga mobilecampaign_20_Apr.png

Myrepublic has a slightly better plan at$17 The core plan. 50gb, 500mins, 500sms,free incoming and caller id. Just ported my number to my wife's account. No need for admin charges to transfer account if done via this way.

• Praise 2

(edited)
On 5/9/2021 at 7:53 PM, Ender said:

Myrepublic has a slightly better plan at$17 The core plan. 50gb, 500mins, 500sms,free incoming and caller id. Just ported my number to my wife's account. No need for admin charges to transfer account if done via this way.

How is the reception?

Also how is the throttle speed feel?

Planning to switch over for their $10 6 gbs for whole family.

Giving up on M1 as loyalty count for none in this time of age. (M1 latest promo only valid for new customer😤).

Edited by Kopites

On 4/9/2021 at 5:46 PM, Flying_genie said:

Compared to the Giga plan, this MyRepublic plan gives more minutes and sms. They use M1's network. My kids are on this plan. 
6GB data on normal 4G speeds, thereafter throttled speeds unlimited data. 
The good thing about the throttled speeds after the initial 6GB, it'll teach kids to watch their data usage while allowing parents to still contact them using lowered speeds if initial data is exceeded.

Screenshot_2021-04-09-17-39-32-65.thumb.jpg.60123205bea5243348fba758723b690a.jpg

How is the throttle speed like? Surfing news/what app/using banking app still manageable?

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Flying_genie said:

@Kopites 
Sorry, can't tell. My kids have never reached the 6GB limit on their phone plan, especially now with the HBL and June school holiday.

Thanks. 

Planning to switch whole family lines over to the $10 6gbsb with throttle speed there after. 

Currently I am paying $5 caller id for 3 lines with M1. 2 of the lines with less than 1ghs usage per month on average which is a waste imo for that amount of subscription monthly.

That is a saving of $240 plus per year.

I am very cat (meow).😄

Edited by Kopites
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2